GDT: Garbage Bag Day

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I used to praise Brouwer for his positive attitude and his outspokenness but now I'm at the point where I feel like he's just saying empty words. "We don't want to be clearing out today, we want to be in playoffs." Well Troy, you did f*** all this season, maybe that's why.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I called it all the way back in the November. Tkachuk will be our captain after Gio retires

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I don't think it's for lack of trying. He's just slow and lacking in puck skills.
I was about to type that he is better than what he has shown us... then went to check his career stats... 43 points career high... HOLY SHIT are you kidding me. Guess my expectations have been way to high. Maybe because of his salary

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I was about to type that he is better than what he has shown us... then went to check his career stats... 43 points career high... HOLY **** are you kidding me. Guess my expectations have been way to high. Maybe because of his salary
He scored the series-clinching goal for the Blues over the Blackhawks that one year and cashed in because of it.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I was about to type that he is better than what he has shown us... then went to check his career stats... 43 points career high... HOLY **** are you kidding me. Guess my expectations have been way to high. Maybe because of his salary

I would have been more okay if he was a consistent 15-15 kinda guy even, not happy but okay with it. But 6 goals and 22 points with all the opportunities he was given this year was just not enough.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I would have been more okay if he was a consistent 15-15 kinda guy even, not happy but okay with it. But 6 goals and 22 points with all the opportunities he was given this year was just not enough.
I mean I would be ok with him playing 4th line making 2 mil a year max. He does not deserve his salary.

Brutal.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The majority of Brouwer's points throughout his career historically came from the PP parked in front of the goaltender. But he was shifted on the half wall this season and then taken off completely until the injury plague hit.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

The people questioning Sean really need to look at the character and toughness of this young man.

He is arguably the best player thus far in his draft class.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I called it all the way back in the November. Tkachuk will be our captain after Gio retires
I have to disagree. Sean is being molded to be the next captain and after hearing about the surgeries he went through and the pain he endured deservedly so. Then management had to shut him down. Amazing character. Ironically as Sean got less and less healthy the Flames sputtered more and more. Sean is the heart of the team.

Not bad for a third line player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad