Gamecenter Live

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I have major concerns of HS, considering its not really a completely legit service. There alive still because they "operate outside of the NHL's legal jurisdiction"

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I'd love to think that $200 is going to see a plummet in subscribers but there will always be people who buy it even if they were charged $500 for GameCentre. I'm going with Hockeystreams this year as well. $200 is just way too much.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
I gave them my money a couple years ago only to be blacked out most of the time. Never again, even if Rogers fixes that.

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
I gave them my money a couple years ago only to be blacked out most of the time. Never again, even if Rogers fixes that.

I agree with this

Subscribing to a VPN service fixed that issue, but caused more of a hassle after paying that much..

It sounds like it will be more of the same thing from them this year with a steeper price

"7. How do regional blackouts of games affect my experience?
Most English-language NHL regular and post-season games are available on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. However, there are certain regular season games that are subject to certain blackouts, which we are unable to stream." from http://www.rogers.com/web/support/nhl/gamecenter-live/1

Now I'm curious to what they mean by "certain" regular season games. Like our Battle of Alberta or Oilers vs. Canuck games?

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I'm in BC so the blackout isn't an issue for me

Howz the Quality one vs the other?
I always figured that HS was just linking over to the free streams (which are junk)

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Being blacked out for a games only in my region was so frustrating. Surprised my computer survived a few occasions.

HS is crystal clear, man.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
I'm in BC and subscribe to NHL Centre Ice through my TV provider (Bell Sat TV) and I get a whole year's subscription to NHL Gamecentre Live included free. I hope it's still available this year from Bell Sat TV. I need to be able to stream games on my drive home from work. I don't text/talk and drive but I stream/watch and drive.

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I agree with this

Subscribing to a VPN service fixed that issue, but caused more of a hassle after paying that much..

It sounds like it will be more of the same thing from them this year with a steeper price

"7. How do regional blackouts of games affect my experience?
Most English-language NHL regular and post-season games are available on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVEâ„¢. However, there are certain regular season games that are subject to certain blackouts, which we are unable to stream." from http://www.rogers.com/web/support/nhl/gamecenter-live/1

Now I'm curious to what they mean by "certain" regular season games. Like our Battle of Alberta or Oilers vs. Canuck games?

I did this just so I wouldn't be stuck with Netflix Canada. Really frustrating if I leave my house and a game is blacked out

OilNation

Aug 26, 2014
I did this just so I wouldn't be stuck with Netflix Canada. Really frustrating if I leave my house and a game is blacked out

Yeah I hear you there:cry: I am pretty tech savvy so I did find ways around it but, honestly not worth it.

I have done but Game Center and HS and quality wise they are the same if not better (for HS), the no blackouts and the cheaper price will win every day in my books. About to sign up for another year myself :yo:

FOR ANYONE THINKING ABOUT HS - September 13 is the deadline for the 1 year early bird special

Its $99 for the year vs. the $109

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Hockeystreams FTW.

Works well most of the time on iOS. Much better on Chrome on the laptop.

Any tips for finding the best stream? Sometimes last year I'd find that switching the region feed helped a bit. Sometimes the site just didn't want to play nice. But overall, it's a decent experience and great value.

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
Signed up for Hockeystreams this week, will never give another dime of my money to gamecenter.

fysloc

Dec 23, 2011
Is there a free trial or something for Hockeystreams? Wish to know how well it works before buying it.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Is there a free trial or something for Hockeystreams? Wish to know how well it works before buying it.

You can try for a week for $13.00.

They have junior games, every NHL game, highlights, condensed games.

And I've very rarely been disappointed with the feed, whether it's through firefox, iOS or Android. Sometimes I have cut to the regular feed from HD, but I expect that's probably more a problem with Shaw than HS.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
I'm in BC so the blackout isn't an issue for me

Howz the Quality one vs the other?
I always figured that HS was just linking over to the free streams (which are junk)

If you don't have cable in BC, like me, don't forget Van VS Edm games... several of those blacked me out.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I as well will be giving my business to HS.

AHL/CHL access is cool. I will enjoy watching Barons games this year. I might decide to pay month to month even though its a little more expensive. I have apprehensions that this site will be targeted by the government or Rogers if a large number of the clientele switches over. I don't want to pay up front and lose my money if the site gets shut down or blocked from Canadian IPs.

I also have apprehensions that if a larger number of users are trying to access games at the same time that the connectivity and/or quality of the streams will be affected.

20$ a month isn't a huge risk. I still come out ahead over Roger$.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
You can try for a week for $13.00.

They have junior games, every NHL game, highlights, condensed games.

And I've very rarely been disappointed with the feed, whether it's through firefox, iOS or Android. Sometimes I have cut to the regular feed from HD, but I expect that's probably more a problem with Shaw than HS.

Not only do you get the listed above, but they also showed almost all important sports games around the world like FIFA World Cup, Olympics, WWE PPV, SuperBowl, etc.

But don't expect it to always be there as it's dependant on if hockeystreams.com has the sporting event or not. But your at LEAST guaranteed the quoted above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad