TV: Game of Thrones Spin-off (potentially)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Couple of thoughts on potential premises:

- It didn't make the show but in the books the whitewalkers got released because Mance Rayder was up in the far far north digging through tombs looking for a relic said to be able to knock down the wall.
- With battle of winter over, the Night's Watch having served it's purpose, and the Wildling's already brought down south of the wall, it's practically it's own new region North of Winterfell to repopulate and resettle. As the wildlings likely weren't miners it would be very easy to introduce a gold rush bring a flood of people north making creating a new frontier kingdom.
- With Jon's link to Dany you could always have Drogon making his new home somewhere up there.

Could they make a show of that? I don't know but if they want to keep it focused on Jon Snow it should be doable.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The last season annoyed me so I actually forget some of what happened to Jon… did he go live beyond the wall?

If so, it wouldn’t be hard for him to find all kinds of crazy shit out there that makes the show fascinating.

They didn’t even believe the White Walkers really existed, so I’m sure the writers could find plenty of captivating threats to keep Jon busy.

The Unsullied also despise him now, could have them also secretly chasing him down beyond the wall to assassinate him.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The last season annoyed me so I actually forget some of what happened to Jon… did he go live beyond the wall?

If so, it wouldn’t be hard for him to find all kinds of crazy shit out there that makes the show fascinating.

They didn’t even believe the White Walkers really existed, so I’m sure the writers could find plenty of captivating threats to keep Jon busy.

The Unsullied also despise him now, could have them also secretly chasing him down beyond the wall to assassinate him.

Yes, and the Unsullied are gone. From the Wikipedia recap of the final episode:
"Jon is sentenced to the Night's Watch to appease the Unsullied, who set sail for Naath, Missandei's homeland."

"Jon rejoins Tormund and Ghost at Castle Black, leading the Wildlings north of the Wall."

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The whole "Unsullied want Jon dead but then f*** off to Naath after he's exiled" thing was so dumb. I think it would have been better if Jon had chosen self exile because he was just done with all the politics and wars and didn't want his Targaryen heritage to be used to create more conflict.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I dunno, like Season 8 of Game of Thrones might be the worst written season of television in history --- it is at least the most disastrous. I've never been so into a product like I was with Game of Thrones, to COMPLETELY lose any interest in the world at all. That is quite an accomplishment- to kill a fandum.

I legit don't even look for Winds of Winter updates. I'm just over the series (I enjoyed Dunk and Egg books and such but I think I read them like 15? years ago?).

I'll wait and see if the word of mouth is good for this new series before I sign up for HBO. I'm not holding my breath though

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yes, and the Unsullied are gone. From the Wikipedia recap of the final episode:

They could still send a few assassins after him. Ie a few stayed behind to track Jon after he sets off for the wall.

Would actually be more logical than letting the killer of their queen and liberator walk away.

And again, that’s just one enthralling storyline.

There are all kinds of unknown things beyond the wall, which is exactly what would make this series really fascinating if they explored it:

The lands beyond the Wall are primarily wild, untamed and uncharted.

Countless monsters and other threats could come from the Land of Always Winter - as no one even knows what’s there - it’s never been explored.

From my basic knowledge of the history of GOT, many supernatural things are stirring up that way.

Just need some creative writers to flesh out the storylines really.

Just odd to see people writing that there would be nothing really exciting for the show to explore with Jon.

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We never did figure what numskins and snarks are have we?
Jon doesn't want to rule but his buddy Sam I think is qualified .
Did the bank get its cash back?
Does greyjoy still have a navy to cause trouble?
I need to rewatch season 8 lol
Don't do that to yourself.
Season 8 offered nothing but pain and heartbreak.
The greyjoys have their navy but are forbid from pillaging and are part of the 6 kingdoms.
The initial debt was repaid when they took highgarden, in the show they allude to that money buying the golden company too, so they were either completely repaid or there's an outstanding loan to hire the golden company but there's no way for them to collect

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Don't do that to yourself.
Season 8 offered nothing but pain and heartbreak.
The greyjoys have their navy but are forbid from pillaging and are part of the 6 kingdoms.
The initial debt was repaid when they took highgarden, in the show they allude to that money buying the golden company too, so they were either completely repaid or there's an outstanding loan to hire the golden company but there's no way for them to collect
I thought the Golden Company got incinerated by that dragon in a totally underwhelming battle scene

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Not happening.

I'm pretty bummed, not going to lie, would have liked to see them continue the story with some of the previous cast.

Oh well, at least the other spin off looks like a definite go, they already cast 2 of the main characters:

Reactions: Tuggy

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
They could still send a few assassins after him. Ie a few stayed behind to track Jon after he sets off for the wall.

Would actually be more logical than letting the killer of their queen and liberator walk away.

And again, that’s just one enthralling storyline.

There are all kinds of unknown things beyond the wall, which is exactly what would make this series really fascinating if they explored it:

Countless monsters and other threats could come from the Land of Always Winter - as no one even knows what’s there - it’s never been explored.

From my basic knowledge of the history of GOT, many supernatural things are stirring up that way.

Just need some creative writers to flesh out the storylines really.

Just odd to see people writing that there would be nothing really exciting for the show to explore with Jon.
The Unsullied would freeze their balls of.....wait

Reactions: Primary Assist

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I wasn't really interested in the Jon Snow sequel, but then again I wasn't excited about HOTD, and it turned out awesome. Although the story lends itself more to the things that made GOT good than a Jon Snow series would. Interested to see how The Hedge Knight turns out. If they get the chemistry right between Dunk and Egg it could be a classic GOT roadshow.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Even though it would have been a "Jon Snow" title, and he would be the front runner, the show would have have many different stories going on at once like the original.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad