Post-Game Talk: Game VII Pens win vs Avs: I dreamed a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
We won! We beat a good team. Jarry played great and got the shutout. The bottom six scored. Let’s just bask in this for a moment.

giphy.gif

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Lots to like in this game.

Fabulous performance from Jarry.

Third line was great.

Geno and Smith buzzing.

Depth d-men had a strong showing.

60 minute effort.

Guentzel looked good.

Sid sure needs to get going though, despite the goal.

Colorado comes at you in waves and the team did a good job frustrating them all night.

As an aside, pretty impressive to see the Avs pushing down to the last second of the game despite being down 4-0. We need to show that kind of competitiveness.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Avs generated more high danger chances - Pens had just 4 at 5 on 5 - but it seems like those chances were largely ones that Jarry could track. Couple above the line saves that I saw, too, tuning in late.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wild what happens when you play young talent over Ruhwedel and Carter...

Avs generated more high danger chances - Pens had just 4 at 5 on 5 - but it seems like those chances were largely ones that Jarry could track. Couple above the line saves that I saw, too, tuning in late.

Further proof that NST is f***ing trash when it comes to that type of metric.

Avs got worked.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Impressive performance…besides the obvious players,I’m giving a shout out to Sullivan, who I want gone in the biggest way…but he made a defensive adjustment for this game and, equally important, he rolled all four lines fairly equally and did not overuse Sid and G…kudos to him

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
++++ Sully WHAT

Play higher in our zone instead of being passive bitches, 4 - 0 shutout. Don't wuss out if we screw up big dog, this is the better system.

++ Whole third line
++ Smith
++ Letang
++ Jarry

Sid still with the weird brain fart turnovers in the first. Malkin didn't have his best game.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Longest road winning streak in NHL history snapped by the Pens with a 4-0 win over an offensive powerhouse. You know what happened? The Pens played with respect finally and they played defense first for the first time this season. They weren´t playing that uneffective quasi offensive style. They packed the defensive zone and allowed zero odd man rushes, they sacrificed the bodies, they played full 60 minutes and they were opportunistic because they didn´t force offense but rather waited for their chances. This is the style that this old team absolutely needs to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad