GDT: Game no. 69: HABS @ BOLTS | Harris into the thunder | Sat. April 2nd, 2022, 7 PM ET -- CITY, SNE, TVAS, NHLN, BSSUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jordan Harris' first NHL game.

cpNvHQS.gif

Speaking of firsts, it'll also be Marty's first game in his old stomping grounds as head coach since he last visited it as a player for the Rangers, with whom he ended his career.

What have they been saying about him?

dmMjVJj.jpg

5MlaBwG.jpg

Marty adds a self-assessment:

UlmJEoX.jpg

Ted Lasso, huh? Who knew!

WeUUKgg.gif

This is also when players will get to spend quality time with Habs' Special Advisor to Hockey Ops, Cousin Vinny.

You can see right here, what the word "special" in his title, really means ...

Gu3ueC5.jpg

Hey Vinny, whatever happened to bars and clubs?

LINEUPS:

QvIH5ZG.jpg

5U8OJjd.gif

Last edited:

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Glad to see Harris playing and also Phoeling.
MSL should try Yolen on the line with Suzuki and Caufield.
Kid can skate and needs top 6 time to see what he can really do.
Armia on the top line is a total waste of time, but a player who played Top 6 in Laval in a position needs a chance to succeed and give him confidence, not stuck on the 4th line.
We've done that crap for 20+ years and it's killed players confidence.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Armia on the top line is a total waste of time, but a player who played Top 6 in Laval in a position needs a chance to succeed and give him confidence, not stuck on the 4th line.

Ylonen will not make the NHL as a top 6. Definitely not a top line player. He’ll be more of a middle 6er who can produce on the PP.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Just hope we show some life. I know this is a brutal roadtrip, but so far after 120 minutes, we have played 3 of them well.

Hope TB does something special for MSL, and hope we score some points, but I'm again expecting nothing really.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Me too, one of my most hated guys in the Nhl, braggy and arrogant when he wins, and whines or does dirty cheapshots when things don’t go his way.

I just hope we draft our own kucherov with one of these many 1sts and 2nds we have in the next few drafts. ;)

Reactions: AyyoCully

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Ylonen will not make the NHL as a top 6. Definitely not a top line player. He’ll be more of a middle 6er who can produce on the PP.

Bro, replace Ylonen with Patches and that was the assessment of 75% of the posters here when Patches was sent down to the AHL his final time. You know, when he said he would rather play top 6 in the AHL than 4th line in the NHL under Martin.

The minority of posters said the guy is still young, just give him a chance.

Chances are high Ylonen will not be another Patches, but guys like Ylonen should be given a full shot if they have reached this point.

And only a stupid organization which hopefully we are no longer, would not give a kid a chance in a lost year.

Reactions: Paddy17 and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Well MSL will try Pitlick there today.

I'd go with ylonen also, because I think they're too small with pitlick. I'd actually use 2 of Anderson, Ylonen, Poehling or Dvorak for the 2 open wing spots on the first two line:

Caufield - Suzuki - Ylonen
Pitlick - Evan's- Poehling
Byron - Dvorak- Armia

If Anderson isn't on that 1st line, I don't know where to put him.
Caufield - Suzuki - Dvorak
Pitlick - Evan's - Ylonen
Anderson - Poehling - Armia

Dvorak and Anderson would be the next two I'd move out as I could see there being interest in them. Go with the young guys like Pitlick, Ylonen, and Poehling - and Byron, Armia, Drouin, Gallagher, and Hoffman as stop gaps since they're probably unmovable.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Ylonen is definitely a complementary player.

But he may be able to score when playing with offensive players. He definitely can get up and down the ice, make skilled plays in tight spaces, and shoot the puck. I hope he's also sound defensively, as reports say he is. He's not an aggressive player and doesn't consistently go to the dirty areas.

At any rate will be interesting to see where in the lineup his skill set lands him.

Reactions: Ghetto Sangria

Jul 6, 2016
How come Habs can have five healthy scratches ? Can teams have now more than a 23 men squad ?

Perreault, Dauphin, Lagesson, Wideman and Clague can all play + Gally close to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad