GDT: Game7: Leafs @ Boston: Don't Tell me About Heart & Determination. This is Incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
<<-- play that when reading.

Previously in Leafs Nation

there were a BUNCH of people. who said we weren't going to force a game seven. that we weren't going to even win game five or game six. that it wasn't done. and I am so. upset. that for one brief moment (though albeit i was suffering from overtime loss depression - real affliction, look it up) that I thought of that. (hardest hour of my life).

I am damned thankful that we lost 3 games. Each loss we've learned something.

Game 1: we learned that the Playoffs are TOTALLY different. (you can "SAY" it. but "PLAYING" it a horse of a different colour).

Game 2: the boys learned they can play against the Bruins, and win.

Game 3: the boys learned that you can't stop playing, and that the better team can sometimes lose, and you have to keep on pressing.

Game 4: we learned that you need to take chances, and it can burn you.

Game 5: we learned that we can overcome adversity.

Game 6: we showed the NHL you don't mess with us, and you don't count us out.

Since game 2 - this series has been less about Boston and more about the Leafs. Not just - "oh the Leafs turnovers, the Leafs "shaky goaltender", "Leafs bad D" - but how the Leafs can learn and grow. Every period, they get better and better. The periods flip back and forth between the teams, but the Leafs aren't freaking out anymore. We saw them grow up.

I've been saying since we clinched the playoffs we have to have mustard seed faith. We need to have faith that can move mountains, and move us into the 2nd round. And we had NOTHING going for us in Game 1. And now look. Game 7

(sorry. I have to stop and wipe my eyes. Dust. You know).

Meaning behind the Quote in the title:

2002-2003 Leafs team were in a BATTLE. they went through war against the Islanders (Cujo hurt his hand). then they played Ottawa and lost Sundin, Tucker, and were just banged up. And then we were not playing so hot against Carolina. Mats came back, and in our elimination game, we were down and then we scored. with like 12 seconds left.

Joe Bowen, practically crying (along with like me, and the rest of leafs nation) quoted above. This team has got heart. this team has got determination.

Some Memorable Game Sevens in Leafs History

People Stepping Up at the right Time

By game 3 we hadn't had any defensive scoring at all. Since I pointed that out, we've had a lot of defensive scoring: Gardiner (2), Franson (1) Phaneuf (1) plus a lot of points.

JVR, though no goals since game 2, has been continuing to be a playoff beast: Expect him to have a huge game seven

Clarke MacArthur: 2 huge goals (game tying/game winner) in two of 3 games he played. He's been playing amazingly in both zones.

"Silent' Jay McClemment: Doing his job every night in the PK.

Jake "Houdini" Gardiner: He's playing more minutes than Phaneuf, and he is crazy solid out there.

..."And then A Hero Comes Along"

These Two.

nazemkadri_4057-430x298.jpg

mikhailgrabovski.jpg

Will come out huge. Kadri's been pushing and pushing and pushing for it, and he nearly had that goal (Dion tipped it). I think that's what he needed. With the way Grabo's been doing all season (taking all the hard hits, his incredible (Berezin) speed), it's going to crack open. He's going to score.

We need to watch out for these two:

seguin.jpg

bergeron_patrice_mouthopen-1.jpg

they have been scary quiet the entire series, and Reimer has robbed Bergeron twice. Once again - like I said last night, it's going to be more "who cracks first" Who will score first, who will be the difference maker, who will be the hero?

Our Difference Maker

reims.jpg

This guy right here. 4 games in, all it was "he wasn't stealing games" "he wasn't outplaying Rask" Well he's on fire now. When James is on. it's on: Leafs Nation it's time to Roll Out!

Activate:

5600436572_0657e42198_o.jpg

How the :leafs will win game seven

A: Believe that they can. This is the 48th team in history to come back from a 3-1 deficit. This is a team that's come back from a 3-1 deficit against a team that "owned" them.

B: Determine your game, and make Boston play it. They can't handle the speed. They can't handle the cycle game when it's clicking. Target Jagr (he's hogging the puck, and won't pass it. force him to make mistakes). Hammer Redden and Chara over and over again.

C: Don't Ice, Unless you have to: If Bozak isn't playing, you know we're behind the eight ball in that regard. Limit faceoffs in our zone

D: Even if we let them score first - know that you can come back. (this goes back to A).

E: Capitalize on the powerplay, be beasts on the penalty kill: this is what has been the turning point of the entire series, in my opinion.

Potential Lineups:

for the :leafs I'm going to assume if Bozak is out - the lineup stays the same.
for the :bruins: Ferrence could be in (if flu is over), but if not, I am going to assume that it will stay the same. I'll be at work w/no internet access, so Hurt/Leafs Rocket, change when you know.

I know we've been saying "regardless if they win or lose, we're proud." I don't want to hear that. We're Not going to lose. I believe we're going to win. I feel it in my soul. But Leafs. Seriously, this is why I'm a fan. Sure, I could be a fan of a team that makes it look easy. That plays "pretty hockey." but what fun is that? Half the fun/frustration of this team is the bipolar play, but when it gets time to get down and be serious: they come to play.

Gentlemen, it is an honour being a fan, and watching you play.

Dear
bostonlogo.jpg
It's us.
TorontoMapleLeafsFlag.jpg

We're coming back to your arena. That you've aptly named Toronto Dominion Gardens. (Hello.) We've
burntheboat.jpg
You better be ready. We are.

I've been asking you guys all series this question:

Do you? Can you? Should you?

Let me answer it for you:

Yes-Man.jpg

And as I've always ended my GDT's..

302938_10151603631335199_1421946865_n.jpg

Believe in Miracles, you Sexy Things.

Last edited:

TheDream

May 3, 2011
Ontario
GO LEAFS! No matter what happens tmr night I can say that this team exceeded all expectations set by many at the beginning of the season. We got the momentum in our favour, keep it going.

:leafs

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
This is awesome! Great work yet again daisy!

Btw....to some specific readers/posters who were killing on kessel. Ahem:
Can't play under carlyle system and score? 20 goals and PPG+. Won't show up against his former team and fold in playoffs? 3 goals 1 assists, 2 GWG.

Dion's Captaincy questioned? @mirtle
JVR: "We know what Dion brings in this room. We love having him on our team. He’s a huge part of our team, a great leader, a great player."

Serious talks aside:
Leo Komarov ‏@CorporalKomarov 17m
komrades, nyet i am of any and/or all responsibility in malfunction of Beanville aircraft or dismantle of air/oil separator. that is all.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
holy **** bro , nice gdt got my adrenaline pumping. feel like im overdosed on pre workout. Game 7, lay it all on the line. Burn the ****ing boats

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
:towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

Let's go Leafs! It will take an incredible 3 wins in Boston to pull this off. That would be amazing.

1 Game..

1 Game.

P.S. Nice GDT Daisy. Thanks for making these. One of the best GDT's ever. I gotta say.

stish

So is flying on the same day of a game really that much harder on the body? Anyone have personal experience with this?

Penalty Kill Icing*

1 game. 1 win. 1 more round.

Lets do this Leafs. After 9 years, time to prove Chara again (from Ottawa days), why regular season domination is flushed down the drain when you face the Leafs in playoffs.

Just win. Go Leafs Go. :yo:

Tonight, Leafs stay in Boston; and Bruins stay in Toronto.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I remember a thread the other day about how the only "realistic" outcome was us not winning the series. Suddenly seems a lot more "realistic" to me. Go Leafs !

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I hope this is the end of all the "just happy to be here - don't care if they win or lose tommorrow" posts.

that's BS.

Have some higher expectations for this team. The Leafs are a good team, and they can beat this Bruins team.

Anything less is a dissappointment.

Penalty Kill Icing*

A special post for Daisy Joy: You are one of the few people who maintained great spirits through highs and lows in the series. Who says you need to be creative to make a GDT? Sometimes, passion does it all. And don't tell me that Leafs don't care about the passion of the fans; because the players themselves indicated otherwise (re: fans with umbrella outside ACC for Game 5).

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Whatever happens, I am at peace.

Respect restored.
Yup. This team has gone above and beyond all expectations this season.

That being said... huge game tomorrow and hope they give it everything they've got. Next round is only one win away.

Kiotzu

Dec 6, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I'm so proud of this team and would still be proud of the growth even if they lost tommorow. That being said, I feel in my soul that we will prevail.

BURN THE ****ING BOATS!!!

Prove to the hockey world that you can no longer call you the Toronto Maple Laughs, prove that you are different from years prior.

GO LEAFS GO

:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Good morning.

In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind ... that should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. But not from tyranny, or oppression, or persecution - but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live - to exist. And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday. But as a day when the world declared in one voice, "we will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're gonna live on, we're gonna survive - today we celebrate our Independence Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad