GDT: Game Nuevo: Ducks (6-1-1) @ Avs (4-5-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Better buy him out soon I guess..... :sarcasm:
Yeah no ****. When you have a GM who is as dumb as Tamby, and arrogant to boot, boneheaded moves like that one are bound to happen.

I'm a big Souray fan and I'm delighted to see him playing well for you guys. I hope he lights the lamp another fifteen times this season and all the idiots who thought he was done in this league can sit there with red faces watching. I wouldn't even mind if he potted a couple against the Oilers ;)

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Not a very well played game. Fasth with his best game so far (leads the league in SV% and GAA BTW). Souray and Beauch very good again. I thought Allen was better than his usual last night.

Lovejoy acquisition is meh...

Very tough games ahead, sure could use Fowler. **** you Stoll.

Last edited:

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
What do you guys think about Fasth? I've said it before, I think he is the new Tim Thomas. A 'late-bloomer' who will become a very solid starter in the NHL.

And there is a funny fact aswell, both Tim Thomas and Victor Fasth has played for AIK in Sweden. :)

I'm happy that he is playing really well, but I'm not jumping to the conclusion that he is going to be a NHL starter for the rest of his career just yet.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Good on Staubitz! Kind of made me eat my words. I'd prefer Rosehill or Leblond was up too but Staubitz

There's 2 in the originization, whether or not Boudreau will play them is another question :(

There's not a lot of guys who could take on Bourdeleau.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Even though are defense was sloppy I didn't think the abs were gonna get anything. By fasth. Guy is on fire and gone a be a tremendous asset regardless who is 1a & 1b. Though Allen played best game and sbisa and forwards were terrible in transition. Beach and souray have been amazing. I think vatanen gets sent down as soon as lindholm or fowler are healthy. Hendry is gone as soon as love joy is ready to play.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Oh also though sbisa and palmeri were tremendous on forecheck and transition. Can't wait for perry to get his timing back

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Was gonna add that I have liked Staubitz the past two games. He's not a very good hockey player but he's not god awful bad. I think he's doing a way better job than DSP was though. I'd like to see the club call up Maroon though.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Didn't get to see the game. :/ Really glad to see the Ducks got the win, and a big grats to Fasth for his first shutout.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Was gonna add that I have liked Staubitz the past two games. He's not a very good hockey player but he's not god awful bad. I think he's doing a way better job than DSP was though. I'd like to see the club call up Maroon though.

Agreed on Staubitz. He throws his weight around like DSP is supposed to and hasn't looked lost on the ice the last few games. He took the wrong guy on one of the breakaways, but it's not like that's not a common issue with our forwards anyway. I like his willingness last night but he's gonna get himself killed if he keeps fighting out of his weight class.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Agreed on Staubitz. He throws his weight around like DSP is supposed to and hasn't looked lost on the ice the last few games. He took the wrong guy on one of the breakaways, but it's not like that's not a common issue with our forwards anyway. I like his willingness last night but he's gonna get himself killed if he keeps fighting out of his weight class.

at least he tries :)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
You can't really blame him for the fight. He gets two starts out of nine, how can he realistically turn down a challenge early in a scoreless game? I mean that's like paragraph one of the enforcer job description.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You can't really blame him for the fight. He gets two starts out of nine, how can he realistically turn down a challenge early in a scoreless game? I mean that's like paragraph one of the enforcer job description.

I wasn't blaming him, but that was out of his weight class. He's lucky he didn't get a concussion.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hopefully the next time he accepts a challenge from someone that much bigger with such a dramatic reach advantage he ties him up instead of allowing the guy to try to break his hand on his face.

Nikko*

That Sacco interview before the game made me all nostalgic. So weird but I remember always picturing him as one of our best players as a kid, which he was in the beginning, relatively speaking. It was interesting to hear his comments regarding that inaugural team.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
That Sacco interview before the game made me all nostalgic. So weird but I remember always picturing him as one of our best players as a kid, which he was in the beginning, relatively speaking. It was interesting to hear his comments regarding that inaugural team.

Cogliano reminds me of Sacco. So much speed, but not so much finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad