Mar 12, 2010
- I am now 1-5 on the season for games I attend
- I still have so many games left with my season tickets
- I am clearly cursed
- DOC and Nylander - Useless

+Jarry - Played a pretty great game

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Win five in a row, lose 3 out 4. Would not be surprised to go 41-41.
Yeah, We’ll be in the bottom three of the Metro with about a .500 record as we are now…I don’t see anything changing…hopefully we sell off Jake and whatever else we can, and maybe we can sink even lower in the standings and get a top 5 draft pick lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Coastal Kev

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Yeah, We’ll be in the bottom three of the Metro with about a .500 record as we are now…I don’t see anything changing…hopefully we sell off Jake and whatever else we can, and maybe we can sink even lower in the standing and get a top 5 draft pick lol
If they were smart, and clearly they're not, they would have traded Rust while he white hot. Convince him to waive his NMC for the good of the franchise.

It's so crazy how they parallel the Steelers, it's all about just doing enough to keep all of their friends around. Sad state of affairs.

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, We’ll be in the bottom three of the Metro with about a .500 record as we are now…I don’t see anything changing…hopefully we sell off Jake and whatever else we can, and maybe we can sink even lower in the standing and get a top 5 draft pick lol
Dire times.
:(

Reactions: Andy99

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Why do people want Reirden fired? It’s not the NFL where there is a specific guy that runs specific parts. I’m sure Sully is deeply involved in the PP.

I also feel like it’s sucked before Reirden.
Because Sid & Geno do what they want

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
My take...
+ Jarry: only reason they got 1. Having Ned hot on his a## is a good thing. Usually goalies respond to, or are motivated by competition.

+ Ludvig: I know he's a minor piece, but we need a predator. He's not quite there yet, but I'm hoping. I'm actually happy with this group of 6D. Infinitely better than last year.

+ Petts: he must be learning for EK. Who knew he had those moves. All good!

+ Guentzel: I was impressed he was moving his feet and creating out there. I was getting tired of him being a positional recipient for so many games.

+ PK is good! Keep it up :).

- Graves (small minus): not because of the goal. Stuff happens. More that he seemed to have forgotten (again) why he is here. To create space to let Letang do his thing, instead of the other away around.

- DOC/Nylander: They aren't top 6.

----- PP: sole reason for the loss. You can't go 0-5 with that PP squad. Either fire Reardon, and/or change the PP lineup completely.

I see hope with losing 1-0 to one of the best teams right now in the NHL. We had our chances in period 1, and a bounce our way was the difference. I think we would have owned Shesterkin, which is why they didn't put him against us ;).

What bugs me is I'm seeing too much "almost there" type of stuff like last season.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
No I am not & you rip Sullivan no matter how they played

False, I credited Sully early on in the season when we wrecked the Caps and Flames. And I acknowledge that he finally did a decent job changing some things when we went on the win streak.

You never give any credit to the people who carry this team, the core.

This teams relevance since 2005 is because of the core. Through each and every coaching change, the core has kept us competitive. It's worth a shot canning the coach and trying with the most successful core this franchise has ever had

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
False, I credited Sully early on in the season when we wrecked the Caps and Flames. And I acknowledge that he finally did a decent job changing some things when we went on the win streak.

You never give any credit to the people who carry this team, the core.

This teams relevance since 2005 is because of the core. Through each and every coaching change, the core has kept us competitive. It's worth a shot canning the coach and trying with the most successful core this franchise has ever had
I have Sud & Geno Jerseys/ I think they are Great, My thing is they can't carry the team like they used to because they are now mid 30's & I will not argue with you or anyone on Thanksgiving I hope you & yours have a Happy, Safe & Blessed Thanksgiving, we both love the Pens

That in itself is a coaching issue.
Name a Coach who is going to tell them to do something different, They got tired of MT being a Ballbuster & calling them team out

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
It's pretty crazy that they added Karlsson, Sid is scoring goals like it's 2010 and the power play is still absolute ass.

Two games against the Flyers and a trip to Florida in the beginning of December. Who know, it might be the time Dubas and the ownership finally have enough of Mr. Get to Our Game. An early Christmas present for the fans.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Name a Coach who is going to tell them to do something different, They got tired of MT being a Ballbuster & calling them team out

Gallant will tell them something different. Even a squish like Boudreau would still make SOME difference.

Who knows if the star players will listen. A new guy still might have an impact on the rest of the team.

The only 3 players still here from the Therrien days are 87, 71, & 58. They were children then, they're adults now. Perhaps they'd prefer winning to mediocrity, and might even be willing to play for a coach who demands a little accountability occasionally, even if it means they are a little less comfortable, cliche-ed and complacent.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Yeah, We’ll be in the bottom three of the Metro with about a .500 record as we are now…I don’t see anything changing…hopefully we sell off Jake and whatever else we can, and maybe we can sink even lower in the standings and get a top 5 draft pick lol
I wish we could fire Sullivan, since I do think we'd be able to compete with a different coach, but since we will not I'd rather sell off Jake and someone else and get at least two more first round picks, especially one for next year.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Gallant will tell them something different. Even a squish like Boudreau would still make SOME difference.

Who knows if the star players will listen. A new guy still might have an impact on the rest of the team.

The only 3 players still here from the Therrien days are 87, 71, & 58. They were children then, they're adults now. Perhaps they'd prefer winning to mediocrity, and might even be willing to play for a coach who demands a little accountability occasionally, even if it means they are a little less comfortable, cliche-ed and complacent.
so 2 guys who have been fired3 times & haven't won a SC

Last edited:

metalan2

May 30, 2008

Exactly. The new guy can literally just not play the same guys on the powerplay just because of their names. He can hold players accountable for their play, he can drastically change lines, and play a different system. It doesn't matter who the players are you treat them like they are subordinates.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I have Sud & Geno Jerseys/ I think they are Great, My thing is they can't carry the team like they used to because they are now mid 30's & I will not argue with you or anyone on Thanksgiving I hope you & yours have a Happy, Safe & Blessed Thanksgiving, we both love the Pens

Have a Happy Thanksgiving bud

Reactions: Josey Wales

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol…I hope he thinks/knows his job is on the line…

“The Pittsburgh Penguins made perhaps the biggest wrinkle yet on their struggling power play, separating centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin on their two units at practice Thursday at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex.

Crosby was on the top unit, along with Erik Karlsson, Jake Guentzel, Vinnie Hinostroza and, at the net front, Radim Zohorna.

Malkin was on the second unit with Kris Letang, Reilly Smith, Alex Nylander and, at the net front, Jeff Carter.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad