Movies: Game Night (comedy starring Jason Bateman & Rachel McAdams)

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
i like jason bateman but this looks like a big TURD

its directed by the kid from freaks and geeks??

Yup John Francis Daley who played Sam Weir.

I agree on it looking bad. McAdams seems really annoying in it based on the previews I’ve seen. Maybe Bateman can save it from being a complete dud.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I will see this movie only if Kyle Chandler's character calls Jesse Plemons "Lance" multiple times.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I love Bateman and McAdmans. Will catch it when it comes on Blu.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm not sure why most think this looks awful

It's an original, fun premise with a stellar cast and one of the best leading men in Hollywood for comedies

What more do you want?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Surprised by the early reviews. Figured this would be a critical dud, especially with the February release.

Great comedies are few and far between these days. The cast is only part of it, the script is usually the real starting point. Not to mention February is often the graveyard release month for movies that the producers don't have much faith in.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This looks like "that movie" where it's something no one would expect to be good and it actually ends up being good. Caught a small clip of this and immediately thought it would just be another "Office Christmas Party" or something along those lines.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Saw. Very entertaining. Bateman was his awesome self. Got very excited to see Dexter. Winston was funny as f*** (shout out to my fellow New Girl fans). Best acting? Jesse Lemons. God damned is he underrated. Had no idea who Billy Magnussen is, but he's funny.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I was thinking about seeing Annahilation soon, but this is getting great word of mouth. Also, I'm not a fan of Horror movies and Annahilation is a horror movie, or so I've heard.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Jesse Plemons is the highlight of this film, but I found it peaked a bit early

Once they find out it's not a game, the film loses a bit of steam, and unfortunately, that's at around the 45 minute mark

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought it was funny but went in kind of expecting a more fleshed out plot. I thought the plot writing was incredibly stupid at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad