Pre-Game Talk: game is too early, please change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I will get my revenge on my son. When I’m an old man that can barely walk, he will change my diaper !!

can’t wait till I hit 40 in 6 years. Muahahahah

no chance. These kids grow up and will throw you in the street if you become a burden. This is why it is good to save your money and employ some servants or a nanny when you get old.

in my case, my wife will be changing my diapers when I am old. That, or I go shit in the bushes. Her choice.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
no chance. These kids grow up and will throw you in the street if you become a burden. This is why it is good to save your money and employ some servants or a nanny when you get old.

in my case, my wife will be changing my diapers when I am old. That, or I go shit in the bushes. Her choice.
Lol saving money hahahaha. Maybe some day

wife got laid off from Covid and took a huge pay cut. With daycare being 800 a month, bills and mortgage. Sheeesh. Hard to imagine anyone saving money. Got hit with some nasty car and vet bills too lately.

With that said, I hear robbing banks is easy. Might try one day. Small town though. Not a big city

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Hah, you think you will outlive your wife!

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Lol saving money hahahaha. Maybe some day

wife got laid off from Covid and took a huge pay cut. With daycare being 800 a month, bills and mortgage. Sheeesh. Hard to imagine anyone saving money. Got hit with some nasty car and vet bills too lately.

With that said, I hear robbing banks is easy. Might try one day. Small town though. Not a big city
Don’t rob. Seriously, I hope you guys are OK. Things will get better. It is hard at times, but try to stay optimistic.

you can reach out if it gets too desperate.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
The fact that Smith looks like he's even dressing for this game shows how sad our management is. Any other team he'd be gone.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Don’t rob. Seriously, I hope you guys are OK. Things will get better. It is hard at times, but try to stay optimistic.

you can reach out if it gets too desperate.
Thanks my man. You are seriously a gem of a person! That is super appreciated!

I don’t do anything too stupid. Once and a while when the oilers make me made I yell. But Leah told me to stop that so now I just sit in silent anger lol!!!! Generally more at Mike Smith.

Reactions: gordonhught

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Nothing like the pre-game BWT before the game day BWT (Bitch & Whine Thread).
Honestly I agree with your point but I cant help it. Our team is amazing in so many ways but I'm upset with it right now. It's reasonable to feel this way. No other fanbase has to deal with this level of incompetence. Having McDavid and Drai opens doors. It's why Hyman, Kane and others signed here. There is no excuse for the team having a weakness as horrible as our goaltending. No excuse period

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Question...is it up to the coach to tell the GM to waive Smith, or is that the GMs job?

It'd still affect the cap hit.

"What is a 35-plus contract?

A contract is designated a 35+ contract if the players age on the first year of the contract is 35 or older (as of June 30 prior to the year of the effective contract).

35+ contracts that are two years in length or longer and:
1. Have a signing bonus in the 2nd or later year, OR
2. Are front-loaded

Will not benefit from a reduced cap hit regardless of the players location of play, termination, retired status, or a buyout. This rule was introduced by the NHL to prevent teams from backloading contracts past when the player was expected to retire. An exception to this rule is that a team will receive a $100,000 cap hit reduction if the player is on the 2nd or later year of the contract and assigned to the minors"

NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
It'd still affect the cap hit.

"What is a 35-plus contract?

A contract is designated a 35+ contract if the players age on the first year of the contract is 35 or older (as of June 30 prior to the year of the effective contract).

35+ contracts that are two years in length or longer and:
1. Have a signing bonus in the 2nd or later year, OR
2. Are front-loaded

Will not benefit from a reduced cap hit regardless of the players location of play, termination, retired status, or a buyout. This rule was introduced by the NHL to prevent teams from backloading contracts past when the player was expected to retire. An exception to this rule is that a team will receive a $100,000 cap hit reduction if the player is on the 2nd or later year of the contract and assigned to the minors"

NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Not concerned about cap, just so Skinner has a spot with Smith waived.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Skinner with the shut out. For f*** sake how a team could be this dire for a goaltender and see there guy in the AHL killing it only to muck around and give sieves Koskinen/Smith chance after chance is so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad