GDT: GAME IV - 10/11/18 5pm Colorado @ Buffalo: The Rasmussance

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Looking forward to Kamenev's 6:49, -1, 4 PIM stat line

Looking forward to that and the several pages of discussion of how he cost the Avs the game due to his laziness and how Dries should have played on the 4th line.

Also looking forward to Dahlin scoring his first goal and having his breakout game against the Avs.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Usually, I’d bitch about a guy like Kamenev being on the 4th line, but I actually like that line. He’ll have offensive chances there.

Reactions: Foppberg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
AJ is arguing with people on Twitter that the 4th line is actually the 3rd line in terms of usage, which kinda makes sense since last season's 3rd line was most definitely the most used trio of players outside of the MacKinnon line. I actually didn't see TOI and usage stats for the last game, in the game before against Philly the bottom two lines played almost identical minutes.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Aren't both of the "bottom six" lines getting similar usage through three games at ES? I thought I remembered seeing that stat posted.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Also looking forward to Dahlin scoring his first goal and having his breakout game against the Avs.

100% this will happen

giphy.gif

If I had a dollar for every time we've heard "Scoring his first NHL goal..." in games against the Avs...

Reactions: RandomAvsFan

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Would sure be nice to go .500 on this mini road trip. They could really get themselves in a hole early on if they don't figure out how to play on the road.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Would sure be nice to go .500 on this mini road trip. They could really get themselves in a hole early on if they don't figure out how to play on the road.

I don't think it's lack of not knowing how to play away. I would say lack of quality top6 players is a much bigger concern. We have one great line and then the rest. Explains why we will always struggle away.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't think it's lack of not knowing how to play away. I would say lack of quality top6 players is a much bigger concern. We have one great line and then the rest. Explains why we will always struggle away.

Yup. Way easier for us to get the crappier matchups since we don’t have the depth to neutralize that.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Yeah and that contributes to more chaos when Bednar can't match lines the way he wants.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Those lines confirmed?

4th line of Kam-JTC-Calvy looks more interesting than the 3rd line of LBN-Soda-Gork.

Also, Zads-Nemmy... yikes, let's hope they don't have to pass further than 5 feet.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Those lines confirmed?

4th line of Kam-JTC-Calvy looks more interesting than the 3rd line of LBN-Soda-Gork.

Also, Zads-Nemmy... yikes, let's hope they don't have to pass further than 5 feet.

Zads and Nemo were to bad in the opener vs the Wild. But who knows on the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad