News Article: GARRIOCH: The Ottawa Senators expect they'll get some high-end talent at top of draft

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ok, so imagine adding a prime time Kane and Marner to what we currently have

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Isn't that the editors fault?

Both. When it becomes a common theme in every article, you'd think the writer would take a little more pride in his work. So while it may be the editor's fault, it reflects poorly on the writer.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Can't get over how many grammatical errors and spelling mistakes Garrioch always has in his articles lol

But it was in German when talking about Stutzle. Makes sense no? Lol

“He’s very close to being able to play in the NHL and contributeümuch like (Alexis) Lafrenière from the get-go. The Senators are looking for this kind of top-end skill and Tim Stützle provides it.”

Reactions: Daffy

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
But it was in German when talking about Stutzle. Makes sense no? Lol

“He’s very close to being able to play in the NHL and contributeümuch like (Alexis) Lafrenière from the get-go. The Senators are looking for this kind of top-end skill and Tim Stützle provides it.”

I had a good laugh at this lol

Reactions: Clayonator and DJB

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I thought the comment about the scouts finally realizing how difficult it is to make trades on draft day was interesting. It sounds like Dorion want to make one. My fingers are crossed with trepidation.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Would Stutzle/Byfield/Raymond/Sanderson/Drysdale play in Belleville next season?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Possible/No/Possible but not likely/No/No

Why would this be? Is it a team decision or player decision? Or do they have a contract to continue to play out with their other team? I have no clue about this stuff and what determines some players to go straight into the NHL (besides just skill) , go to the AHL or stay with their other team

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Why would this be? Is it a team decision or player decision? Or do they have a contract to continue to play out with their other team? I have no clue about this stuff and what determines some players to go straight into the NHL (besides just skill) , go to the AHL or stay with their other team
Byfield, Drysdale and Sanderson aren’t allowed to play in the AHL, Raymond is signed in Sweden and has to stay there, Stutzle can play AHL, but is more likely to play in the NHL or DEL.

Byfield and Drysdale can’t play in the AHL next season either.

Reactions: Alex1234

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Interesting, so Byfield, Drysdale, and Sanderson would just stick with their current team until they are NHL ready?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Interesting, so Byfield, Drysdale, and Sanderson would just stick with their current team until they are NHL ready?
Sanderson loses his NCAA eligibility if he signs a pro contract, he’ll play at least this season in ND.

Byfield and Drysdale aren’t allowed to play in the AHL until they are 20. They will either be back in Erie/Sudbury or in the NHL

Reactions: Alex1234

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sanderson loses his NCAA eligibility if he signs a pro contract, he’ll play at least this season in ND.

Byfield and Drysdale aren’t allowed to play in the AHL until they are 20. They will either be back in Erie/Sudbury or in the NHL

Awesome, thanks for your time.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Would Stutzle/Byfield/Raymond/Sanderson/Drysdale play in Belleville next season?

Stutzle is possible because he said he would play in the AHL if that's what the team who drafts him wants.

Raymond could if he wanted but Swedes almost always stay in Sweden for a year or two after getting drafted so I would expect the same from him.

Sanderson won't as he is committed to play NCAA hockey at University of North Dakota. However given the COVID situation I guess it's possible that he elects to forgo UND and go straight to the AHL depending on how things play out (like if the NCAA season was cut short but the AHL was continuing).

Byfield & Drysdale, being CHLers, cannot play in the AHL until they are 20 due to the AHL/CHL agreement.

Reactions: Taluss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad