gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
he didnt want to sign here, signed cheaper in vancouver and got a NMC/NTC

why would he want to move now?

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
He may want to move because being the whipping boy of your home town is probably not what he had in mind when he asked for that NTC.

He's been almost universally panned after the obligatory half-season 'let him get settled' period. Managment may want to see him play under a (yet another) new coach before trading him but the media/fans wanted him traded ages ago.

'Nucks need a big, young forward. Preferably a center. I don't think Garrison is worth Shore, but it fits.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Actually. If the Panthers would also take Booth back (as a salary dump) I'm sure Vancouver would do that deal in a heartbeat. Maybe with a mid-round pick to at least make it look respectable.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Garrison was great his first season. The media wasn't high on him partially because they were casting all Gillis decisions in a negative light as the Luongo/Schneider fiasco and the Booth and Derek Roy trades all blew up.

He played heavy minutes and played pretty well, even as he was partly playing on his off-side.

Last year seemed like a terrible one for all Canuck core players, to a man. Garrison had a bad year but admitted after the season he was playing through a groin injury. I'm surprised he actually played at the Worlds but I'm sure he wanted to play for Canada.

The reality though is the Canucks are overloaded on the left side with Garrison, Hamhuis and Edler and one of them has to go.

Stanton had a good rookie season playing next to Bieksa and he'll likely be the cheap replacement on the LHS.

How's Luongo doing? He'll always be a fan favorite in Vancouver.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
He may want to move because being the whipping boy of your home town is probably not what he had in mind when he asked for that NTC.

He's been almost universally panned after the obligatory half-season 'let him get settled' period. Managment may want to see him play under a (yet another) new coach before trading him but the media/fans wanted him traded ages ago.

'Nucks need a big, young forward. Preferably a center. I don't think Garrison is worth Shore, but it fits.

I sure miss his shot from the point.. it's fun to think about but probably won't happen..

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I really doubt he'll want to come back down here as much as I would be glad to take him back on certain factors. He'll probably want to be a part of the rebuild in Vancouver and stay at home.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
While I would be happy to have him back, if we draft Ekblad then the 4 more years makes me hesitate.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
he didnt want to sign here, signed cheaper in vancouver and got a NMC/NTC

why would he want to move now?

Its not he didny want to sign here, its that he wanted to go home. It think hed come back.

Id love it.

Bring Back The Bomb rip GWAR. Booth too, if even for SA.

Arson Daily

Aug 21, 2011
booth was a locker room cancer, much like versteeg was. no one really liked him, and tallon hated his work ethic. no way florida brings booth back.

id take garrison id it didn't mean giving up too much, though i'd guesstimate vancouver would have to eat some of the salary. he has also been mentioned as a buyout candidate.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
No thanks to Garrison. While he was a good fit, and has been stated previously, he wanted out.

Why take back a player, any player, that didn't want to be a Panther. Next we'll be talking about a trade for Horten!

Enjoyed the Gbomb from the point but it a part of a bad history that needs to be forgotten. Turn the page - it's time to start a new chapter in Panther history!

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
Enjoyed the Gbomb from the point but it a part of a bad history that needs to be forgotten. Turn the page - it's time to start a new chapter in Panther history!

You're right, winning the SE division and making the playoffs after a decade of being on the outside looking in needs to be forgotten and quickly.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
You're right, winning the SE division and making the playoffs after a decade of being on the outside looking in needs to be forgotten and quickly.

Of course what I wrote was misconstrued. : shakehead:

What I meant was to stop looking to the past for players and look to the present and future.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Of course what I wrote was misconstrued. : shakehead:

What I meant was to stop looking to the past for players and look to the present and future.

So you would avoid a valuable asset just because he was already on the team? There isn't an endless supply of good players and sometimes you need to recycle; there's nothing wrong with that. If they can be effective piece of the team going forward, then an effort to reacquire them should be made.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
So you would avoid a valuable asset just because he was already on the team? There isn't an endless supply of good players and sometimes you need to recycle; there's nothing wrong with that. If they can be effective piece of the team going forward, then an effort to reacquire them should be made.

Not to belabor the point I was attempting to make; Garrison did not want to be a Panther. He wanted to leave and go to Vancouver. If someone did not want to be on the team just two years ago what makes me believe that he wants to be back?

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Not to belabor the point I was attempting to make; Garrison did not want to be a Panther. He wanted to leave and go to Vancouver. If someone did not want to be on the team just two years ago what makes me believe that he wants to be back?

Because he would need to waive his NTC to be traded here. And it's not that he didn't want to be in Florida, it's simply that his preference was to play in his home province. If he is willing to waive his NTC to come to Florida, then that means he has no issues with being down here. The whole "he doesn't want to be a Panther" schtick becomes a moot point.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Because he would need to waive his NTC to be traded here. And it's not that he didn't want to be in Florida, it's simply that his preference was to play in his home province. If he is willing to waive his NTC to come to Florida, then that means he has no issues with being down here. The whole "he doesn't want to be a Panther" schtick becomes a moot point.
This, and quite frankly-anyone would be all out nuts not to want his reliability AND offense.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I would love to have him back but I'm really doubtful that he wants to leave Vancouver already.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
booth was a locker room cancer, much like versteeg was. no one really liked him, and tallon hated his work ethic. no way florida brings booth back.

id take garrison id it didn't mean giving up too much, though i'd guesstimate vancouver would have to eat some of the salary. he has also been mentioned as a buyout candidate.

Whatttt? People going to just let that fly? I'll believe when I hear Tallon say it one day. Great8Cam any truth to that at all??

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: