Gary Bettman "We think the format we have works extremely well ... unless you're a Leafs fan."

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
What an arrogant, pompous, ruthless, sob.

Hey, I respect a man who calls it as he sees it. Cheers to him anyways.

Reactions: 7even

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The playoff format is what it is.

The Ref bribes and preference for giving southern USA f***le market audience an exciting product because they net profit like 5.97 cents annually, while they can keep screwing us over and over with horrible calls, and tilting the ice because no matter what MLSE makes millions per year even during our tank year.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The playoff format is what it is.

The Ref bribes and preference for giving southern USA ****le market audience an exciting product because they net profit like 5.97 cents annually, while they can keep screwing us over and over with horrible calls, and tilting the ice because no matter what MLSE makes millions per year even during our tank year.

I really think teams that are in the red should have some type of punishment. While teams continues to bring in profit have to get some sort of advantages.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia

BelovedUntimelyAllensbigearedbat-size_restricted.gif

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Smart move by Betteman. I didn't even know there was a Heritage Classic going on this weekend. No buzz around the game. So what does Gary do? Rags on the leafs knowing the Media will run with the story and it came from his media availability at the game so now people will know there is a game going on that nobody really cares about

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Smart move by Betteman. I didn't even know there was a Heritage Classic going on this weekend. No buzz around the game. So what does Gary do? Rags on the leafs knowing the Media will run with the story and it came from his media availability at the game so now people will know there is a game going on that nobody really cares about
We can claim that he is many things. But he is very smart and has a very good sense of survival. He knows how to keep his job and make the people who pay him happy. Gary is like adult WWE.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Another dick NYC lawyer move. All legal but he has to take a Leafs shot. But yes the media will run with it. It is true but why would he say it unless he knew it was unfair to Leafs. The playoff format means little to nothing in the southern States. No one gives Jack sh*t who plays who there. In fact in carolina maybe 98 people out of 100 do not even know they have a hockey team. or should I say do not even know what hockey is. What a joker.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The playoff format is stupid, I didn't agree with the format change when it happened and nothing that has happened since has changed my mind about that

Just a pointless attempt to inorganically create playoff riviaries imo

Bettman's comments were just a petty shot at the best revenue driving market his league has, but he can say what he wants so if he wants to be a jackass I've get no problem with it

I'm sure some salty markets will lap this up, jealousy is a real bugger sometimes :laugh:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Just to highlight, in 2017-2018 we finished with 49 wins and 105 points and faced the Bruins. Th Capitals that year also had 49 wins and 105 points, but they drew the 97 point jackets, bypassed both Tampa and the Bruins in the 2nd round, and went on to win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad