News Article: GARRIOCH: Belleville Senators coach Troy Mann gives his perspective on some of Ottawa's top prospect

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Youth will be served by the Ottawa Senators.

The rebuild for the Senators started in Feb., 2018 when Eugene Melnyk and general manager Pierre Dorion sat down at the owner’s home in Barbados to determine the best path to get the club back to respectability.

Of course, it will be up to Dorion, assistant GM Peter MacTavish, chief scout Trent Mann, coach D.J. Smith and the rest of the staff to determine where everyone fits.

Belleville Senators coach Troy Mann gives his perspective on some of Ottawa's top prospects | Ottawa Sun

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Formenton taking bad penalties was something that was an interesting hilite and it’s true of his game — he does have a pest side to him and you wonder if he’ll be more Pete Schaefer /Antoine Vermette speed and skill or more jam and penalty minutes Chris Kreider/ Lars Eller

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Garrioch said there will be another article about other guys including Brown

Ah so it is Garrioch stirring the pot with how he chose to release the interview as opposed to Mann having nothing of significance to say about Logan Brown...I are disappointed Bruce.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Formenton will be our next Vermette with a bit more Jam

Norris will be our next Fisher, but just not as strong

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
This is my expectation for the following young players when they hit their prime

Stutzle (65-70pts)

Batherson (55pts)
Tkachuk (55pts)

Norris (50pts)

Formenton (45pts)
White (45pts)

Abramov (40pts)

Reactions: robsenz

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This is my expectation for the following young players when they hit their prime

Stutzle (65-70pts)

Batherson (55pts)
Tkachuk (55pts)

Norris (50pts)

Formenton (45pts)
White (45pts)

Abramov (40pts)

My expectations for Stuetzle, Batherson Tkachuk and White are higher than that

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Stutzle (65-70pts)

Batherson (55pts)
Tkachuk (55pts)

Norris (50pts)

Formenton (45pts)
White (45pts)

Abramov (40pts)
I’ll take that bet. Other than Abramov and Formenton I think you are low and in a few cases very low.

Reactions: JD1

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I predict we'll have the deepest forward group we ever had. No pizza line but the lack of scoring depht we had despite being 1st in GF almost every year probably cost us a Cup in 2007 so IMO it's better to have a well spread offense.

What I really hope is that we are able to build 3 scoring lines to be a handful to contain.

Tkachuk-Stuetzle-Batherson : size, skill, speed, playmaking, scoring, possession, agitation, everything (50-80 pts each)

Formenton-Brown-Jarventie : size, skill, speed, shooting, playmaking, agitation, again everything (40-60 pts each)

Greig-Norris-Pinto : matchup line, hell to play against, hard to get possession of the puck against that line, and would still provide scoring (35-50 pts each)

Of course, things could play very differently, Example, if Brown doesn't work out as the 2nd line Center, then it's going to be Norris and in that case he has more than 50 pts potential IMO. And some of the other guys "won't go down that easy".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad