GDT: Game VIII: Avs @ Lightning | 5 PM MT | 19 October, 2019

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
I've written this one off.
Avs have yet to lose in regulation and got off to a great start on this road trip. But going into Tampa on the wrong end of a back-to-back is a tall order.
Obviously I hope they get the win, but I'll be happy just to see them play well.
Maybe this is what they need to really get them going. Playing against top team hopefully gets them to focus on playing 60 minutes of strong hockey.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Z and Frankie got this game for us!

If we can escape the first with no damage or a tie, can possibly squeeze out a point.

Mitchgou

Nov 14, 2018
Gru is the only reason we are 6-0-1. I hope we start playing better on the defensive side of the ice, this can get really ugly when he cools off.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't want to alarm anyone but I'm going to miss most of this game. Going to Magness to check out Newhook/Helleson tonight.

I have faith that you guys will still have a strong GDT without me.
Please let us know how Helleson looks. I need to find out what the hell it is about this kid that made him worthy of a 2nd round pick. He was the least productive player on his entire team last year. Unless he’s Vlasic defensively this seems like such a bad pick and my Siemens/Anderson flashbacks don’t help.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
This is the beginning of a downward spiral. They've built up a nice cushion but they'll be a 0.500 team by Thanksgiving.

MacK and Landy are going to be colder than one of my tinder dates when they meet me and figure out I rounded up from 5 ft 11.25 in.

Rantanen will continue to put up points despite giving the puck 3 times a shift.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man this would be huge if we can pull of a W but this will be the toughest game of the year I think. Bolts on the 2nd night of a B2B in Tampa is rough.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not expecting to win this one.

Hope it doesn't turn out like last year when we got blown out in Tampa and all the problems started after that game. Before the Tampa game we were enjoying success but the team wasn't playing well. Exactly like now.

Reactions: Hornstar

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Drinking a licorice flavor energy drink mixed with vodka. (Which is the most Finnish drink after ketchup.)

Me during the game on HF:

giphy.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Like most of you, I also dont have a good feeling about this one being a back to back game against a team like Tampa. One good thing is that the travel isnt bad from Sunrise to Tampa I guess. What is it, only a 30 minute flight?

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Please let us know how Helleson looks. I need to find out what the hell it is about this kid that made him worthy of a 2nd round pick. He was the least productive player on his entire team last year. Unless he’s Vlasic defensively this seems like such a bad pick and my Siemens/Anderson flashbacks don’t help.
You may or may not have seen my post on the Fla game thread but he was very disappointing last nigh IMO. Looked slow, tentative and overmatched. He has a ways to go.
Newhook looked really good, flashed several times, rang a shot off the post and outplayed Boldy while playing on a line as his wing.
I also thought Knight played well in the nets for BC. Looked smooth and very capable.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We'll I'm going to go against the grain and predict a win, this team is hard to stop and Tampa is looking a little bit hung over from getting embarrassed by Columbus last year. 4-2 Avs, Kadri with the ENG.

Reactions: Tweaky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad