Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Letangs Hair

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
EK has 30 goals in his last 96 games. It's like peak Mike Green but a better skater, passer, and stickhandler. A few years ago I never thought he would have a resurgence like he's had but it just goes to show how integral health is. He is also playing pretty smart hockey right now - making good decisions when to pinch and not, or join/lead the rush or not. But his goal showed how smart offensively he is, and how his wandering isn't usually purposeless. Malkin, Pettersson, and Smith were all shifting to the right when he was on the right wall, so the logical play is to shift over to the left for spacing. II don't think I've ever seen him drop to one knee for a one-timer before.

I think half of Geno's problems last night was just not being strong enough with the puck - a soft BH pass, trying to be too cute with deking. I'm sure Sullivan has to remind him sometimes that he's built like a bull and he should be playing like it. He has stolen quite a few pucks this season so he hasn't just been offense only.

Sid probably is still underappreciated. In terms of overall game he still has a great argument for best in the world. He and Karl both have such elite vision that they will connect many more times from here to April and hopefully beyond.

PS Pettersson is a beast. The pairings make sense. Put the overall defensive stalwart with the big offensive guy and put the defensively solid two way stud with the defender that can kind of be a trainwreck at times. To be fair, Karl is doing his job defensively well most of the time too.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Is there a good clip of the full sequence for the Karlsson goal from Malkin? Kinda want to see how the buildup played out.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
At 6:00 here, sorry I don't really know how to start YT videos at specific time from my phone

I don’t wanna start shit, but right before malkin makes the cross ice pass, EK gives him a cross ice pass himself… if that’s Tanger instead of EL, jarry is fishing the puck out of his net after a 2-on-0 breakaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad