NHL 20 Game is on EA Access. What a laggy POS.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I refuse to buy or let my game sharing partner support this horribly run franchise for years now. I played the beta and demo. But just really playing it now.

My decisions was confirmed as correct when 5 out of the 8 games I played was in horrible lag. You know the old choppy lag in the old games then somebody would DC after like a few seconds of it? Now you get to play thru it. I move 3 inches then freeze for 2. The whole game!!

Then I get Snoop Dogg popping in and on my screen every few games and they wonder why the game is so laggy. Like who asked for this or thought this would help sell more games? Rammer and them are so lost. There's absolutely 0 way they recouped the money they spent on Snoop Dogg and all the ones to be in the game.

This is all started when they decided not to focus on EASHL and move for the quick easy money grab of HUT. That worked for a few years but now look at you. Thinking you need Snoop Dogg commentating to sell games? LOL sad.

During these times could've had real players/teams playing EASHL games. You see all these athletes now playing video games even on ESPN. Where it might be in a few years/decades. They had something good years ago. I'll be surprised if this game still exist in a few years.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
The lag is disgusting. It’s gotten unbearable the past month. To have that happen And continue happening when all of NA is on lockdown is a joke.

Not to bring race into the discussion but we all know why they added Snoop in there. Congrats, you sold 25 more copies to minorities.

EASHL could be a money grab as well but the developers are either brain dead or long playing it. It’s literally impossible to unlock all the gear and most of it is trash anyway. But the higher end celebrations and stuff people would be willing to pay for. That might be where the play is. “Oh you want to unlock more gear? Well this year you can pay for bags!”

whole game is broken really. In EASHL you should be able to CUSTOMIZE your guy with your own attributes that you earn through gameplay. Each model starts with base stats and has a max for each attribute. Played. Team of 2 the other day, both guys 6’7, able to deke with no issue and agile as hell. Was significantly faster than my 90/90/90 Forward. What....? Poke checks are great too, couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve poked a guy clean then next thing you know it’s bounced off 4 skates and ends up on a guys stick with a wide open net.

give me 2k back, even if you have to use fake player and team names.

Reactions: jprenkert

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
The lag is disgusting. It’s gotten unbearable the past month. To have that happen And continue happening when all of NA is on lockdown is a joke.

Not to bring race into the discussion but we all know why they added Snoop in there. Congrats, you sold 25 more copies to minorities.

EASHL could be a money grab as well but the developers are either brain dead or long playing it. It’s literally impossible to unlock all the gear and most of it is trash anyway. But the higher end celebrations and stuff people would be willing to pay for. That might be where the play is. “Oh you want to unlock more gear? Well this year you can pay for bags!”

whole game is broken really. In EASHL you should be able to CUSTOMIZE your guy with your own attributes that you earn through gameplay. Each model starts with base stats and has a max for each attribute. Played. Team of 2 the other day, both guys 6’7, able to deke with no issue and agile as hell. Was significantly faster than my 90/90/90 Forward. What....? Poke checks are great too, couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve poked a guy clean then next thing you know it’s bounced off 4 skates and ends up on a guys stick with a wide open net.

give me 2k back, even if you have to use fake player and team names.

No fake names needed: NHL has been extremely clear in saying that EA Sports has no exclusivity deal with them. It's all up to what company feels they can do a good job and has enough money to license the game.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Ok so our theory of it being because of more people playing because of EA Access isn't true. It's just a dead/laggy game.

whole game is broken really. In EASHL you should be able to CUSTOMIZE your guy with your own attributes that you earn through gameplay.

They changed this because they brought some horrible Youtubers in and guys that were never even good at the game aka "Game Changers" and asked them what to do to make the game better and that was their suggestion. It's stupid but I actually like it right now because I don't have to play at all and on even playing field. Playing guys that are like 2-3 prestige and they see us level 5 comes in and think they're going to wipe us. Then we smack them and it's funny to see them start rage quitting one by one because they think they are getting worked by level 5's but little do they know.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Drop-ins are completely unplayable in EASHL. Just a complete mess of stick tappers, giveaway artists, noobs and lag. Factor that in with human goalies, that rarely add any value to the game and you've got a complete shit-show.

If you don't have a club, don't waste your time with that mess. You're just giving away your CR.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Drop-ins are completely unplayable in EASHL. Just a complete mess of stick tappers, giveaway artists, noobs and lag. Factor that in with human goalies, that rarely add any value to the game and you've got a complete shit-show.

If you don't have a club, don't waste your time with that mess. You're just giving away your CR.

It's not even real hockey. Then they wonder why the community has gone to shit. I get computer d's in club games that play like wingers then you wonder why all these kids play d like wingers. They know no better. Then I can't see in the corners because they decided to be realistic and add shadows. Got a broken game and somebody really had the audacity to waste time and resources on putting shadows in. What a bunch of clowns.

Then I pick a good center build and I'm losing face-offs to snipers/danglers. Come to find out all offensive builds have 85 faceoffs and no way to boost it thru attributes. So much wrong with this game.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If this game had a better roster editor & roster share, it might be salvaged by good roster makers that could change ratings to be more playable. With that said, it's just not very fun anymore. In this day & age, team creation, roster sharing, and customizable league play is essential to good gameplay.

I played the last NHL 2k game not long ago, I think it was 2k10? It was terrible to look at, but the players still moved & defended better; and there were so many options that we don't have 10 years later in EA games.

I've played this game less and less each year, and only buy it now for my son; who plays that EASHL? game with his friends. I have no desire for online gaming anymore at my age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad