Labanc - Tierney - Ward
Meier - Carpenter - Karlsson

Martin - Beard
Pickle - Braun
Dillon - Schlemko

Jones
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=NEWS AND NOTES]

- Oilers looking to tie for the Division lead with a win tonight.
- Sharks lineup taken from their last game, Dell played last, expecting Jones to start.
- Talbot, or LB?
- Look at me, Soli!
- Kassian is life.
[/fieldset]

Lines updated for now.
Let's ****in' do it, boys.

Last edited:

Connor McFries

5-14-6-1
Jan 9, 2008
I feel that the first 15 mins of this game is going to be fire. The Sharks likely will skate circles and it will be up to Dadbot to keep the game close.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
BIG test tonight. Sharks have given the Oilers the most problems of any team this year I think. Hopefully Talbot continues rolling.

Connor McFries

5-14-6-1
Jan 9, 2008
That was last night, you're a day late, Mr. Time Traveller.

Lol, I probably should have explained my stance more clearly.

A lot of people on this board who think that the Oilers make the playoffs prefer to play the Ducks in the first round. A reason being that the Oilers match up really well against the Ducks. The Ducks like to kill you by grinding a lot. They don't really have the horses to play a speed game.

This is where SJ differs. Yes, they're a bigger team. However, they're a fast team. I've caught a few games of theirs and they ALWAYS come out skating.

If last nights game meant the Oilers had to weather a grinding storm, then tonight's game, they likely have to weather a speed storm with attacks coming in wave after wave.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Meh, we could have beaten this team in both of the first 2 games, and we can beat them tonight.

Jones has been better than Talbot H2H and that has been the biggest difference in the season series to date.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Big test.

I think they are up to the challenge!

Go Oilers! Beat those ******!

I'm not saying you're always negative... but I like what this season has done to some of our attitudes towards tough games!! haha.

I said that if they took 1 of 2 of these games, I'd be happy. So I'm happy already, with beating the Ducks like that. It would be nice to get another win tonight, but I'm not holding my breath. Do they have it in them? Yes. Will they pull it out against one of the strongest teams right now? Not so certain.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
if we win this game in regulation tonight, i will officially "believe".... i solemnly promise to switch from my traditional stance of "always expecting the worse" with this team, to believing in the team, and expecting success

this, of course, means we will lose 5-0 tonight, as the universe will simply not allow me to have a positive outlook for this team, lol... if we do lose badly, feel free to blame me

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
if we win this game in regulation tonight, i will officially "believe".... i solemnly promise to switch from my traditional stance of "always expecting the worse" with this team, to believing in the team, and expecting success

this, of course, means we will lose 5-0 tonight, as the universe will simply not allow me to have a positive outlook for this team, lol... if we do lose badly, feel free to blame me

Same here.

This win would make the Oilers great again imo. #MOGA

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hertl's in, and I think Goodrow is out. I dunno, I'm waiting on the lines from the Sharks board before I change the lines.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Damn near forgot, the Great (est) One's birthday is today. It'd be nice to rack up another win for his 56th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad