Game Summaries (12/19/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
There were six games of HFNHL action last night... here's how it went down...

Capitals 5, Bruins 2 - In a matchup of Easten Conference teams off to solid starts, Alexander Mogilny was the story in this contest. Mogilny notced a hat trick for his 6th, 7th, and 8th goals of the season. He is now tied for second in the league among goal scorers. Marty Turco had a poor outing for Boston, allowing all five goals on only 17 shots. Chris Osgood relieved him in the second period and ended up stopping all 16 shots he faced, but it was too late. Capitals' goaltender Patrick Lalime stopped 16 of the 18 shots he faced to earn the victory.

Thrashers 3, Leafs 4 - The suddenly hot Toronto Maple Leafs pulled out a one goal victory to earn their third consecutive victory after a 2-7 start. Brian Gionta scored the game winning goal mid-way through the third period of play. Tomas Vokoun stopped 26 of 29 shots for the win. The Thrashers have now lost four straight games.

Kings 1, Rangers 2 - The Rangers finished off a slim 2-1 win over the Kings on Monday night behind a stellar performance by goaltender David Aebischer. He faced 31 shots and stopped all but one. Marc Savard scored the game winner in the third period, his fourth of the season. Juraj Kolnik continued his unlikely hot play for New York with a goal and an assist. He leads the Rangers in scoring through the first 11 games of the season. Curtis Sanford started for Los Angeles as starter Mika Noronen continued to nurse a wrist injury. Noronen is expected to return for the Kings' next contest. Shane Corson left the game and is day-to-day with a groin injury.

Blackhawks 1, Flyers 2
Mike Fisher won the game for Philadelphia, scoring 3:19 into overtime, to give the Flyers the win. Both goaltenders played well, but veteran Dominik Hasek was stellar, stopping 35 out of 36 shots. Jocelyn Thibauly stopped 27 of 29 for Chicago. Jason Arnott scored the other goal for the Flyers and David Vyborny had the only score for Chicago.

Red Wings 1, Hurricanes 0
A great game to watch if you are into goaltending and defense, but an uneventful game otherwise for the crowd of only 6132 fans. Cory Sarich scored the lone goal in the first period. Jussi Markannen stopped every shot he faced for the shutout win in place of resting starter, Olaf Kolzig. The win as Detroit's third straight, improving their record to 6-2-3.

Blues 5, Panthers 1
The Blues had an all-around effort in this game with spread-around offensive production and solid goaltending to run their record to 8-2-1 for a league best 17 points. Steve Yzerman had three points and Peter Schaefer had two goals to lead St. Louis to the win. Vincent Lecavalier and Zdeno Chara also had two points apiece. Nikolai Khabibulin had an excellent game, stopping 29 of 30 shots faced. Panthers goaltender John Grahame didn't fare so well and was eventually pulled in the third peroid in favor of Ray Emery.

HFNHL Red Wings

I really shouldn't complain when I win but ...
... only 1-0 against the Hurricanes?!

Worst part is that my record of being outshot by my opponents every game this season was not broken. If you can't outshoot the Hurricanes who can you do it against? :dunno:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
HFNHL Red Wings said:
I really shouldn't complain when I win but ...
... only 1-0 against the Hurricanes?!

Worst part is that my record of being outshot by my opponents every game this season was not broken. If you can't outshoot the Hurricanes who can you do it against? :dunno:

I really take exception to that :shakehead :cry: :yo: . Drew, you know as well as anyone, this is probably the best team I've iced in a long time. :teach:

HFNHL Red Wings

HFNHL Red Wings said:

Apparently the answer to my question is I need to play against the Oilers but when I did outshot them (33-19) I lost 3-2! :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad