Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I've restarted Sekiro once more. This game is so damn good.

I'm answering myself there, but I just beat Genichiro.

First off, the start of the game was harder than I expected seeing I finished the game. I think my timing was off since I believe its been about 2 years or more that Ive finished it and I didn't replay it since. Like, the seven spears beat me a few times and so did the stupid ogre from the start. But, I noticed my timing has been improving. Ashina castle was a breeze this time.

But, I saw it was back against Genichiro. I think it took me over 20 tries, easily. Maybe 30-50, first time around. This time, beat both phases first try. Got greedy third phase. Then, beat up second try while drinking the gourd only once.

But man, this game is still as good as the first time I played it. Maybe even better as Im noticing the nuances in the story and lore.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm answering myself there, but I just beat Genichiro.

First off, the start of the game was harder than I expected seeing I finished the game. I think my timing was off since I believe its been about 2 years or more that Ive finished it and I didn't replay it since. Like, the seven spears beat me a few times and so did the stupid ogre from the start. But, I noticed my timing has been improving. Ashina castle was a breeze this time.

But, I saw it was back against Genichiro. I think it took me over 20 tries, easily. Maybe 30-50, first time around. This time, beat both phases first try. Got greedy third phase. Then, beat up second try while drinking the gourd only once.

But man, this game is still as good as the first time I played it. Maybe even better as Im noticing the nuances in the story and lore.
Good Lord ... that Genichiro fight nearly broke me my first playthrough. When I finally got through that 2nd phase and thought he was done I just about threw my remote through the TV when the 3rd phase started up. Lol.

Great game.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Good Lord ... that Genichiro fight nearly broke me my first playthrough. When I finally got through that 2nd phase and thought he was done I just about threw my remote through the TV when the 3rd phase started up. Lol.

Great game.

Yeah, hes a gatekeeper for the rest of the game. I was actually surprised at how easy he was this time around seeing I nearly had an aneurysm last time from the sheer disbelief of beating him.

whitez

Jul 8, 2023
I play Roblox most of the time, I like creating new games on the platform. I found cool synapse x for Roblox so now I creating the game is evem more exciting. There are many features supported, you can inject scripts into Roblox using Synapse X. Since it is fully undetected, your Roblox account cannot be suspended. It is one of the most popular executors for Roblox.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326_142203_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240326_142203_Chrome.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I got burned out on helldivers 2 so I finally decided to buy midnight suns with the season pass. Unfortunately the 2 hours of campaign I accumulated is broken by the dlc. Gotta start over. No biggie.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
With Horizon: Forbidden West arriving on PC, I thought that I'd see what Horizon: Zero Dawn is all about. I didn't think that I'd enjoy it, but I'm actually having some fun with it. It helps that the gameplay is largely a rip off of Far Cry. At least it's a rip off of gameplay that I enjoy (even if I'm maybe getting a little tired of it). It also helps that the world is so detailed and natural looking. I'm rather impressed. Give me a beautiful open world sandbox to play in and I'm usually happy.

I'm not a fan of some things. One is the voice acting. Another is that there's no excitement to be had over new weapons, outfits and such because the only way to get them is to buy them and every vendor offers them for sale no matter how early or far into the game that you are. There are also only a few of each weapon and outfit type. This game could use proper RPG selections of both, with semi-randomized stats. Relying on modifying weapons to make them more powerful just isn't as fun as discovering, say, a legendary bow with great base stats. Finally, I'm not so fond of the linear action sequences that are part of the main quest and contrast so sharply with the open world, but there aren't too many of those.

Despite those criticisms, the game is still mostly fun, which I'm pleasantly surprised by. I'll certainly finish it and am interested in playing Forbidden West eventually.

Last edited:

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Wartales. Its a medieval, open world, turn based, RPG.

Really really cool game so far.
I started playing that one late october and didn't know there was a DLC coming in december, got pretty addicted.
However once you beat the game there is not much motivation to play it again, always the same map, the same quests.
So in the new year I started playing Heroes of Might and Magic III again, because there was a big upgrade for the HOTA mod.

Now I'm back to soldier life playing battle brothers, kind of similar to wartales but also complete different.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I started playing that one late october and didn't know there was a DLC coming in december, got pretty addicted.
However once you beat the game there is not much motivation to play it again, always the same map, the same quests.
So in the new year I started playing Heroes of Might and Magic III again, because there was a big upgrade for the HOTA mod.

Now I'm back to soldier life playing battle brothers, kind of similar to wartales but also complete different.
Ive heard people say this game is really good but i just cant get over the art style of it something about it puts me off.

Im going to try and get 2 play troughs of Wartales. My first play through i sided with Edoran to fight against the refugees, accidently, because i wasnt really sure what i was doing at first. My 2nd i will try different builds, maybe an ironman run and also play the DLC.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Ive heard people say this game is really good but i just cant get over the art style of it something about it puts me off.

Im going to try and get 2 play troughs of Wartales. My first play through i sided with Edoran to fight against the refugees, accidently, because i wasnt really sure what i was doing at first. My 2nd i will try different builds, maybe an ironman run and also play the DLC.
Agreed wartales looks much nicer and has also all that crafting and many other nice stuff that bb doesn't have. But the fights seem not that hard, when you play regional you can just outnumber the opponents.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Agreed wartales looks much nicer and has also all that crafting and many other nice stuff that bb doesn't have. But the fights seem not that hard, when you play regional you can just outnumber the opponents.
Yeah i love the crafting, mini games and professions, Really cool ideas. Im playing on experienced right now i think and it is pretty easy. Thinking maybe next play through i will play on a harder difficulty. Open world doesnt really interest me all that much enemies that scale isnt fun in video games, imo, so i think i will stay with region locked.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I started playing Unicorn Overlord which fully got clicked on by me because of the title. My gosh that title does not do it justice. Great game in the same vein as Fire Emblem or Triangle Strategy. Little bit different battle style but good game.

Reactions: robertmac43

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
With Horizon: Forbidden West arriving on PC, I thought that I'd see what Horizon: Zero Dawn is all about. I didn't think that I'd enjoy it, but I'm actually having some fun with it. It helps that the gameplay is largely a rip off of Far Cry. At least it's a rip off of gameplay that I enjoy (even if I'm maybe getting a little tired of it). It also helps that the world is so detailed and natural looking. I'm rather impressed. Give me a beautiful open world sandbox to play in and I'm usually happy.

I'm not a fan of some things. One is the voice acting. Another is that there's no excitement to be had over new weapons, outfits and such because the only way to get them is to buy them and every vendor offers them for sale no matter how early or far into the game that you are. There are also only a few of each weapon and outfit type. This game could use proper RPG selections of both, with semi-randomized stats. Relying on modifying weapons to make them more powerful just isn't as fun as discovering, say, a legendary bow with great base stats. Finally, I'm not so fond of the linear action sequences that are part of the main quest and contrast so sharply with the open world, but there aren't too many of those.

Despite those criticisms, the game is still mostly fun, which I'm pleasantly surprised by. I'll certainly finish it and am interested in playing Forbidden West eventually.
That just sounds like your typical modern open world game and is exactly why I hate open world games these days. Every time I play an open world game it's like "Here's all the freedom in the world! You can do anything and approach things however you want! Oh, I see you'd like to start a story mission, enjoy this long corridor with the illusion of freedom!"

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I started playing Unicorn Overlord which fully got clicked on by me because of the title. My gosh that title does not do it justice. Great game in the same vein as Fire Emblem or Triangle Strategy. Little bit different battle style but good game.
I may check this one out in a few months time. Great that the game is better than it's title lol.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I may check this one out in a few months time. Great that the game is better than it's title lol.
It’s got a demo that I would suggest downloading first. Not the same combat (basically you put your units in groups and they fight together not a grid either but definitely a tactical game) but definitely gives you similar storylines and similar recruiting stuff.

Reactions: robertmac43

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That just sounds like your typical modern open world game and is exactly why I hate open world games these days. Every time I play an open world game it's like "Here's all the freedom in the world! You can do anything and approach things however you want! Oh, I see you'd like to start a story mission, enjoy this long corridor with the illusion of freedom!"
Yeah, it's disappointing and frustrating when games suddenly take a lot of your freedom away to tell their stories. One recent open world game that I felt didn't do that is Grounded. I didn't hesitate to undertake the story missions in that because they felt like other missions and extensions of the main gameplay. Obsidian is really good at blending its open world and story together, going back to Fallout: New Vegas. Games like those are open world games really done right, IMO. Most developers aren't as good as Obsidian, though.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Downloading Dishonored on the Deck. Excited to finally play this game.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It’s got a demo that I would suggest downloading first. Not the same combat (basically you put your units in groups and they fight together not a grid either but definitely a tactical game) but definitely gives you similar storylines and similar recruiting stuff.
Looks like it's console only and not PC (eventually I'd hope?), but at a glance it looks like it might be more Ogre Battle than Fire Emblem?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Almost finished with Sekiro, but took a break to restart Red Dead Redemption 2. First time I played RDR2, I think I had the wrong mindset. I was in a period of time where I was playing a bunch of soulslikes and metroidvanias. So the slow pace was really pissing me off.

After playing Kingdom Come Deliverance however, I wanted a more relaxed game with immersion. but in another time period. I think with this mindset, I'm fully enjoying RDR2 this time around. I was very hard on it in my first review, but I fully admit I'm appreciating it a lot more now.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Almost finished with Sekiro, but took a break to restart Red Dead Redemption 2. First time I played RDR2, I think I had the wrong mindset. I was in a period of time where I was playing a bunch of soulslikes and metroidvanias. So the slow pace was really pissing me off.

After playing Kingdom Come Deliverance however, I wanted a more relaxed game with immersion. but in another time period. I think with this mindset, I'm fully enjoying RDR2 this time around. I was very hard on it in my first review, but I fully admit I'm appreciating it a lot more now.
I wasn't a fan of RDR2 my first 2 times trying to play. Then it clicked on the 3rd attempt and it's one of my favorite game of all time

Reactions: flyersnorth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad