GDT: Game no. 70: SENS @ HABS | What's in a name? | Tues. April 5th, 2022, 7 PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, TSN5, RDS

Who will win tonight's game?

• Habs

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Sens

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • We all win thanks to exciting Marty-style hockey!

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You can't be too careful nowadays.

Maybe that's the biggest takeaway from the Oscars -- not that life's lessons necessarily need to come from a room full of plasticated, disconnected sorts stuffed in exclusive, pretentious garb and apparel.

Imagine just for a minute, if the trigger for the slap heard around the world, was not someone's showbizz wife but, your previous GM, Marc Bergevin ...

ppdpaoS.png

The incident sparked a cottage industry of conspiracy theories. A popular one, was that it was staged so as to help prop the Oscars' dwindling viewership numbers over the years. I didn't buy it at first.

But, @OldCraig71 was persistent and now I hate to admit it but he was right all along.

The whole thing was a set-up.

This pre-production artwork, that was leaked online, proves it ... see if you spot anything particular about it.

dYHpU6x.jpg

What was one of the main sticking points from our prior GM's tenure? He just couldn't pick a direction ,,,

2rRWiOB.jpg

In the end, someone else had to pick a direction for him and showed him the door.

As fate would have it, Bergevin ended up in a place where "Jose" is a very popular name.

Looking closer at personnel that matters because it is still on the team, Christian Dvorak was taken for granted, was injured for quite some time and it is only when he returned to the lineup that fans started to pay attention to him again.

Fans also noticed that Dvorak never smiled and took that to mean that he's not happy to be a Hab. Arguments were made about how he was building a house in Arizona when he got traded to Montreal and how his production had dipped. All that was proven untrue, with Marty at helm.

It turns out, however, that his no-smile predisposition and emotionless resting face are not a symptom, but a feature. He's the perfect addition to the kitchy, new wave outfit whose image and brand are everything that define Dvorak ...

7VhN0Po.png

How powerful is the Marty Effect? This happened:

Habs have shown an unexpected ability to keep the score close with some playoff teams in the last two weeks, further to an OT loss to Boston and a one-goal regular time loss to Florida. They're certainly not where they need to be but the never-give-up attitude under coach Marty did result in surprising wins against the Figs and Tampa.

Which begs the question -- what happens if they were to experience a prolonged slide? How would Marty react -- would it still be all smiles and accolades and no finger pointing at post-game pressers?

Two words: "METS-EN!!!"

I suspect it would be tantamount to what would happen if the Coke Zero dinosaur ran out of product.

GqnRyMV.gif

Although he was a healthy scratch in the last game in favor of Ryan Poehling, Dauphin's efforts and long, laborious path, have finally got him to a suitable habitat.

XwuvTI7.png

We should see him draw back in, soon.

Yesterday was the traditional team photo day. You'll readily notice in the seating configuration, that they placed Cole Caufield between two oversized players, Petry and Savard. Which prompted Caufield to make a special request ...

And, finally, those Sens. Normally, we wouldn't hold back in letting them have it. After all, many of their fans routinely make the most derogatory memes and remarks about our team and its fans.

However, given that the Sens are mourning the loss of their owner, let's instead underscore how several NHL teams like the Blue Jackets, the Bolts, the Oilers and the Red Wings among others, have honoured him with messages of condolence and moments of silence.

The Habs have been on an extended road trip and it just so happens that their first game back home, is this one. Let's leave it to the Habs to do one of the things they really do well -- behave with the type of class that a moment such as this, calls for.

LINEUPS:

W48T17H.jpg

NaKrg2p.jpg

ekJFf9y.gif

Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Great GDT. I think Ottawa will reconnect with last year's energy tonight because it's the first game at home after a long road trip for the Habs and Ottawa, although inconsistant, is very young and talented and they will want to honour their passing owner.

Reactions: Runner77

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Good to see some excitement back at the Bell Center. There is a buzz around the team. Stands are full again. Finally getting back to normal

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Great GDT. I think Ottawa will reconnect with last year's energy tonight because it's the first game at home after a long road trip for the Habs and Ottawa, although inconsistant, is very young and talented and they will want to honour their passing owner.
I keep hearing about Ottawa is going to be a good team and they are still lottery pick. The Habs is very very bad this year and somehow we always keep looking over our shoulder for the Sens to outtank us.

Reactions: FF de Mars

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I keep hearing about Ottawa is going to be a good team and they are still lottery pick. The Habs is very very bad this year and somehow we always keep looking over our shoulder for the Sens to outtank us.

I understand your objection. That's why I wrote Ottawa is inconsistant. If the Lightning can lose to the Habs, the Habs can lose to Ottawa. Last year they had our number.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I like Pez.

But I'm glad at least Ylonen and Poehling are in.

Also glad Barron, Harris, and Schu are in. Even if/when Petry is healthy, those 3 should get priority over Petry, since he doesn't want to be part of the future. And he's not playing like he's going to get his trade value up anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad