News Article: Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Correct,deny them the oxygen they crave.:handclap:
I know...i know. Just so frustrating when you are aware of what the team can accomplish. It is not like the players we brought in just forgot how to skate and the players shipped out will all be Crosbys.

BayStreetBullies*

13. Which team will have the biggest dropoff?

Dellow: The Leafs could end up finishing as low as seventh in their division. Fans will pine for the glory days of a blown third period in a Game 7 against Boston.

Saba: The Leafs. Randy Carlyle made a lot of baffling decisions last season, but luck helped the team make the playoffs. Eventually that luck will run out.

Sanchez: Anaheim isn’t going to sniff third overall in the NHL this year.

Wilson: The Leafs. See my answer to question No. 8.
------------------------

So apparently the Leafs were lucky to make the playoffs after 48 games. And all it takes is for an extra 34 games for that luck to be non-existent. Their logic is brilliant. :sarcasm:

16. Which Canadian teams will make the playoffs and who will go the deepest?

Dellow: Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton.
Saba Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Ottawa will go at least two rounds, the others will be eliminated in the first, and we will all have to hear about how those teams need more Lucic-type players.

Sanchez: Vancouver, Ottawa, and Montreal will make the playoffs but all will be out in the first round.

Wilson: Ottawa, Vancouver and Montreal. I think Ottawa will go the furthest. The Senators have a sublime talent on the blueline, a smart coach and surprisingly decent group of forwards. The Canucks are still a decent club, but their window seems to be closing.

Yerdon: Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton. The Senators could make the East final.
--------------------------

:laugh: :laugh:

They have the gall to say the Leafs were lucky, but they have no problem picking the likes of friggin Edmonton ahead of the Leafs to make the playoffs.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The best solution is to ignore it and not post articles or links to these stories that you allegedly despise. You are actually giving them what they want; their goal is to antagonize you and in turn you will discuss the article.

Exactly, out of all 30 times the Leafs get mentioned more than a few times in there. There's a reason for it, I would bet my house that they actually don't mean half the crap they write about the Leafs, they just want people to read it, and respond. They are trying to draw eyes to their work. Just ignore it, I've come to realize that the Leafs are the most used and abused team in all of sports. I've never seen a city and it's media rip apart their own team the way they do due to antagonize a whole fan base. Honestly 3 of them thought the Leafs were the team to drop off??? after signing Clarkson and trading for Bolland and Bernier, give me a ****ing break, total B.S

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
13. Which team will have the biggest dropoff?

Dellow: The Leafs could end up finishing as low as seventh in their division. Fans will pine for the glory days of a blown third period in a Game 7 against Boston.

Saba: The Leafs. Randy Carlyle made a lot of baffling decisions last season, but luck helped the team make the playoffs. Eventually that luck will run out.

Sanchez: Anaheim isn’t going to sniff third overall in the NHL this year.

Wilson: The Leafs. See my answer to question No. 8.
------------------------

So apparently the Leafs were lucky to make the playoffs after 48 games. And all it takes is for an extra 34 games for that luck to be non-existent. Their logic is brilliant. :sarcasm:

16. Which Canadian teams will make the playoffs and who will go the deepest?

Dellow: Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton.
Saba Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Ottawa will go at least two rounds, the others will be eliminated in the first, and we will all have to hear about how those teams need more Lucic-type players.

Sanchez: Vancouver, Ottawa, and Montreal will make the playoffs but all will be out in the first round.

Wilson: Ottawa, Vancouver and Montreal. I think Ottawa will go the furthest. The Senators have a sublime talent on the blueline, a smart coach and surprisingly decent group of forwards. The Canucks are still a decent club, but their window seems to be closing.

Yerdon: Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton. The Senators could make the East final.
--------------------------

:laugh: :laugh:

They have the gall to say the Leafs were lucky, but they have no problem picking the likes of friggin Edmonton ahead of the Leafs to make the playoffs.
Can't forget the Habs! they will of course have the top offense in the league and score 500 goals after going from last to second! urgh

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Someone bookmark the link to that article, then at the end of the season we can spam their twitter accounts with chirps about the article. :sarcasm:

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Exactly, out of all 30 times the Leafs get mentioned more than a few times in there. There's a reason for it, I would bet my house that they actually don't mean half the crap they write about the Leafs, they just want people to read it, and respond. They are trying to draw eyes to their work. Just ignore it, I've come to realize that the Leafs are the most used and abused team in all of sports. I've never seen a city and it's media rip apart their own team the way they do due to antagonize a whole fan base. Honestly 3 of them thought the Leafs were the team to drop off??? after signing Clarkson and trading for Bolland and Bernier, give me a ****ing break, total B.S
Well said

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
The guys they asked are all just bloggers, if I start blogging and get a decent amount of hits I could be a part on an interview like this. Let's not pretend these people are professionals in this field

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I just don't see an addition of a Clarkson (although expensive) Bolland, and Bernier as a step back. I also believe Ashton is just waiting to break out. Then when you look at the solid defensive propects coming through the pipeline, and the success at the AHL level all while the team becomes more mature.I just think a little credit should happen...I am also high on Levio! and have been impressed with Bodie in his limited role.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON

A lot of the chowderheads in the TO media aren't from the city. They've moved here from BC, Alberta, Quebec, etc. Exactly why we don't get homer reporting like you would in a province like Quebec or Ottawa where every media scrub there supports the local team. Toronto is the hub and naturally they all want to work for the big networks (tsn, sportsnet, the score, ctv, etc). We just have to deal with it. If I could have one wish though I'd send that canucks fanatic Mirtle back to his farm in kamloops. What a troll.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Why can't we have homer news reporters like every other team....sigh.

The National Post, while based in Toronto, is positioned primarily as a national paper. Also, it's not even an article by a reporter. It's a collection of opinions from bloggers across the country. So, I'm not sure what

However, I will admit that the editor who wrote the headline (and you have to remember that headlines are created by editors not the people who wrote the article) was being a little sensationalistic.

As for the bloggers' opinions themselves, it appears that most, if not all, of them are big supporters of "advanced stats" and if you believe in those stats, then there opinions on the Leafs' season last year are perfectly logical

And frankly, if I'm a blogger for another team given a chance to comment on the national stage, I'd be very likely to take a shot at the Leafs just to see people on boards like these overreact. Heck, as a Leaf fan, I find it tempting

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
A lot of the chowderheads in the TO media aren't from the city. They've moved here from BC, Alberta, Quebec, etc. Exactly why we don't get homer reporting like you would in a province like Quebec or Ottawa where every media scrub there supports the local team. Toronto is the hub and naturally they all want to work for the big networks (tsn, sportsnet, the score, ctv, etc). We just have to deal with it. If I could have one wish though I'd send that canucks fanatic Mirtle back to his farm in kamloops. What a troll.
True. Most are from away, and we all know what other provinces think of Ontario & Toronto in particular. A few nice homer articles would go a long way. Don't even get me started on that Canucks fan, i can't stand him!

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
I just don't see an addition of a Clarkson (although expensive) Bolland, and Bernier as a step back. I also believe Ashton is just waiting to break out. Then when you look at the solid defensive propects coming through the pipeline, and the success at the AHL level all while the team becomes more mature.I just think a little credit should happen...I am also high on Levio! and have been impressed with Bodie in his limited role.

I'm more concerned with Bolland as a step back. He took Grabovski's role. History shows he's injury prone, and that his GP/season is on the decline. Last night I wasn't very impressed with him. The only thing he did was didn't score on a scoring chance.

Bloggers bloviate over Clarkson's contract. Which is kind of funny, they seem confused on how free-agency works. They seem to think FA's who the the top of their class will sign in Toronto for low terms, and low years.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

But are you really surprised to see such an opinion expressed? There has been more than one person on this board who has expressed the idea that the Leafs' additions and subtractions have not made the Leafs better. So, it shouldn't be all that surprising to encounter that opinion outside these boards.

BayStreetBullies*

T
And frankly, if I'm a blogger for another team given a chance to comment on the national stage, I'd be very likely to take a shot at the Leafs just to see people on boards like these overreact. Heck, as a Leaf fan, I find it tempting

And by overreact, you mean succinctly point out how absurd their opinions are?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Screw Grabovski. He and his fellow Caps can look all pretty all they want but when it comes to winning when it matters, I hate the make up of that team, Grabo fits in perfectly, razzle dazzle, then put on the brakes in the playoffs.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
The National Post, while based in Toronto, is positioned primarily as a national paper. Also, it's not even an article by a reporter. It's a collection of opinions from bloggers across the country. So, I'm not sure what

However, I will admit that the editor who wrote the headline (and you have to remember that headlines are created by editors not the people who wrote the article) was being a little sensationalistic.

As for the bloggers' opinions themselves, it appears that most, if not all, of them are big supporters of "advanced stats" and if you believe in those stats, then there opinions on the Leafs' season last year are perfectly logical

I have studied Stats school wise. I think they belong in baseball, but not hockey. Even last year with the Leafs shooting % and shots against. Yes they were outshoot, yes they were efficient. The thing was not one person writes about where on the ice the shots against come from, or when we shoot the puck (play wise) it is a system. Sure you can get burned, but i refuse to think it is from lack of exucution. Randy does not seem like a coach who will let that happen continuously.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I'm more concerned with Bolland as a step back. He took Grabovski's role. History shows he's injury prone, and that his GP/season is on the decline. Last night I wasn't very impressed with him. The only thing he did was didn't score on a scoring chance.

Bloggers bloviate over Clarkson's contract. Which is kind of funny, they seem confused on how free-agency works. They seem to think FA's who the the top of their class will sign in Toronto for low terms, and low years.
Yeah. I liked Grabo a lot. Hell of a soldier in that Boston series. I just think Bolland will grind out more wins in the end. But i don't pretend to think he is more talented then Grabo of course. I think Randy just did not like him, and if he ws used properly we would be a step ahead for sure.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
But are you really surprised to see such an opinion expressed? There has been more than one person on this board who has expressed the idea that the Leafs' additions and subtractions have not made the Leafs better. So, it shouldn't be all that surprising to encounter that opinion outside these boards.
True enough. I should not be surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad