OT: Gaming

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Anybody here playing The Division Beta? I'm not myself but would love a quick review. It looks interesting but I don't trust Ubisoft with anything so I'm staying away until I know for sure.

Also, if you're into old school RPG's and haven't played it yet, Undertale is brilliant. I'd highly recommend it (though, if you're not into RPG's it may be tough).

i'm very critical when it comes to ubi, but so far everything i've seen from that beta by watching videos and streams looks incredible

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Any of you guys play Until Dawn? Thoughts?
I just missed the sale it was on for $50 and now back up to $75 :(

It's an excellent game that, while spoofying cliche teen horror tropes, actually manages to create a pretty compelling story and characters. It's only about 6-7 hours with not a whole lot of replay value, unless you want to experiment killing/saving characters. Check Amazon to see if you can get it a little cheaper. Much as I like the game, $75 is hard to justify given it's short length.

At the moment, I've giving Blade and Soul a go. Love the combat system, but good lord is the PvE content boring. Granted, I am only level 14 and admittedly a little bias because friends bailed on our last MMO (FFXIV) for this. But still...

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
It's an excellent game that, while spoofying cliche teen horror tropes, actually manages to create a pretty compelling story and characters. It's only about 6-7 hours with not a whole lot of replay value, unless you want to experiment killing/saving characters. Check Amazon to see if you can get it a little cheaper. Much as I like the game, $75 is hard to justify given it's short length.

At the moment, I've giving Blade and Soul a go. Love the combat system, but good lord is the PvE content boring. Granted, I am only level 14 and admittedly a little bias because friends bailed on our last MMO (FFXIV) for this. But still...

I played Blade and Soul for about 20 mins and then uninstalled it. The combat is OK, but the visuals look like Combat Arms.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Lots of great sales currently going on on Steam. I'm starting to build quite the library!

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Lots of great sales currently going on on Steam. I'm starting to build quite the library!

Check greenmangaming too. They often have some amazing deals and they're 100% legit.

On another note, I started gaming MWO again (played very briefly in the beta when missile hits would not register) and it has become a pretty great game. Equal parts strategy and shooter. Only problem is the stuff costs a lot of money and grinding is tedious but they give you some pretty competent equipment to start which is better than most F2P games. Add in a campaign mode with coop and it's the Mechwarrior game I always hoped for.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Check greenmangaming too. They often have some amazing deals and they're 100% legit.

On another note, I started gaming MWO again (played very briefly in the beta when missile hits would not register) and it has become a pretty great game. Equal parts strategy and shooter. Only problem is the stuff costs a lot of money and grinding is tedious but they give you some pretty competent equipment to start which is better than most F2P games. Add in a campaign mode with coop and it's the Mechwarrior game I always hoped for.

MMOs are a racket and most are too repetitive.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

I played MWO and Hawken when they were first released. I actually knew many of the people from the development team at Infinite Game Publishing which created Mechwarrior Online. Their studio was located right here in downtown montreal. Really cool people. Sad to see them close down.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
MMOs are a racket and most are too repetitive.

yet everytime someone tries to make something new, people reject it :(

Guild Wars 2 was pretty boring, but the WvWvW was in-cre-di-ble once you really got involved in it... Every server has a huge organized teamspeak setup, teams, planned defense, planned takeover etc etc... all the heads of the guilds would meet every week to plan the upcoming week of war, it's so coooool

sadly now they're charging 50$ for an expansion and I don't feel like buying it

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
yet everytime someone tries to make something new, people reject it :(

Guild Wars 2 was pretty boring, but the WvWvW was in-cre-di-ble once you really got involved in it... Every server has a huge organized teamspeak setup, teams, planned defense, planned takeover etc etc... all the heads of the guilds would meet every week to plan the upcoming week of war, it's so coooool

sadly now they're charging 50$ for an expansion and I don't feel like buying it

I just got back into GW2 after a 4 year hiatus. Game is fun and IMHO the expansion is worth it. The level cap will never change, and there is sooooo much to do its insane. It literally took me 2 weeks to craft my Ascended Longbow. Still have my shortbow, great sword, armor. I find it more fun now than i did 4 years ago when it first came out.

I just picked up ShellShock Live for $6 on steam. If you have ever played Scorched Earth its pretty identical. Having a lot of fun playing it online.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I just got back into GW2 after a 4 year hiatus. Game is fun and IMHO the expansion is worth it. The level cap will never change, and there is sooooo much to do its insane. It literally took me 2 weeks to craft my Ascended Longbow. Still have my shortbow, great sword, armor. I find it more fun now than i did 4 years ago when it first came out.

I just picked up ShellShock Live for $6 on steam. If you have ever played Scorched Earth its pretty identical. Having a lot of fun playing it online.

is it though? grinding for better gear was always a pain in this game... I will never, ever grind for a stupid legendary, wayyyy too long

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
is it though? grinding for better gear was always a pain in this game... I will never, ever grind for a stupid legendary, wayyyy too long

This nice thing about GW2 vs other grindy MMO's.
There's not subscription, so you don't feel like you are wasting your money if you don't play 24/7.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
This nice thing about GW2 vs other grindy MMO's.
There's not subscription, so you don't feel like you are wasting your money if you don't play 24/7.

oh yeah that I can't deny, that's the reason why I keep coming back to it! Just update it and it's ready to go! WoW always made me feel like I had signed a contract to play for the month

Sword

May 26, 2014
Street Fighter V? As in 5?
I'm 34 and played Street Fighter when I was 8 and there been countless releases...either my math is off or I had vivid dreams of a video game I should have made...

There were revisions, spin-offs and prequels

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Dark Souls III available for pre-order! Boy I hate these "season pass" but yet, I couldn't help but to order the whole thing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad