GDT: Game no. 71: HABS @ DEVILS | What's in a jersey? | Thurs. April 7th, 2022, 7 PM ET -- MSG+ 2, TSN2, RDS

Who will win tonight's game?

• Habs

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Devils

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs are out of town for a short road trip that involves the Devils tonight and the Figs this Saturday.

The Devils have been nearly as abysmal as the Habs this season with a 24-40-6 record vs. the Habs posting 19-40-11. Habs will be facing our good friend, the Hamburglar.

Looking into the Devils further, they've picked quite the season to be introducing a third uniform.

Last November, they announced this third sweater:

iJcNoOQ.jpg

What? "Jersey", not "New Jersey"?!?

The design behind the sweater was due in no small part to NJ's executive Martin Brodeur, who was involved in the inclusion of 21 stripes (representing each of NJ's 21 counties on a black background).

White stripes are for counties? I thought they were a representation of the highway lanes from the New Jersey Turnpike. After all, residents in New Jersey are allowed to keep roadkill to eat. A source of free food is something to be celebrated and cherished, no?

Hey, Martin, I wonder where you got that truly original idea for that first ever Devils third jersey?

iK71UKN.jpg

Was it really 21 stripes for 21 counties? I mean, there are 22 correctional facilities in New Jersey -- you were so close.

Maybe Brodeur got his inspiration from this:

9Ad9IhT.jpg

Fun fact: in 2013, the Sussex County Jail in Newton, NJ, ditched its traditional orange jumpsuits in favor of the striped black-and-white two-piece uniform. Hey Martin, how about those crocs as the next new era, original NJ apparel?

Whenever the Devils come to mind, can't help but think of our old buddy, PK Subban. Since there isn't a camera that PK has ever fled, is it any surprise that he's involved in promoting a concept jersey?

However, there is a twist ...

aFLSh4T.jpg

The jersey concept was so popular that Subban agreed to pose with its next iteration -- a 4th jersey to be announced at a later time. This has to be the first time that I've seen Subban wear branded clothing that does not involve his own trademarks.

Still "skating past the noise" PK? You know, the noise that wasn't there before you happened to skate by.

Why are so many teams going to these black jerseys? It's becoming a chore telling one from the other. New Jersey has several historical uniforms, they didn't need another generic looking jersey.

Fans don't even care, just remember Puddy from Seinfeld, he made his own fun and didn't even need a frickin' jersey.

NFQZ71P.jpg

Martin, you should have asked Puddy for advice. Remember what he was wearing on Seinfeld?

zvM8ilp.gif

All this investment, PR and hoolabaloo into a third jersey that doesn't work.

Instead of that, they could have simply asked anyone who passes through New Jersey, for input. Had they done so, I have a feeling this is the design would have won out as the third jersey ...

eB3akOl.jpg

Back to the Habs, it was sure satisfying to see Justin Barron score his first NHL goal.

0BIY8dP.gif

And now, all eyes or on you, Jordan Harris -- we all want to see you score your first NHL goal. Yes way, Jose!

Seriously, no pressure and no rush, you're not going anywhere over the rest of the season and neither is the version of this year's team.

Which doesn't prevent you from experiencing surreal moments such as this:

LINEUPS:

hS8Hn0a.jpg

15qulPE.jpg

vlDcOUg.gif

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm starting to think that @Runner77 has a factory of illegal aliens churning out GDT's .

Another great one.

This Jersey story is fascinating. I was on that Turnpike more than a few times when we'd vacation in Myrtle beach.
Habs should take this easily.

GO:habsGO

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Trash talking on Harris not playing has already led to barbs about how the Ducharme era has returned and the predictable "Free Harris." 😅

Essentially: Barron, Harris and Byron are out. Wideman, Clague and Tyler Pitlick draw in.

Barron > Clague
Harris > Wideman
Byron > Pitlick

Good for the L

Also playing Allen nonstop is dumb as hell. Dude won't be a habs anymore at the next deadline.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This Jersey story is fascinating.
Simply branding your item by its common designation could be a great way to counter those countries that violate trademark laws. :sarcasm:

etGAnfi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: peate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad