Pre-Game Talk: Game Two - Mod WARNING Page 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The way he fell was to protect himself IMO. The the speed he was going that was the best way to have no pain. He risks serious injury if he goes into post or boards.

I don't think he had to necessarily fall the way he did. He was rushing the net alone, got tapped, was losing control of the puck, so he fell pretty easily hoping to sell a call, and crashed into the goal at the same time.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Its funny that he started falling just before the blue paint which is another 15-20 feet from where this happened...

What else is funny is that this poster.......MillerTime86.......started a thread on the Main board with this statement.......

"Let me first start by stating that I have no fan affiliation with either the Rangers nor the Habs. The opposite, in fact … I very much dislike both teams."

No, he isnt trolling the Habs board. No way.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There is one constant since the start of this thread. Recurring interventions by people outside our fanbase, are bringing the discussion back to Kreider.

Kreider is just one player, he was a factor in game 1 but it's not as if we need to re-engineer our game around him, nor for that matter, dramatically change the recipe that got us where we are.

I don't know about the rest of you but talking about Kreider doesn't explain how our team wasn't ready. We need to regroup and reload. If we don't have Price for any length of time, those are the cards we are dealt and it will just add to the adversity that any team faces in the playoffs, in one form or another, of great magnitude or not. That Kreider is the next Lucic (according to some people on the rags board) or that he is destined to a great career is highly irrelevant to us -- more power to them.

At this point, it's about focusing on the next game, one game at a time. The Rangers weren't as good as they showed and the Habs weren't as bad -- it's just one game.

I would rather hear about the type of lineup tweaks we could envisage -- the usual strategic stuff we've been used to discussing in past threads when we had letdown-type games.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Thats very good advice Gary, as this thread is inviting attention from an awful lot of Moderators with zero patience for those who rather than being Inclusive & discussing things civilly, enjoying, are more interested in Tribal Affairs & Exclusivity. :madfire:

I guess if a habs player carelessly run into Lundqvist and injures him in game #2, I can go on the rangers board and defend whoever ran him with a new account I'll have created for the occasion by being a blind homer too ? And it won't be considered trolling and my posts won't be deleted ? I'll be able to expect their fans to be inclusive and civil ? Please.

There is a time and a place to go on another team's board and discuss things in a civil manner. And to go on there to defend a player with a history of running opposing goalies recklessly right after he has taken out another team's starter is just really poor taste/timing.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You guys can come by anytime, just follow the rules. Sharing your opinion respectfully isn't trolling, and if anyone gives you a hard time, they'll be dealt with accordingly.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
You guys can come by anytime, just follow the rules. Sharing your opinion respectfully isn't trolling, and if anyone gives you a hard time, they'll be dealt with accordingly.

And to add to what Aufheben has said, please report anyone you believe to have violated the rules, but please do not respond.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There is one constant since the start of this thread. Recurring interventions by people outside our fanbase, are bringing the discussion back to Kreider.

Kreider is just one player, he was a factor in game 1 but it's not as if we need to re-engineer our game around him, nor for that matter, dramatically change the recipe that got us where we are.

I don't know about the rest of you but talking about Kreider doesn't explain how our team wasn't ready. We need to regroup and reload. If we don't have Price for any length of time, those are the cards we are dealt and it will just add to the adversity that any team faces in the playoffs, in one form or another, of great magnitude or not. That Kreider is the next Lucic (according to some people on the rags board) or that he is destined to a great career is highly irrelevant to us -- more power to them.

At this point, it's about focusing on the next game, one game at a time. The Rangers weren't as good as they showed and the Habs weren't as bad -- it's just one game.

I would rather hear about the type of lineup tweaks we could envisage -- the usual strategic stuff we've been used to discussing in past threads when we had letdown-type games.

Ya, Kreider didn't make our team completely suck. We were struggling before he crashed into Price. In all honesty though, it's not something I'm really surprised by.
Not that I thought it was going to happen, but if I made a poll before this series asking if people think it is a possibility for the Habs to look completely flat in Game 1 given the very emotional series they just went through, I'm sure a lot of people would have answered yes.

It wasn't just the players either, the media and fans went through it too. It wasn't before Game day that people were actually discussing the NYR. For the two previous days, it was more about how we beat the Bruins and Lucic's poor sportsmanship during handshake. It's kind of normal when you factor in the history between Mtl-Bos and how much hate both sides have towards one another. Having a day to celebrate the joy of eliminating guys like Lucic, Marchand, Thornton, Chara, Julien, Neely, the racist fans, Jack Edwards, and the whole freaking clique, is just not enough.

I know, you gotta keep moving forward, and I'm sure everybody will now after the bad wake up call.

We need to tighten up the middle and play smarter. I expect us to do so starting tomorrow and we'll look much better. I'll be a little more worried if we play like crap again tomorrow.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I guess if a habs player carelessly run into Lundqvist and injures him in game #2, I can go on the rangers board and defend whoever ran him with a new account I'll have created for the occasion by being a blind homer too ? And it won't be considered trolling and my posts won't be deleted ? I'll be able to expect their fans to be inclusive and civil ? Please.

There is a time and a place to go on another team's board and discuss things in a civil manner. And to go on there to defend a player with a history of running opposing goalies recklessly right after he has taken out another team's starter is just really poor taste/timing.

You mean like pulling out an accordion at a funeral & letting rip with a lively polka or whatever?.... No, not in the best of taste. And ya, player has a history of running goalies, Prices' status unclear, thing is, they were almost all expressing concern, distaste for the play, hoped he'd be good to go, remorse, compassion, empathy. And thats fair game. Better they'd just kept their heads down & stayed off of here altogether? Most did & do. But for some, they feel compelled to speak out. Fine line between Moderating & Censorship yes? We dont practice the latter round these parts. Savvy?

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
I didn't like Kreider going in with blades up to Price. Maybe I'm influenced by watching soccer, but I feel like the players have extreme responsibility not to lead with the damn KNIVES they're skating on.

Running the goalie is standard. Blade first isn't. Nobody touched him. Maybe it's an accident, I certainly can't claim to know otherwise. But my gut was he chose to go in feet first. And I thought the refs failed utterly in protecting the goalies at both ends, especially early. Worst reffed game habs have encountered for sure. Not that it made a difference in the outcome. Habs got spanked.

Yeah that is how I felt when I saw the play. He skated with his blades right at Price, I am not even sure i've seen a player do that before. :rant:

SwaneeRiver

May 17, 2014
Ya, Kreider didn't make our team completely suck. We were struggling before he crashed into Price. In all honesty though, it's not something I'm really surprised by.
Not that I thought it was going to happen, but if I made a poll before this series asking if people think it is a possibility for the Habs to look completely flat in Game 1 given the very emotional series they just went through, I'm sure a lot of people would have answered yes.

It wasn't just the players either, the media and fans went through it too. It wasn't before Game day that people were actually discussing the NYR. For the two previous days, it was more about how we beat the Bruins and Lucic's poor sportsmanship during handshake. It's kind of normal when you factor in the history between Mtl-Bos and how much hate both sides have towards one another. Having a day to celebrate the joy of eliminating guys like Lucic, Marchand, Thornton, Chara, Julien, Neely, the racist fans, Jack Edwards, and the whole freaking clique, is just not enough.

I know, you gotta keep moving forward, and I'm sure everybody will now after the bad wake up call.

We need to tighten up the middle and play smarter. I expect us to do so starting tomorrow and we'll look much better. I'll be a little more worried if we play like crap again tomorrow.

I suspect that game one has gotten Montreal's mind completely in the game now, and while obviously not ideal, the Price incident could prove to really rally the team going forward.

I would be shocked to see another blowout like in game 1, and expect the series to be very closely played from here on out. This is hockey though, so we all know that anything is possible, in the end.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You mean like pulling out an accordion at a funeral & letting rip with a lively polka or whatever?.... No, not in the best of taste. And ya, player has a history of running goalies, Prices' status unclear, thing is, they were almost all expressing concern, distaste for the play, hoped he'd be good to go, remorse, compassion, empathy.

They seemed more concerned for Kreider's reputation as an altar boy than Price's well being to me.

And thats fair game. Better they'd just kept their heads down & stayed off of here altogether?

When Subban cut Staal with his skate in the playoffs some years ago, I felt it was completely accidental but regardless of how I felt, I would have never gone on the pens boards to defend Subban in the face of what i considered to be baseless accusations because I knew damn well that nobody on there would have given a crap about my 100% homer opinion as a habs fan. If I had gone on there to defend Subban, it certainly wouldn't have been in the interest of "discussing" the matter.. the only motive in that situation is pouring salt on the wound.

And we've been told, time and time again, by our own moderators to avoid the other team's board after we've won. Countless times people have been banned from threads on the bruins forum after losses without having posted anything incendiary.

I guess it's ok if it's on the habs board though? I'm just trying to understand what's different now and what the fine print is.

Most did & do. But for some, they feel compelled to speak out.
Ah yes, for some reason..
MOD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad