Rumor: [Garrioch] Possible Sens vs Habs outdoor game in 2017?

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
I think it's a great idea, the Cities are regional and after last year, now have a modern playoff link. But.. 2017? get back to me then....

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Why can't Montreal play a team fans across Canada are interested in? Lets get real here, the Sens have zero drawing power, or appeal, outside of that small market. The outdoor game against Edmonton was interesting, because it was a 'new' experience for hockey fans.

Killerguitar101*

Molson Stadium would be a great venue.

Molson stadium is the worst stadium in Canada.

Quebec doesn't have a stadium that could hold an NHL game. The only stadiums in Canada that are big enough for that is the BC Place (Vancouver), McMahon Stadium (Calgary), Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton), the new stadium in Winnipeg, and of course, the one in Toronto.

It's time we either build a stadium in Montreal for that Alouettes, or we never host an outdoor NHL game.

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa
Ottawa is trying to capitalize on a bunch of milestones:

- Canada's 150th birthday
- NHL's 125th birthday
- Stanley Cup's 100th birthday
- Senators 25th birthday

At first I was thinking they would do it on the Rideau Canal but Ottawa's new venue at Lansdowne will be pretty cool to watch a game.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005

Quebec doesn't have a stadium that could hold an NHL game. The only stadiums in Canada that are big enough for that is the BC Place (Vancouver), McMahon Stadium (Calgary), Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton), the new stadium in Winnipeg, and of course, the one in Toronto.

It's time we either build a stadium in Montreal for that Alouettes, or we never host an outdoor NHL game.

Which one is that again? The soccer stadium or the SkyDome, which can't physically open its roof in the winter?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

New Ivor Wynn should get a game - MTL vs. TOR in Hamilton instead of this dumb Sens game. Would be sort of a home game for both teams!

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007

Why would you build a stadium for the Al's when they renovated Molson Stadium and added seats. It would be a great venue for an outdoor game, because of it's location, and the intamacy of the stadium. The main drawback is the relatively low capacity.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I must be the only one who does not give a **** about outdoor games.

No you aren't, they mean nothing to me either. The NHL downgrades the product, usually terrible ice/weather ... terrible seating and lighting.. but they triple the ticket prices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad