GDT: | Game #VII | Pens vs Flames |1900hrs MST | Effort cant be worse than last night

If the over/under for goals was set at 8, which would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Then play POJ. they didnt need to play ruh tonight. Of all the defense POJ is the last one who needs a night off. Sit one of the old men.

I get what you are saying. Just frustrating to see Ruh come in and have a rough game like this as POJ is starting to improve each game.
"This team is looking tired and old. Let's sit the youngest legs on a back to back that's been playing above expectations"

-Sully (probably)

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
That's one thing sully is good for. He's good with no talent, he's not that good with high end talent. I wanted him fired, now I don't because the end is nigh for Crosby and Malkin era. Yea, I know that just signed contracts.
Pretty much my line of thinking. He knows how to get the best out of mediocre players.

Reactions: metalan2

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Then play POJ. they didnt need to play ruh tonight. Of all the defense POJ is the last one who needs a night off. Sit one of the old men.

I get what you are saying. Just frustrating to see Ruh come in and have a rough game like this as POJ is starting to improve each game.
I don't get it, but Sully hates POJ and will do everything to hinder his growth.

But keep playing Dumo, who is BY FAR our worst defenseman.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Poehling starting to fade. I would like to see more from him

A 4th liner isn't exactly gonna get a lot of ice time to turn it around in short order.

But Poehling is a decent player and good prospect. I like him a lot in the early going of this season.

Reactions: Trade

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Zucker didnt work on Genos wing either.....right ( people were hellbent on that)

And you are saying put Kap with Geno.....lol heads explode (which i would be fine with Kap there for the record)

Its one game, Carter who was our 2nd leading scoring last year is on Geno's wing for a game, we are missing not 1 but 2 top 6 guys.................., big deal.
Yeah, we'll see if it's 1 game..... doubt it

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The defense has looked decent this year.

Team defense has been awful the last four periods but whatever.

The defense is significantly improved, but swapping Matheson and Marino for Petry and Ruhwedel/POJ isn't going to take this team from a 1st round loser to a cup contender.
we are I think 29th or 30th so far in shots allowed, thats not recipe for any kind of success, I understand its a team defense, but these dman just can not make that first pass clean or to skate out with the puck to allow the game in the opposite direction, once they are pinned down its too late

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Tough when the team in front of you is playing uninspired hockey, Crosby included. Our stars are getting old, they’re not going to show up every night anymore.
I don't disagree with that. It's just nice when your goalie doesn't let in 2 out of 3 shots of a period is all.

No one gets a free pass here. Coach included.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To add, I've been very critical of POJ and think the decision to send Smith down to keep POJ up is a mistake. But he's been perfectly solid in a regular role and I don't get how Sullivan can justify scratching him. You might be able to justify it based on wanting to add a fresh body for a back to back game, but I'm pretty confident that's not the case here.

If you're not going to give POJ regular minutes, just move on from him and call up Smith. Ruhwedel shouldn't be playing regular minutes, especially not on his off-side. I will admit POJ's performance has made me want to see him more, but if they're scratching POJ for Ruhwedel, they need to just move on from POJ and get Smith up. If they won't give POJ an extended look, move on from him and give that look to Smith.

Reactions: Trade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad