GDT: Games 46: Sharks vs. Ducks 7:00pm NBCSCA

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
This is the kind of game you have to win, tank or no. This is a game you win for your captain and for each other and it builds culture and brings the players together.

This is the kind of game you have to win, tank or no. This is a game you win for your captain and for each other and it builds culture and brings the players together

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
All of their good players except Terry, McT and Carlsson were injured.
Who exactly are we calling their “good players”, Zegras and who? If their team is that affected by a rookie defenseman being out, that’s telling how much of a dumpster fire the team is.

The Ducks are frankly pathetic… they have three “#1C” types and their fans whine and complain that they “deserve Celebrini”. No, you have drafted literally three #1C prospects (plus you traded for Gauthier who is technically a C) and are still in the running for Celebrini, that’s just pathetic.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Who exactly are we calling their “good players”, Zegras and who? If their team is that affected by a rookie defenseman being out, that’s telling how much of a dumpster fire the team is.

The Ducks are frankly pathetic… they have three “#1C” types and their fans whine and complain that they “deserve Celebrini”. No, you have drafted literally three #1C prospects (plus you traded for Gauthier who is technically a C) and are still in the running for Celebrini, that’s just pathetic.
I was thinking of Mintyukov, Zegras and Killorn but yeah it's not pretty

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I was thinking of Mintyukov, Zegras and Killorn but yeah it's not pretty
Ha, yeah that’s kinda my point. Insane to have drafted as much talent as the Ducks have over the last five years and built absolutely nothing around it. And Gibson is so cooked at this point he neither helps the team nor has any trade value.

YUPPY

Oct 5, 2020
A win hear and there is fine, just don't make a habit of it.

Tonight was definitely the night for it, Cap is back and they were hosting a sick kid, nothing wrong with a little win as long as it is followed by some L's.
I'd prefer some long L's and short W's.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Yeah, you would think that with 4 exciting young forwards (with Gauthier on the way) like that + some solid vets in Killorn, Vatrano, Strome, and Henrique + a legit top-pairing defenseman in Mintyukov, that would a fun team to watch. Good example of what not to do as the Sharks continue to rebuild over the next couple seasons...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
1st thought: Why??????!
2nd thought: Of course. Nothing about this team surprises me anymore
3rd thought: I blame this win on the GM for not trading Hertl early just like I blame last year's poor tank job on the GM for not trading their prized defenseman only to get meager returns for waiting it out. We'll likely get poor returns for Hertl at end of season, again.
They aren’t trading Hertl with that albatross of a contract lol

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
This is the kind of game you have to win, tank or no. This is a game you win for your captain and for each other and it builds culture and brings the players together.

This is the kind of game you have to win, tank or no. This is a game you win for your captain and for each other and it builds culture and brings the players together
It's gonna do good for the locker room good for the locker room.
*adjust tie*

Reactions: Jargon

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Don't you put that evil on us.

Almost made this comment in another thread… that is my fear

tumblr_pse9a98aul1x7gmzzo7_400.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad