Post-Game Talk: GAME SIX SENS in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Loved that we added Burrows, Stalberg, Wingels and got Mac back. Huge to have depth and be able to roll four lines at this time of year. I thought our fourth line was very good tonight.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Did you notice that none of the Bruins fans that came in here to give you congrats are actually from Boston?

Nicely done BTW - looking forward to a good series

:laugh:

That was undoubtedly the most frustrating series of hockey I've ever watched. Team was completely bipolar. And it wasn't just having a rough period, it was completely unraveling in a 10 minute span during the game. I really, really don't want to see us make the change we have been when getting a lead. We play better when we press. No more sitting around and hoping to clog up the ice.

We need to stop taking our foot off the gas. We only had 1 game out of 6 where we never lost a lead. That is unacceptable, especially in the playoffs.

Brassard was our best Forward, which is great. Hoffman was a lightning rod, and Bobby came through big.

We need our other guys to produce. Stone and Turris need to be better if we want to win, Turris getting off the snide tonight was big.

Let's hope Karlsson/Stone can get healed up and then put our foot on the gas with the Rangers.

Frustrating? I enjoyed the series & wasn't frustrated at all, I expected two very good teams to fight tooth & nail & the Bruins were playing with so much adversity & the Sens had a number of good stories in their room, it was fabulous. Lots of ups & down, ebb & flow momentum & then losing it, that's the playoffs, it's why it's the best time of yr. Ottawa bent but didn't break & while it could have went either way, it went our way for a change. Fun to watch. I miss Boro though. :handclap:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
:laugh:

Frustrating? I enjoyed the series & wasn't frustrated at all, I expected two very good teams to fight tooth & nail & the Bruins were playing with so much adversity & the Sens had a number of good stories in their room, it was fabulous. Lots of ups & down, ebb & flow momentum & then losing it, that's the playoffs, it's why it's the best time of yr. Ottawa bent but didn't break & while it could have went either way, it went our way for a change. Fun to watch. I miss Boro though. :handclap:

Yes, frustrating.

It's one thing to lose leads in the playoffs. That happens, it's part of the game.

Then, there is losing leads like the Sens did. That's not something that should happen. Each time was due to us changing the way we had been playing. That is frustrating to watch.

I enjoy any and all hockey at pretty much all levels. A spade is a spade, seeing a team make the same repeated mistakes that should not be made is very, very frustrating.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yes, frustrating.

It's one thing to lose leads in the playoffs. That happens, it's part of the game.

Then, there is losing leads like the Sens did. That's not something that should happen. Each time was due to us changing the way we had been playing. That is frustrating to watch.

I enjoy any and all hockey at pretty much all levels. A spade is a spade, seeing a team make the same repeated mistakes that should not be made is very, very frustrating.

But you give no credit to a very good Boston Bruins team who also wanted to win as badly as the Sens did & have some pretty damn good & proud players who worked just as hard if not harder at different times during the game. Hockey is a game of momentum & while the Sens were down at times they were also up at other times especially when it counted the most. That's what is great about playoff hockey no lead is ever secure, no team is ever out of it & the craziest stuff seems to happen in playoff games. We got to see some great plays & some very good hockey & we should enjoy every minute of it since it is much better than watching other teams make the playoffs instead of our own. Go Sens Go.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
But you give no credit to a very good Boston Bruins team who also wanted to win as badly as the Sens did & have some pretty damn good & proud players who worked just as hard if not harder at different times during the game. Hockey is a game of momentum & while the Sens were down at times they were also up at other times especially when it counted the most. That's what is great about playoff hockey no lead is ever secure, no team is ever out of it & the craziest stuff seems to happen in playoff games. We got to see some great plays & some very good hockey & we should enjoy every minute of it since it is much better than watching other teams make the playoffs instead of our own. Go Sens Go.

I mean, I think they are/were the worst of all the playoff teams, and then you take out their #2 C and #2/4/5 D.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I mean, I think they are/were the worst of all the playoff teams, and then you take out their #2 C and #2/4/5 D.

Yea, that's what so neat about it, the Bruns played with so much adversity as did the Sens with all the story lines in their dressing room. I think the Rangers are beatable but after that? The Pens will be difficult unless we turn it into a street fight to get back at Crosby for what he did to Methot, we'll see.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Ugh! Hate losing, and I feel this series really could have gone either way. It went yours. Enjoy the nect series, and enjoy the remainder of the playoffs. See you all in the fall!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The picture on the NHL website for the Sens game is amazing. The look on Macarthur's face - instantly my new avatar.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Agree about losing the lead (s).

Considering we had the best record in the league with a lead it is a very dramatic turn around and still a bit unsettling.

I enjoyed the series but next round please try to win at home! It really sucks leaving the CTC after a playoff loss...so much better leaving after a win!

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Here I thought winning Game 6 would make this board a nicer place, because you know we did not have to play game 7. Then I came here, nope, still unbearable.

Amazing, people actually think winning playoff games are easy? Like if we get scored on or get tied up, the sky is falling or the team is no good. It is the playoffs, and BOS is a very tough team, their core is really strong and battle tested, they simply refuse to go away, does not matter how banged up they are.

I guess I will come here less often.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Here I thought winning Game 6 would make this board a nicer place, because you know we did not have to play game 7. Then I came here, nope, still unbearable.

Amazing, people actually think winning playoff games are easy? Like if we get scored on or get tied up, the sky is falling or the team is no good. It is the playoffs, and BOS is a very tough team, their core is really strong and battle tested, they simply refuse to go away, does not matter how banged up they are.

I guess I will come here less often.

Don't go away, you actually make sense. We got another round coming. yeaaaaaa. :handclap:

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa

According to the odds makers when the playoffs started, WE were the worst team in the playoffs, with <1% chance of winning the cup. We were the only team below 1% chance of winning the cup, though Boston wasn't a huge threat, I'll grant that, but they still had a couple of percentage points chance according to the people who look at the series on paper. Washington was number 1 with about 27%. They struggled against the Leafs, who were the lowest seeded team in all of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad