3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Thing about the Mika line is they still outscore the other team 5 on 5. They don't score as much as last year but they aren't a liability. thats why i'm not as concerned as some
your 1C needs to be much better than that. He's a liability as he's put in position to create offense and does not.

I think Lindgren might be ready to come back in?
highly doubt but you never know with Lindgren. We'll see if he practices

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Thought I saw Lindgren was already skating, but yeah; either way I think they try to get one of those guys back in if possible before going further down the depth chart
Lindgren is skating. Trouba was always gonna be ready before Lindgren unless he had a setback. They were both 2-3 weeks and Trouba was hurt first

Reactions: Captain Lindy

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
your 1C needs to be much better than that. He's a liability as he's put in position to create offense and does not.

highly doubt but you never know with Lindgren. We'll see if he practices
Mika is not the 1C. He's the 2C in reality and a guy who will wind up with 25 goals and 70 points and plays a capable defensive game and PK's. It's really not that bad.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for clarifying despite the rude initial post. Trochek has been awesome. He's my Steven McDonald Award first choice. Having a career year offensively and has been great on defense. He's hardly been an offensive dynamo throughout his career but this year is putting up the numbers.

My initial point last night is that Panarin hasn't had the type of offensive supporting cast other MVP candidates have had, which makes what he's done even more impressive.

The personal pot shot is noted @Larrybiv , have a nice day!
You're right . No need of me wording it that way. Maybe a little frustrated that Trocheck not getting any credit. I apologize.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Jones has earned his spot in the lineup. His passing and skating are a huge plus on the back end. I’d seriously consider taking gus out of the lineup and letting jones play
Whenever he was on the ice I was just watching him the best I could last night(sorta hard when its on Tv). But what I did see is him being smooth and patient with the puck, even with out it he's seems very aware. The kid doesn't panic. Zero just tossing the puck to his partner when he gets crowded.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Mika is not the 1C. He's the 2C in reality and a guy who will wind up with 25 goals and 70 points and plays a capable defensive game and PK's. It's really not that bad.
he's suppose to be more than that. you can twist it however you like.

The hope is he elevates his game in the Playoffs..... and then I couldn't care less about his weaker regular season

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Happy with Jones's stretch of games but playoff teams are playing at 90% right now.

NYR have options at defense when everyone is healthy. Rempe isn't going to play every playoff game, but I'd be surprised if NYR did 11/7- doesn't usually give all 7 defensemen enough TOI to justify the decision. NYR like to lean on their PP enough that you usually need a full rotation of forwards to give the big guys the appropriate rest.

No certainty Lindgren is ready for the start of the playoffs. If there's a judgement call to be made, I think it's there.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
I've been holding out for Mika to put it together since Nov/Dec. Ideally he goes into the playoffs on a hot stretch & build up his confidence, something like 7/8 goals over this final stretch.

Though I can't see that happening tbh - its not like he's a victim of low % or bad puck luck, he's just invisible most nights 5v5.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I don't see that happening but you never know. I just enjoy the season and not worry about things I can't control. It's more likely they meet Carolina in the 2nd round which is always a crapshoot. Winning the cup is tough. There are legitimately about 7-8 teams that can win it if everything breaks just right. The Rangers are one of them.

All of this is obvious.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
You're right . No need of me wording it that way. Maybe a little frustrated that Trocheck not getting any credit. I apologize.
All good on my end. I honestly hadn't realized he's still close to producing at a PPG rate. Knew he was hot to start the year but seemed to have dropped off the last month or so offensively.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'm not sure I understand. I think there has been consistency. Look at Rempe. No suspension on the Bastian hit. Which, there shouldn't have been. It wasn't a headshot.

He did get 4 games later on for what was a clear headshot.

This hit by Reinhart, while unfortunate, is not a penalty or a suspendible hit. There was no intent.
His elbow moved into Gus's head. It was plain to see intent there.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Will be interesting to see these two teams battle in the playoffs with healthy rosters. We had two guys out (and Jones hasn’t been bad at all). They had three. Will also be interesting to see how much of that experience and “veteran presence” helps us.

For now, enjoy the win, and LGR!

I'm not sure I understand. I think there has been consistency. Look at Rempe. No suspension on the Bastian hit. Which, there shouldn't have been. It wasn't a headshot.

This hit by Reinhart, while unfortunate, is not a penalty or a suspendible hit. There was no intent.
Exactly this. In the Bastian and Gus situations, the players were not in their typical skating positions (or whatever the term is), and the hitter didn’t go out of his way to make an illegal contact. It’s a fast sport. Sometimes stuff happens.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

There doesn't have to be intent to be a penalty. It was clearly an elbow penalty. Players don't intend to high stick, trip, throw the puck over the glass, etc. The refs missed it but that should be no surprise.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Then why are you so convinced about a first round exit? They lost last year to a team that actually had a better regular season.

Who the hell said anything about me believing in a first round exit? Goodness. When did I say anything about that?

I give up tbh.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Did you not write this?

Does that mean I meant it literally? It was sarcasm.... saying that the President's trophy is meaningless if the team fails in the post season.

Why the f*** do I have to explain the most basic things?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
it's gonna really hurt when Jones gets scratched for a worse player. he was awesome last night.
seriously Has he been bad in any game since his return? This consistent stretch he's been on his first game back was against Ottawa which could be one of the turnaround games for the season? Been pretty good every game since then.

It's gonna be one of those things where 99 percent of the board will agree he should be playing in the playoffs but very few coaches will put him in over Lindgren/Trouba/Gus.

Reactions: gabevh3

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
seriously Has he been bad in any game since his return? This consistent stretch he's been on his first game back was against Ottawa which could be one of the turnaround games for the season? Been pretty good every game since then.

It's gonna be one of those things where 99 percent of the board will agree he should be playing in the playoffs but very few coaches will put him in over Lindgren/Trouba/Gus.

yeah and last night should disprove any notion that he's "too small" to play a playoff style game. that was as playoffs as it gets against the heaviest team in the conference and he had the best metrics of all of the defensemen in the game.

Reactions: gabevh3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad