News Article: Garrioch hit piece on Gallagher

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ok so there's Gallagher's main comment

"When I was 10 years old, our coach had a rule if you lay on the ice — we didn’t have trainers — if the coach had to come on the ice and get you, you’re too hurt to play. You had to sit for a minimum three shifts," Gallagher said. "He’s a great player. I’ve played against him for two, three years now. More than half the games we’ve played against him he’s laid on the ice and he’s right back out there next shift.

"He lays on the ice. He acts like he’s hurt. He sells the call. He’s on the ice that same power play. You know, there’s kids watching. We’re role models. If I was a teammate of his, I’d tell him to smarten up. It’s just not a good look. Very talented player, very good player. He needs to stop laying on the ice. It’s embarrassing.
"

- He's saying they are "role models", but what he says at the beginning basically approves that 10 y/o kids should continue playing even if hurt so their coach doesn't sit them... What a freaking brilliant idea. Kids developing into their bodies and not being paid millions should continue to play no matter what! I'm sure doctors and parents would all approve. What a great role model! :laugh:

- "He sells the call"... I mean, it's a big part of your "identity" as a player :help:

- "He’s on the ice that same power play". If a player is in pain for a few seconds, does it mean he should sit the rest of the period? You have played in the NHL for a while, you know the pain can be real

Who's laying down on the ice here? :laugh:

Stutzle doesn't lay on the ice if it doesn't hurt. He just turned 20 y/o you moron, give him a little bit of time to develop a "NHL carapace", aka more resistance to physical pain?

He's also ultra talented and extremely shifty, of course players are going to hook him, trip him, etc. Wasn't the case with Sidney Crosby as well? It's often going to be the "right play" to take a penalty on Stutzle. Which is why he's already among the league leaders in penalty differential
The 1st video has Sergachev throwing Gallagher to the ice.
Sergachev ... an ex-team-mate - hmmm...

There was a big divide in the Habs room a few years ago... Subban, Pacioretty, Price, etc. Not sure about the sides but wouldn't be surprising if he was in the middle of this. A cry baby who cries when things don't go his way, then he calls others actions "embarrassing" :laugh:

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The fact it was a clear knee shot and that he bounced up pretty damn fast is what makes the take bad. The penalty was already called - Timmy having that panic moment and then realizing he is OK is totally normal.

I have certainly done that and would expect anyone who is active and plays sports has had a similar situation.
Clear by replay

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Clear by replay
Well if he is willing to call a player out to that extent he should probably make sure he knows what he is talking about. The breathless rant was too much regardless but given the length of time Stu was on the ice it was ridiculous.

I think the trainer jumped on the ice immediately knowing it could have been serious.

Anyway, screw Gallagher and the rest of them.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
Did they every actually play together? Wasn't he traded when he was in junior?
I knew he played a few games with the Habs. (I was a Habs fan then)
Just looked it up and it was only 4 games - perhaps not enough to work up a grudge - perhaps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OD99

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Honestly every "piece" Garrioch writes is a hit piece on himself with how terrible his syntax and structure is. Half the posters on here can write better than he can, and he has decades of experience.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Naw, that’s fan fiction so that in the absence of any factual information some fans default to needing to be right in their assessments.

The easiest path here in this situation, the common sense approach, would be to avoid conspiracy theories, and simply assume that the coach and player are being legit. As usual there are far too many people that would have to perpetuate the fabrication for it to be feasible, especially given the reasoning.
Bad fans. (Some) fans are bad, very, very bad.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The only way you can love Gallagher would be to have him on your team. Even his mom needed to become a Habs fan.

The guy is a little rat. I am not even sure how NHL players refrain themselves from destroying him. I'd probably be suspended for life already if I had to play against him

A total **** on the ice, and maybe he's fine outside of the rink but when it's related to hockey, his emotions makes him look like a total idiot, as evidenced once again.

Don't worry about Stu's reputation in the NHL, Gallagher's must be terrible

Some even take him as a little ragdoll

But this says it all :

I wouldn't want to talk shit about anybody who doesn't truly deserve it but in this case, I'm sorry but Gallagher is a little piece of ****.

Call up Tyler Kleven already and let's see how fast Gallagher get up after meeting him lol. Second customer would be the small kid, ok thanks

I find in general in life you can tell a lot about a person's character by what they accuse other people of. At heart we are all projectors and all too frequently a person accuses others of what they would do in that situation

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I find in general in life you can tell a lot about a person's character by what they accuse other people of. At heart we are all projectors and all too frequently a person accuses others of what they would do in that situation

Human beings are not capable of not criticizing, we all do it. There are ways to do it though. The problem here is due to the nature of his job, Gallagher is a "public figure" and is trying to embarrass and create a reputation for another "public figure". In theory, it's a defamation. Stützle already attracts a lot of penalties and then scores points on the PP. A "reputation" could influence refs to second guess the calls so he'd get less PPs, score less points and make LESS $$$ in the end. You'd see a lot more of this below :

On TV here in QC, there has been other ex-NHLers chiming in on the subject and said that sometimes an impact knocks the wind out of you or when you have a collision like this, you initially can think that it's going to be a serious injury. It happens to me as an amateur goalie too. When sometimes my shoulder pads slightly shifted and I get a hard shot in the ribs/clavicle, I might "go down". Weird because there's no powerplay to have there and I wouldn't really play on it anyway. I dare Gallagher and Caufield to call me a ***** just for fun.

Just very stupid childish comments from Gallagher. Tell it to your mom, your friend, even go anonymous on the internet to "vent your frustration" but don't tell that in front of the medias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad