Cody McLeod - Colton Sissons - Harry Zolnierczyk

Matt Irwin - Ryan Ellis
Mattias Ekholm - P.K. Subban
Anthony Bitetto - Yannick Weber

Pekka Rinne
Juuse Sarros
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=NEWS AND NOTES]

-The Oilers are second in the NHL with 35 points on the road this season. The Oilers have a 15-7-5 record in 27 games, trailing only Minnesota. The New York Rangers have 34 points (17-7-0).

-With a two-game sweep of Anaheim and San Jose in California just prior to the NHL All-Star break, the Oilers now have 15 road wins in 2016-17, three more than they had in 2015-16.

-The Oilers power play on the road ranks third in the NHL with a 25.6 % efficiency.

-The Predators have earned at least one point in eight of their last 10 games (7-2-1). Eight of those 10 games were decided by one goal and the Predators were 6-1-1 in those games.

-Nashville is 15-1-5 when scoring first, 9-0-3 when leading after one period and 17-0-4 when leading after two. One regulation loss all season when scoring first leads the entire NHL. The Oilers are tied for second with three regulation losses when scoring first (17-3-3).

-Pekka Rinne has won seven consecutive games against the Oilers and recorded two shutouts in that span. He has posted a 1.12 goals-against average and .961 save percentage in those contests and saved 196 of 204 shots faced. Rinne has not allowed more than two goals in any of those seven starts.

-Looch Smash.
[/fieldset]

Sorry to cut your pre-game thread short, snipes, but pre-game threads on game days make my brain itchy.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Last thread:

Big bounce back game needed here. On the road, should be a good test.

Hopefully we come out with a bad taste in our mouth from last game and play angry.

I wonder how much animosity carries over from the last game between these 2 teams.

please ****ing play a solid 60 minutes. No more dumb ass giveaways that lead instantly to a ga.

Was mostly manufactured by the officials that game, who let the Predators start scrums after every whistle.

So that depends on how far the refs let things go.

We haven't needed a big bounce back game after a stinker in some time.

Really looking forward to seeing what the response is.

Hoping to see McDangles go roofdaddy at least once.

Lucic smash please.

Any sort of slump and we go from the second tier of the league right down to the third, fighting for a wildcard spot. Let's nip this at the bud.

That was one of the most amazing sequences of the year. There's the hit, then he gets super pissed that someone is offside then channels the anger into the heavy stick on the goal. Magic.

Been all this talk about how they are a different team, how they've been able to bounce back and how they are a playoff team. they can't afford a long losing streak at this point in the season. So if ever this was a bounce back game especially with such a tough month ahead. Now would be it.

We've been solid on the road this year so here's to hoping we see a good bounce back game.

every game someone says "tonight Mcdavid has a huge game 4-5 points. I can feel it"

hope for a change it happens.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No need to apologize Puritania. GDT is ready, close it up.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Had to redo that title, it was annoying me greatly. If anyone has a better one, by all means let me know and I'll put it up.

Not real sure if our lines remain the same as they did from the start of last game, but if they change, I'll edit the OP.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
It's really not that big a deal if they lose tonight. Predators are a good team and have been playing well. Just don't gift it to the opposition like they did on Tuesday.

Sure would be nice to light up Rinne for once.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I think we see a win tonight. Don't think the team was all that happy with their performance against the Wild and I think a few guys (Russell, Talbot) will be looking to have solid bounce back games.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Important not to let one bad game become a losing streak. Tonight is an important game and we don't have enough cushion between the teams behind us to not be thinking of this as anything but.

Hope to see lots of jump and a comfortable victory. Let's get some of that mojo back.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It's interesting seeing the last 6 games of the season for the Sharks: They play the Canucks, Flames and Oilers twice each...and from today to the end of the year they play the Canucks 5 times.

San Jose is going to be a major decider to the playoff hopes of 3 Canadian teams for sure.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
It's interesting seeing the last 6 games of the season for the Sharks: They play the Canucks, Flames and Oilers twice each...and from today to the end of the year they play the Canucks 5 times.

San Jose is going to be a major decider to the playoff hopes of 3 Canadian teams for sure.

I think our last 12 games are all against the West also.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
well at least if we do win against the Preds, we help our playoff chances not only by helping ourselves but by putting them down.

I know, it's just annoying that we don't get the Avs again for awhile. I think we can win tonight but last game made me worry a bit.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know, it's just annoying that we don't get the Avs again for awhile. I think we can win tonight but last game made me worry a bit.
By the time we play Colorado Johnson may be back in the lineup and they may start actually winning games.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
By the time we play Colorado Johnson may be back in the lineup and they may start actually winning games.

That is something I'm worried about. We seem to encounter hot teams on almost a nightly basis. Very rarely do we get a team that's cold. Granted the Preds lost the last game but they were very good before.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
4 point game tonight. Nashville is right there and this could be a big part of the wildcard race. Who knows if we go on a losing streak down the stretch or not...this game is important.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Important not to let one bad game become a losing streak. Tonight is an important game and we don't have enough cushion between the teams behind us to not be thinking of this as anything but.

Hope to see lots of jump and a comfortable victory. Let's get some of that mojo back.

I can see a win but a comfortable victory? They tend to make getting 2 points very difficult on themselves :laugh:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Great thread there Puritania. That Looch sequence made my day.

I think this was recorded by Leon!

1024x1024.jpg

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is a message sending game. We might meet these guys in the playoffs, this game needs to be about attitude.

We play better when we're angry, but under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad