GDT: Game #PS4: Coyotes @ Vegas - 7:00pm (AZ) - NHLNetwork

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hope the coaches saw what they needed to see.
Yep.....

CPjRVnUWwAAy9s1.jpg

Reactions: Summer Rose

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
About what I expected from such a lopsided tilt.
Would seem they have the lineup determined for the most part, or they would have iced more NHL caliber support for any bubble players. Just seemed to me that the plan was to provide NHL like experience.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
About what I expected from such a lopsided tilt.
Would seem they have the lineup determined for the most part, or they would have iced more NHL caliber support for any bubble players. Just seemed to me that the plan was to provide NHL like experience.
They could cut half of preseason games and nothing would be lost. Might even be able to end season before summer??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There's a main board thread about how someone thinks the preseason is too long. I see both sides of the argument personally, but I prefer having a good 6-8 preseason games.
They can play the players destined for minors and Jr's at rookie camp. Play 4 or 5 games for possible NHL Players and move onto season. It's not the 90's where players need to get in shape.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think the benefit of prospects being able to play against NHL caliber competition outweighs that.
No reason a few can't play each game. No need for 10 of them getting that chance like present setup. Teams and players are showing us each night how much they value preseason when most games have the bare minimum number of vets dressed.

Reactions: Jakey53

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
There's a main board thread about how someone thinks the preseason is too long. I see both sides of the argument personally, but I prefer having a good 6-8 preseason games.

Only way I drop the amount of preseason games is if they do away with the CHL agreement. I would like to see the top prospects play against men, while still giving the pros adequate time to get their legs under them.

Get rid of the CHL agreement and let them play in the AHL I could give a f*** if we had a preseason. Haha

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
No reason a few can't play each game. No need for 10 of them getting that chance like present setup. Teams and players are showing us each night how much they value preseason when most games have the bare minimum number of vets dressed.
Perhaps they can change the naming to “developmental season” to appease you. :D

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Perhaps they can change the naming to “developmental season” to appease you. :D
Or they could just call it what it really is "free revenue season" and sucker fans into spending money to watch players who will never play in NHL. Myself, and most NHL Players would just prefer they do a lot less of it. Abd again maybe end season before summer.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Or they could just call it what it really is "free revenue season" and sucker fans into spending money to watch players who will never play in NHL. Myself, and most NHL Players would just prefer they do a lot less of it. Abd again maybe end season before summer.
Years ago training camp was for the players to get into shape. That is no longer the case. Now we have rookie camp, followed by development camp for the rookies. Training camp could be cut in half, but it won't because like you said it's free revenue for the team. The first few games of training camp have no value, in my eyes anyway. Oh well, nothing is perfect. Arguments on both sides for sure.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Suckered? The league is not forcing fans to attend. STH’s do however get screwed because these games aren’t an option, never bothered me much though, after all if forking out for a couple inferior games is an issue, probably shouldn’t have season tix anywho.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Suckered? The league is not forcing fans to attend. STH’s do however get screwed because these games aren’t an option, never bothered me much though, after all if forking out for a couple inferior games is an issue, probably shouldn’t have season tix anywho.
I'm sure the folks who can barely afford a ticket but can buy the cheaper preseason tickets are just ecstatic at that Coyote lineup from a couple nights ago as an easy example. . Yeah suckered is the right word. Or the folks at neutral site games when team shows up without Keller, McDavid, Matthews, etc. Make them meaningful and play less of them. Have at least half the lineups NHL players.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm sure the folks who can barely afford a ticket but can buy the cheaper preseason tickets are just ecstatic at that Coyote lineup from a couple nights ago as an easy example. . Yeah suckered is the right word. Or the folks at neutral site games when team shows up without Keller, McDavid, Matthews, etc. Make them meaningful and play less of them. Have at least half the lineups NHL players.
Again, no one forcing them to attend.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad