GDT: GAME LI: Canucks @ Avalanche...wait...there's hockey again?

Tru

May 21, 2015
Colorado
20130205_kkt_as9_071.0.jpg

So much awesomeness in this picture, it needed a quote!!!

Reactions: Pokecheque

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I didn't think Grubauer was that bad against Minnesota. Not bad enough to definitively go back to Varlamov, but that's been the main problem with the tandem all year.

Like, if you have two cars and both are pieces of crap, but you're stuck with one while you can dump the other one for parts, wouldn't you try and make the one you're stuck with work somehow?

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I didn't think Grubauer was that bad against Minnesota. Not bad enough to definitively go back to Varlamov, but that's been the main problem with the tandem all year.

Like, if you have two cars and both are pieces of crap, but you're stuck with one while you can dump the other one for parts, wouldn't you try and make the one you're stuck with work somehow?
I'm wondering if at this point they are trying to get Varly hot for someone desperate to take a flyer on him. But agreed I think Grubs should've gotten the start.

Reactions: hooverdam

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Im not in that room and I have nothing to go off but I dont think the guys in front of him like him all that much and they play that way in front of him haha. I guess they hate Varly too.

I don't know if it's that or it's that they don't trust him and try and overcompensate. One of the Wylde goals against was the direct result of Kerfoot veering off the guy he was supposed to cover and go after the puck carrier. They just, as a whole, just seemed to really relax and play a smoother game those two times Grubs got pulled and Frankie came in. That's one thing I think the Avs' brass is conveniently ignoring right now, and they shouldn't.

But yeah, maybe they just don't like the guy...:laugh:

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
To me, the more disturbing thing about Grubauer's starts is not his play per se, it's how horrid the team in front of him plays.

Grubauer has been quite vocal about the team in front of him even though he also has sucked big time. Varly instead takes the blame and doesn't start making excuses.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Those lines are real and not a joke?

Poor MacKinnon is all I can say

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Lol the Canucks are going to come out soooooo much more eager for this game than the Avs.

5-2 Canucks, Pettersson with 4 points
I'm hoping this break helped the Avs pull their shit together. We'll see.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You really see how bad the forward depth is for the Avs when the 1st line is broken up. Now you only have an ok 2nd line with those line combinations. MacKinnon isnt gonna do much with Kerfoot and Wilson on the 1st line, the 3rd line is pretty meh, and the 4th line belongs in AHL.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
At least they recognized that Kerf belongs on the wing. And I guess the one good thing to come from that line combo will be that he can take important draws instead of MacKinnon.

I remain optimistic until the eventual loss.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh goodness those lines :laugh:. Can't see them lasting more than 20 lol.

I find it amusing he tries that in a home game. I was calling for it on the road to throw off the other teams line matching. Now when Bednar has last change he f***ing does it, where it makes less sense..

I doubt it lasts the first 10 minutes.

:facepalm:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I find it amusing he tries that in a home game. I was calling for it on the road to throw off the other teams line matching. Now when Bednar has last change he ****ing does it, where it makes less sense..

I doubt it lasts the first 10 minutes.

:facepalm:
It'll last until we start losing. He might be more likely to give it a longer shot this time around. It didn't last long the last time he tried, and you can't get a good idea after 30 minutes.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Last game they split up the big line to start the game, weren’t they back together before the end of the 1st?

Also, Avs win 13-0 with an ENG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad