GDT: Game Today? Devils @ BJs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't care if the games are meaningless. If the team and coaching staff aren't playing to win, then heads need to roll

Especially considering a lot of these players NEED to play well to actually assure themselves of being in the NHL.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We get killed when we try to play up tempo, so I'm not sure what people want them to do. Is it better to give up 3+ goals every night in a loss?

IMO yes. Absolutely. Because that is the game you want to teach them. Is having them learn turtle hockey going to benefit anything in the long run at all? At least if you continue to play the style you want to play when you have the players to do it, you can teach the few here now who might be able to play that system. You also weed out the ones who can't. I just don't understand what losing games playing a style you don't want to play long term accomplishes over losing games playing a style you do want to play long term.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
How many goals did we score tonight?

8wmkol.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What is the NHL record for a scoreless streak?

We haven't hit it yet

We went almost 3 whole games without scoring under Lemaire towards the end of the 10-11 season.

That was the team record.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They're interviewing Kinkaid and I hear Steve in the background.

I think he's giving the playoff update on the out of town scoreboard.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When did Palms score vs Boston?
How much time left in the 3rd?

I forget exactly, but it was the first half of the period.

Maybe we can score on Jared Smith in Denver, because why wouldn't you start your third or fourth string goalie against a team that's been shutout two games in a row and struggles to get 20 shots (Though that wasn't the case in this game) on a lot of night's in the past week?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They're interviewing Kinkaid and I hear Steve in the background.

I think he's giving the playoff update on the out of town scoreboard.

Steve has gotta be like "Come on guys, the fans aren't this stupid. They know we're cooked" in production meetings.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Steve has gotta be like "Come on guys, the fans aren't this stupid. They know we're cooked" in production meetings.

I can already see him giggling when they tell him to give the update

And the boss of production (whatever and whoever he is) guy gives him a stern look and says ''Problem, Cangi? What's so funny?''

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
And counting.

Could sink to a new bottom by losing to one of the worst teams in modern hockey. COL

can you lose to yourself though?

……… :laugh:

For all the bachelors out there tonight, yeah for anybody who's never whistled this song.
Maybe you whistled it but you lost the sheet music.
Um...this is um...well actually I don't mind going to weddings or anything,
as long as there not my own I show up.
But I've always kinda been partial to calling myself up on the phone and asking myself out, you know?
Oh yeah, you call yourself up too huh? Yeah, well one thing about it, your always around.
Yeah I know, yeah you ask yourself out, you know, some class joint somewhere.
The Buretto King or something, you know. Well I ain't cheap you know.
Take yourself out for a couple of drinks maybe.
Then there'd be some provocative conversation on the way home.
Park in front of the house you know.
Oh yeah, you smoothly put a little nice music on,
maybe you put on like uh, you know, like shopping music,
something thats not too interruptive you know and then uh slide over real nice and say
'Oh I think you have something in your eye'.
Well maybe it's not that romantic with you but Christ I don't know, you know I get into it you know.
Take myself up to the porch, take myself inside or maybe uh,
or may get a little something, a brandy snifter or something.
'Would like you like to listen to some of my back records?
I got something here' Uh Well usually about 2.30 in the morning you've ended up taking advantage of yourself.
There ain't no way around that you know. Yeah, making a scene with a magazine, there ain't no way around.
I'll confess you know, I'm no different you know. I'm not weird about it or anything, I don't tie myself up first.
I just kinda spend a little time with myself
So this is kind of a little anthem here.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Honestly, given the remaining schedule and the likelihood they don't win any more than 4 more games, I don't see Hynes making it to next season unless Shero cleans house of some "veterans". Henrique and Cammalleri would be the leading candidates. Moore isn't a veteran, but he needs to go also.

The team has mailed it in and major changes need to be made. Unfortunately, this rebuild is going to be longer than hoped.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, given the remaining schedule and the likelihood they don't win any more than 4 more games, I don't see Hynes making it to next season unless Shero cleans house of some "veterans". Henrique and Cammalleri would be the leading candidates. Moore isn't a veteran, but he needs to go also.

The team has mailed it in and major changes need to be made. Unfortunately, this rebuild is going to be longer than hoped.

I wouldn't bet on Hynes not making it to next season.

I can't really be too mad about the last two games or critique Hynes for these past two games, other than playing Cory in both back to back's this weekend, which wasn't really needed. It wasn't necessary at all.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm fine with tonight. Winning at this point only hurts. Overall they played a responsible hard working game. Just the execution and finish is nonexistent, thats the problem. Need more talent. Hope we win the lottery for the 1 or 2 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad