GDT: Game Whatever: Vancouver Canuck Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7PM | No more Demko nightmares please

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Hmm no it wasn't Shipachyov. Shipachyov was the guy who didn't want to come over. The guy I'm thinking of is more recent. I remember it was a guy who was really lighting it up in the KHL.

He played 3 games with Vegas & they mutually agreed to terminate his contract when he refused an AHL assignment. He went right back to the KHL

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Shipachyov came over but you're thinking of Gusev

Ah yes Gusev is the one. Oh looking at his stats now surprised he didn't play here. I thought I recall him scoring a goal against the Sharks during the playoffs but that's wrong.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I can’t wait to see Eichel in this line up. If this team is healthy for the playoffs I really think they can win it this year. A true #1C was needed on this team and they got one of the best. We now have the 1C, 1D, and depth to go with it. Lehner just needs to be solid enough come playoffs.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Was at the game. Thoughts:

I'm actually warming a bit to Lehner. Thought he kicked out the third goal too far leading to a tap-in, but he's been very solid for 4 games.

Pietrangelo is an absolute stud. We may pay for him on the back end of his contract, but for now he's worth every penny and more.

Really starting to like Dadanov, even before he scored he was the best forward on the ice.

Stone looked rusty but he got better as the game wore on.

All the injuries have really helped Hague. He's improved markedly. Playing with Petro obviously helps, but then again, he's playing the other teams top lines now.

Janmark and Koleslaw add very little, particularly the former. If we have at some point to shed salary, can we get rid of Janmark?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ah yes Gusev is the one. Oh looking at his stats now surprised he didn't play here. I thought I recall him scoring a goal against the Sharks during the playoffs but that's wrong.
I think what you recall is a lot of people saying if Gusev joined Vegas before the series it would be a huge problem for San Jose.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think what you recall is a lot of people saying if Gusev joined Vegas before the series it would be a huge problem for San Jose.

Yup, what I recall is that a few Sharks fans were saying that Gusev would destroy us and the Knights would win the series handily once he started playing.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Was at the game. Thoughts:

I'm actually warming a bit to Lehner. Thought he kicked out the third goal too far leading to a tap-in, but he's been very solid for 4 games.

Pietrangelo is an absolute stud. We may pay for him on the back end of his contract, but for now he's worth every penny and more.

Really starting to like Dadanov, even before he scored he was the best forward on the ice.

Stone looked rusty but he got better as the game wore on.

All the injuries have really helped Hague. He's improved markedly. Playing with Petro obviously helps, but then again, he's playing the other teams top lines now.

Janmark and Koleslaw add very little, particularly the former. If we have at some point to shed salary, can we get rid of Janmark?

The second we can get Janmark 3 goals in five games or 4 in seven or something they should be looking for a trade partner. It just hasn't worked here.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
GG saw him practice for 5 minutes and correctly evaluated he would be a drag on the team. Too slow and a total floater. The kind of player that can look good because of his hand skills etc. but makes every player on the ice with him have to compensate for him and they resent it. One of the last players I'd ever want.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
GG saw him practice for 5 minutes and correctly evaluated he would be a drag on the team. Too slow and a total floater. The kind of player that can look good because of his hand skills etc. but makes every player on the ice with him have to compensate for him and they resent it. One of the last players I'd ever want.

I'm glad I was wrong about him. They turned Gusev into Cormier, Chayka & Demek.

(3rd round 2020, 2nd round - traded to Detroit for 38OA & 128OA).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad