Pre-Game Talk: Game One - Montreal Vs. Tampa Friday @ Bell Centre (Mod Warning post #368)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
God I hate this match up. It's hard to even get excited for.. for me anyways. I was so happy about beating the Sens and a potential Habs - Wings round 2. ****ing sour.

I've wanted the Wings for two years now.
I sensed more of a possible rival with them than either of the Ont. Teams.
They keep duckin' us. :sarcasm:

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
Habs didnt win agains TP this year
One Habs victory will bring doubt to TB and confidence to Habs

Fast momentum change could happen game after game (ex: OT winning)
Habs should have more fast skaters agains TP (I prefer Bournival, Andrighetto than DSP)

They should play galchenyuk with Eller
They should always put a player in front of Bishop (not DD)
Big chance to win series if Habs are enable to stop Stamkos like Detroit stop them
Reduce ice time to DD in favor to Eller and Pleck
Top 6 players should be a lot better than the Sen series

Habs should find a way to win without Price good performance to beat TB

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I want club 1909 to get their money's worth!

btw, re: that guy who moved to Indosenia/Malaysia/something like that and got a pretty large supply of Molson Canadian (Team Canada promotion) --- what does one have to do to get that fridge delivered to Mumbai, full of...Molson Ex? (Naggana lie, I like it cuz it reminds me of paying exorbitantly at the BC).

That dude was on an f'in beach. I've worn two different Habs jerseys to work on 'casual Friday', and been questioned excessively. Playoff beard has required extensive immersion into hockey (or right 'ice hockey') culture.

Gimme some free beer dammit!

Screw Tampa. That one arrogant fan + my 6oz of Talisker has converted me to the opinion that we should dispose of this non-hockey city. Et vite!

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I want MTL to pound them into the dirt and then spit on their corpses!

That's so Bruins like. That being said I hope Bergevin signs Lucic in two years. However, I'd rather the Habs be gentlemen; because the price of having a Bruins like mentality is too expensive for what it's worth.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it's incredible once again that 95% of hockey world is picking TB. and ALL we keep hearing about is cooper and his underlings chirping about how much they learned and how they're out for revenge. the Habs get 0 respect. they got 0 respect for beating best team in the NHL the last 30 games--4-2 and it's happening again even though TB didn't look all that good vs Detroit

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
it's incredible once again that 95% of hockey world is picking TB. and ALL we keep hearing about is cooper and his underlings chirping about how much they learned and how they're out for revenge. the Habs get 0 respect. they got 0 respect for beating best team in the NHL the last 30 games--4-2 and it's happening again even though TB didn't look all that good vs Detroit

Well the Habs are kind of like Club America, or the Dallas Cowboys, or the Oakland Raiders, or the Yankees, or the Red Sox, or PSG, or the All Blacks in rugby; either you hate them or you love them. Hence all the neutral people cheering for TB.

Last edited:

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I want MTL to pound them into the dirt and then spit on their corpses!

I want a god damn cup and I don't care what happens to people that get in the way!

giphy.gif

bigtimehockeyfan999*

That's so Bruins like. That being said I hope Bergevin signs Lucic in two years. However, I'd rather the Habs be gentlemen; because the price of having a Bruins like mentality is too expensive for what it's worth.

I think he's a lot more effective for us as a bruin :laugh:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I think he's a lot more effective for us as a bruin :laugh:

I respect the guy, he's emotional, like Subban, that means he cares. He's a buddy of Gallagher, apparently told the Bruins management they should draft him. He co-wrote a children's book against bullying. And he's Canadian. And he'd be a good mentor for McCarron, they could even play on the same line. I hope Bergevin signs him as a UFA. I don't know the future, if the Bruins will comeback or rebuild, but to me Lucic would be welcomed in Montréal, I can see past fanboyism.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
oh look, a bolt's fan lost 3000miles away from Tampa
I really hope you don't seriously think people can only like their hometown teams - or whatever team is in the closest proximity of where they are.

It takes serious commitment to follow a team outside of your country, especially when you live in a city that has a team. I never felt like people have to automatically follow their hometown team, especially if you don't enjoy their style of play. But if that makes me such a bad person, please, keep posting about it. I don't particularly care. My distance to Tampa has nothing to do with my fandom, and you must really not have anything to say if you're reaching that far.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I can't wait for tomorow for the series to get started. Come back on the Habs boards anytime.
Cheers. I'll probably stay away from active GDTs. That's just a disaster waiting to happen. I might make some appearances the day after games, just so tempers can calm. But most of you are a fun bunch. I don't even mind the ones that seem to be insulted by my presence. I might even go to one of the Montreal games and wear my Hedman jersey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[b]Ag1ywcLI3Xo[/b]

EDIT: How do I get the vid to play in the thread? I'm such a n00b...
For future reference, take the last bit of the link of a youtube video, in this particular case, I bolded it, and then insert [*yt] [/*yt] (take out the asterisks) links inbetween.

Like so.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As a friendly reminder to Tampa fans visiting our site - you are welcome here. However, during the playoffs your posts will be strictly monitored. This is not a neutral forum and posts that you might otherwise be able to write in your own forum or in the Around the League or Playoff threads might not be tolerated here.

If you are looking for 'back and forth' banter, I'd suggest you go to a neutral forum for this.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gjallarhorn,

This warning is not directed at you. Just making sure that incoming visitors understand that they are on a Hab forum. Thanks!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
What new strategy/tactics can a turkey like Therrien devise against a team that consistently beats the Habs"

Answer: I don't know,

Question: What would the Habs be if they didn't have Carey Price, PK Subban, and Max Pacioretty?

Answer: I know this one, the Boston Bruins..

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
For us to win this series Markov has to play like Markov and not like the peewee hockey player that showed up for round one. It pains me to say it because I've always been a supporter of his, but he wasn't the #2 dman we needed him to be.

Unless Price puts on a once in a life time type of performance I can't see us winning without Markov stepping up, Petry has been OK but if our top 3 aren't playing their roles effectively I think we'll get exposed. Not having Beaulieu certainly isn't helping the situation.

But I do think we can win, cause I think Price has a "generational talent" level performance in him for a series or two. Whether that's now or in the future I guess we'll find out shortly. It sucks going into a series knowing you're relying heavily on your goaltender to bail you out but at the same time when that goaltender is Price it makes you feel a bit better about it.

The offense of course is a huge concern too no doubt. A few years back Halak stole some series for us and I think Price can do it too.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What new strategy/tactics can a turkey like Therrien devise against a team that consistently beats the Habs"

Answer: I don't know,

Question: What would the Habs be if they didn't have Carey Price, PK Subban, and Max Pacioretty?

Answer: I know this one, the Boston Bruins..

More like the Buffalo Sabres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad