HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Game #Loss - 11.18.14 - vs Canes - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Everything's different this game. Morning skate lines:

Jamie Benn-Cody Eakin-Tyler Seguin
Erik Cole-Jason Spezza-Ales Hemsky
Antoine Roussel-Vernon Fiddler-Colton Sceviour
Curtis McKenzie-Shawn Horcoff-Travis Moen

Alex Goligoski-Trevor Daley
Brenden Dillon-John Klingberg
Jordie Benn-Jamie Oleksiak

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hopefully Klingberg doesn't get sucked into the black hole of suckitude that is Brenden Dillon.

And....Eakin on the top line? Okey doke, let's try it out. I would've flipped Cole and Mackenzie though.....kid scores his first career goal and gets rewarded with a 4th line gig?

Garbs scratched, from the looks of it.

NukeJukes43

Hopefully Klingberg doesn't get sucked into the black hole of suckitude that is Brenden Dillon.

And....Eakin on the top line? Okey doke, let's try it out. I would've flipped Cole and Mackenzie though.....kid scores his first career goal and gets rewarded with a 4th line gig?

You know Cole assisted McKenzie's first on a really nice pass right? Cole has played with more consistent intensity than everyone on the team minus Roussel. Can't keep singleing guys out like Cole and Jordie Benn when the whole team is playing like a Bantam B league team.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I either want us to knock this 5-game homestand out of the park and go 5-0 or 4-1 or really eff it up and go 0-5 or 1-4. We need to be using these games to make progress of some kind. Either progress towards the playoffs for a 2nd straight year, or progress towards McDavid-Eichel.

I don’t want to see 2-3 or 3-2. Worse yet, 0-1-4 or 1-1-3.

Yes yes yes on every level...

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I really think this game tonight is a pivotal game. At home ice against a bad and struggling team. You have to win this if your team has any hope. I mean, you don't like to throw out the "must win" in November, but you know...you really want to win this one.

Satan,

Where is your "must win-o-meter"?

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Definitely a must win, but to be honest winning this game isn't going to prove much.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
This game starts a very important "must win" home stand. It's time to rise up and defend what is ours.
Show no mercy, kill the canes!
Go Stars!!!

I'll actually be at this one tonight, Section 105 :)

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Curious to know why Eakin on the first line is the choice. Seems to me Seguin and Benn get there chances no matter who the 3rd member of the line is. However, putting Eakin with Spezza and Hemsky would give us 2 lines that could be really good. Just doesn't make sense to me. Not to mention there are now 3 guys that can take face offs on the top line as opposed to 1 person on the rest.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
This game is about as much of a must win as it's going to get this point in the season. We're looking at irrepairable damage should we fumble this home stand.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Well I'm on the bus up to Fort McMurray tonight, and the good news is that our team is 2-0 this season so far while I've been on the Red Arrow bus.

I seem to recall the Stars record last year was pretty damn solid during bus nights as well. Might be on to something here.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Can we at least compete and look okay tonight? I'm not expecting the moon, but show progress...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad