Game Winning Goal on Delayed Penalty Empty Net?

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
So let's say the score is tied 0-0. Delayed penalty, Goalie gets to bench extra attacker is on, minute or so later goalie's team make a blind pass and puts it into their own net.

Game ends 1-0. Does the Goalie get a loss in their career stats? Do they get a shutout in their stats?

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
So let's say the score is tied 0-0. Delayed penalty, Goalie gets to bench extra attacker is on, minute or so later goalie's team make a blind pass and puts it into their own net.

Game ends 1-0. Does the Goalie get a loss in their career stats? Do they get a shutout in their stats?
If the team lost the game, the goaltender lost too. Why is this so confusing for you?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Goalie would get a loss. No shutout.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
If the team lost the game, the goaltender lost too. Why is this so confusing for you?

Wasn't his goal though. Just like if your team is losing 4-0 they change goalies and make it 4-4 then new Goalie gives up 5th and the "team" loses 5-4. The second Goalie gets loss, not first goalie.

So if Goalie is not in the net for the goal stats wise does he get the L? And he also has a perfect save percentage so does he get shutout?

Any instances of this actually occurring ever?

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
The goalie will get a loss. This has happened before and the following link provides context:

'Canes goalie Murphy makes weird history

I doubt this has happened in a 0-0 situation so its likely just speculation unless specifically stated in the rulebook. The furthest I could get is a 0-1 shootout loss still counts as a Shutout for both teams so a shutout can still be awarded in a loss.
( link for one of the many times this has happened: Both goalies get shutouts as Sharks top Wings - Sportsnet.ca )

Reactions: Garavar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad