GDT: Game PS2: Coyotes vs Kings - Melbourne AUS Global Series - (9:00pm AZ) - NHLNetwork, Sportsnet, ESPN+

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
fyi speed cameras are EVERYWHERE here.. its that bad.

I was wondering where they got all the boards and glass from. In the side shots you can see they stripped Obrien Ice house. Wonder what that looks like right now lol

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The Sportsnet broadcast keeps calling Doughty “Jacob Dough-tee”.
I see what you did.

If only there was some kinda gentleman’s agreement where a player can just totally get to ignore the CHL agreement that screws over tons of other players
The NHL doesn't want to ignore the CHL agreement. It benefits them. They get totally free player development in the best JR league in the world. It saves $$$. Owners like that.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
The NHL doesn't want to ignore the CHL agreement. It benefits them. They get totally free player development in the best JR league in the world. It saves $$$. Owners like that.
He's referring to the Kraken and Wright getting an exemption while other players/teams have to abide by the rule.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He's referring to the Kraken and Wright getting an exemption while other players/teams have to abide by the rule.
What other players would have played 4 OHL seasons if not for an OHL season being cancelled, and are within a week of hitting the 20 year old cut-off anyway?

I don't think there are "tons" of players being screwed by that.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
fyi speed cameras are EVERYWHERE here.. its that bad.

I was wondering where they got all the boards and glass from. In the side shots you can see they stripped Obrien Ice house. Wonder what that looks like right now lol
The teams were training there all week, and the rink is intact. So I have zero idea where you got the idea that it was stripped for the rink at Rod Laver.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Someone on the broadcast pointed out that Rod Laver was known as 'the Rocket'...having coming late to hockey, I suck at the sport's history, and growing up a tennis player I knew that nickname was Laver's and not whoever "Maurice Richard" was.

Now I feel bad for not finding a way of going to these games - I've seen Wimbledon, Flushing Meadow, and Roland Garros, and that would have completed the set of my youth. (And I grew up near the other Melbourne, the one in Florida)

Edit: ...if for no other reason than there would have been at least one Coyotes jersey in the crowd...for all they went on and on about all the different teams repped, I didn't notice one Arizona one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Someone on the broadcast pointed out that Rod Laver was known as 'the Rocket'...having coming late to hockey, I suck at the sport's history, and growing up a tennis player I knew that nickname was Laver's and not whoever "Maurice Richard" was.

Now I feel bad for not finding a way of going to these games - I've seen Wimbledon, Flushing Meadow, and Roland Garros, and that would have completed the set of my youth. (And I grew up near the other Melbourne, the one in Florida)

Edit: ...if for no other reason than there would have been at least one Coyotes jersey in the crowd...for all they went on and on about all the different teams repped, I didn't notice one Arizona one.

Laver had one of the hardest serves in tennis. He was left handed and his left wrist was an inch in circumference larger than his right. The forearm was 1 1/2 inches larger. The difference was visible on TV.

One of the writers said he saw all 32 team jerseys represented.

The merchandise stores got wiped out.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

Let us not forget another Australian Great (Tennis player and name)....

Evonne Goolagong!​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad