Games left: Division-updated 4.25

IronLion

Jan 14, 2021
cbssports.com standings drive me crazy. Even with the division lead and games in hand versus both rivals (and at least as favorable a schedule now) they still have us 3rd in order of percentage of winning the division. Makes no sense.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
cbssports.com standings drive me crazy. Even with the division lead and games in hand versus both rivals (and at least as favorable a schedule now) they still have us 3rd in order of percentage of winning the division. Makes no sense.
If we clench first we'll still be third :P so just live and let die..

or

Reactions: DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
On one hand, Chicago being out of it by the time the Canes play would be huge.

On the other, Chicago winning means beating TB and Florida, which moves closer to wrapping up the division.

So I'm a bit conflicted here. Think I'd rather have Chicago win and push Tampa and Florida further back.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
On one hand, Chicago being out of it by the time the Canes play would be huge.

On the other, Chicago winning means beating TB and Florida, which moves closer to wrapping up the division.

So I'm a bit conflicted here. Think I'd rather have Chicago win and push Tampa and Florida further back.
IMO I'm full Chicago winning there. The President's Trophy is still within reach but it's going to be an uphill fight to even sniff unless Colorado and Vegas play eachother a few more times.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
IMO I'm full Chicago winning there. The President's Trophy is still within reach but it's going to be an uphill fight to even sniff unless Colorado and Vegas play eachother a few more times.

2 more in Vegas, but the priories for me are the division and getting players healthy. Chicago beating Florida and Tampa gets closer to both.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021

Colorado is missing so many key players due to injuries/Covid at the moment that I doubt they are contending for President's Trophy for the rest of the season. President's Trophy is probably going to be decided between Golden Knights and Canes with Knights having the edge at the moment.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
we no longer have a game in hand on Tampa.. so we just need to make our 3 points last.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
we no longer have a game in hand on Tampa.. so we just need to make our 3 points last.
The next few games are going to be interesting.

Detroit, Columbus, and Chicago have all been dealt pretty demoralizing personnel losses over the last few days. Columbus looks to be just waiting for the end of the year to be done with everything, Chicago is going to be coming to grips with being too far out of it to make it, and Detroit... well, we have to beat them eventually, right?

At the same time, Tampa will be playing 3 against a very desperate Dallas team that needs every point they can get to keep pace with Nashville, who themselves get a nice couple pad the points games against Columbus.

Meanwhile, Florida has 2 games against Chicago before finishing with that same desperate Dallas and then their series against Tampa

While it looks like we are in for a dogfight the rest of the way, the reality could be that we've already kept them at enough of an arms length for us to be relatively safe. We have a 5 game homestand coming up against teams that will not make the playoffs. 6 points out of this homestand could conceivably be enough to keep us in 1st until the end.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Saturday starts the end of season madness with Dallas and Nashville squaring off the for the last playoff spot.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
So 4-2-0 or 3-2-1 locks 1st in Central?
I would say so. 7 points out of the final 12 would mean tampa could lose just 2 points of the final 12 to tie us. They would get it with the RW tie breaker. Possible but difficult especially since they finish with Florida.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad