TV: Game of Thrones Spin-off (potentially)

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Arya story sounds boring, mainly because her character became extremely boring but it still seems better than Jon plodding around with no WW left, not Wildlings left save for his people...so wtf is going to happen? He is gonna war against the Nights Watch?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
man cmon it was an obvious reference

But yes, if I wanted to be serious, an Arya show going to places we have never seen seems like it would be a lot more thrilling on paper than Snow playing in the, well, snow that we have seen for years with various degrees of interest.
I didnt get the reference :laugh:

I don’t think they can do an entire show on any one person, it would be cool if not just Jon was brought back but a few other cast members. I guess at that point it would just be like season 9 but i’d be on board completely!

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I didnt get the reference :laugh:

I don’t think they can do an entire show on any one person, it would be cool if not just Jon was brought back but a few other cast members. I guess at that point it would just be like season 9 but i’d be on board completely!
Jon is probably just up north doing nothing .Then some shit hits the fan in kings landing so someone must find him and a dragon to fight whatever threat comes up.Whatever it in..I'm also on board completely.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Jon is probably just up north doing nothing .Then some shit hits the fan in kings landing so someone must find him and a dragon to fight whatever threat comes up.Whatever it in..I'm also on board completely.

That makes sense. I was thinking how the hell are they going to build a story around the empty north. This seems far more viable.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
This would probably work. Though I still struggle to see who the bad guys would be. IIRC everything seemed kind of settled at the end of the series. All the baddies were finished.

I could see a rehash of season 1 where an outside challenge to Bran's rule emerges somewhere outside the continent (think Khal Drogo), and Jon is called up to help his brother and lead his armies. Or Bran gets tired of ruling, needs an heir or something and Jon is called back to rule, even though he does not want it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This would probably work. Though I still struggle to see who the bad guys would be. IIRC everything seemed kind of settled at the end of the series. All the baddies were finished.

I could see a rehash of season 1 where an outside challenge to Bran's rule emerges somewhere outside the continent (think Khal Drogo), and Jon is called up to help his brother and lead his armies. Or Bran gets tired of ruling, needs an heir or something and Jon is called back to rule, even though he does not want it.
A show walking back the decision to name Bran as King would be pretty hilarious but it would also require a lot of the big players to come back for at least some appearances.

But really though I remember I was here trying my best to justify everything that happened at the end. I still don't think Jon not ending up King was a bad direction to take the conclusion, it was just not executed well at all. But I think even back then I couldn't really justify Bran being the choice. Nothing about his journey as the Three Eyed Raven indicated that the endgame was for him to rule. And even if his abilities could make him a prescient ruler with the ability to make the smartest decisions, it just still didn't feel right. Or at least it wasn't developed well. His whole motivation as the TER was to stop the long winter. It was never established that his role as the TER was to assume responsibility for the wellbeing of all of Westeros beyond stopping the Night King.

Reactions: Make

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
A show walking back the decision to name Bran as King would be pretty hilarious but it would also require a lot of the big players to come back for at least some appearances.

But really though I remember I was here trying my best to justify everything that happened at the end. I still don't think Jon not ending up King was a bad direction to take the conclusion, it was just not executed well at all. But I think even back then I couldn't really justify Bran being the choice. Nothing about his journey as the Three Eyed Raven indicated that the endgame was for him to rule. And even if his abilities could make him a prescient ruler with the ability to make the smartest decisions, it just still didn't feel right. Or at least it wasn't developed well. His whole motivation as the TER was to stop the long winter. It was never established that his role as the TER was to assume responsibility for the wellbeing of all of Westeros beyond stopping the Night King.
But he has the best story…:laugh:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I'm honestly a little surprised HBO never reshot the final season. They've lost probably hundreds of millions from loss of interest because of it. We were supposed to have all kind of spinoffs. Probably a movie or two. Now we're getting a prequel that doesn't seem to be generating much buzz

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I feel a teensy, tiny bit of interest with a continuation of Jon Snow's story, but if the last season taught me anything it's that merely having the character involved doesn't mean it'll be good.

I have zero interest in the prequel, but am at least open to the idea of seeing more of Jon and Co. if a good writer is involved and it reviews well, but I'm not holding my breath and I'll probably skip it unless it gets some pretty uniformly great reviews.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm honestly a little surprised HBO never reshot the final season. They've lost probably hundreds of millions from loss of interest because of it. We were supposed to have all kind of spinoffs. Probably a movie or two. Now we're getting a prequel that doesn't seem to be generating much buzz
It’s been generating a ton of buzz..

I feel a teensy, tiny bit of interest with a continuation of Jon Snow's story, but if the last season taught me anything it's that merely having the character involved doesn't mean it'll be good.

I have zero interest in the prequel, but am at least open to the idea of seeing more of Jon and Co. if a good writer is involved and it reviews well, but I'm not holding my breath and I'll probably skip it unless it gets some pretty uniformly great reviews.
You say you have no interest in the prequel, so you arent going to watch it? Just curious, not trying to be a jerk, only cause my friends are saying the same but then at the same time they tell me they are definitely watching when it’s released :laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

You say you have no interest in the prequel, so you arent going to watch it? Just curious, not trying to be a jerk, only cause my friends are saying the same but then at the same time they tell me they are definitely watching when it’s released :laugh:

I'm not anticipating a scenario where I watch the prequel. I'm just flat out not interested.

Same with the Rings of Power show to a degree, but I know my wife loves LotR so I could reasonably anticipate a scenario when I'm pulled into that at least. There's no such tug for whatever the GoT prequel is called, though.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Unless it gets a ton of positive reception I will 100% not bother

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
We never did figure what numskins and snarks are have we?
Jon doesn't want to rule but his buddy Sam I think is qualified .
Did the bank get its cash back?
Does greyjoy still have a navy to cause trouble?
I need to rewatch season 8 lol

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They should just make an Elden Ring show and have Harrington play a Tarnished. It was written my GRR anyway and is close enough of a concept to GOT while being something very different simultaneously

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Make it a comedy. A GoT version of Curb where Jon Snow has to adapt to societal norms he doesn't understand or agree with.
First episode Jon and Bran get into an argument because Jon refuses to pay to rebuild the wall. Jon then spends the rest of the season building a spite-kingdom north of the wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad