Proposal: Game Day Threads

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
You know, I used to come to these boards because the GDT was ridiculous. By ridiculous, I mean awesome. I cannot recall who used to make the threads, but I was definitely one of the contributors from time to time, with imagery or otherwise. What happened to those days? What happened to all that excitement and those beautifully crafted game day threads? Can we get back there again?

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You know, I used to come to these boards because the GDT was ridiculous. By ridiculous, I mean awesome. I cannot recall who used to make the threads, but I was definitely one of the contributors from time to time, with imagery or otherwise. What happened to those days? What happened to all that excitement and those beautifully crafted game day threads? Can we get back there again?

I'll get back to it when I get my liking privileges back. :sarcasm:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Be the change you want to see.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I get it, but honestly, if I am going to look at it from a slightly negative perspective, why would one post at the beginning of the GDT make that much of a difference for you?

Once you read past the first page, the original post becomes a distant memory and it has no effect on what goes on in the next 20-40 pages.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Be the change you want to see.

I was all up on that, until I got married and had a child. Maybe that's what happened to the others who used to make the awesome threads. But, I'm definitely up for some Colin White patronage. We could certainly use his skill at center in the line up currently.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I think I made a GDT or two way back in the day...and it took forever to do. Images, jokes, more images, line ups, opposing team lineups, jokes about the other team.

It was a whole ordeal. When done properly, they were hilarious. There was one Habs GDT that had the 1000 comments before the game even started and the GDT got locked before puck drop. Habs fans were all pissy about it. Amazing.

I think it's a mix of the people who did them don't anymore because it took a long time, and the young bucks joining up don't know they were a thing.

We used to have a Sticky thread to sign up to do a GDT because it was a whole big thing to do one and you didn't want duplicates

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I loved making GDTs when I was a teenager with lots of free time 5+ years ago, but I have no time for that anymore. It was a fun tradition but it was also very time consuming to make a good one so I don't blame people for stopping.
Also, the decline of the team since 2017 contributed to a lack of enthusiasm in the fanbase which I think gradually killed the creation of creative GDTs.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I can say that people from the opposing teams used to checkout other team’s GDTs… and it would ramp up the rivalry.

We don’t get many visitors anymore until post game shenanigans are underway for the giggle factor.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I loved making GDTs when I was a teenager with lots of free time 5+ years ago, but I have no time for that anymore. It was a fun tradition but it was also very time consuming to make a good one so I don't blame people for stopping.
Also, the decline of the team since 2017 contributed to a lack of enthusiasm in the fanbase which I think gradually killed the creation of creative GDTs.
As someone who also poured a lot of time and effort into making fun GDTs, I 100% echo this. It was a lot of fun to do, but life happened. Don't have the time to pour into it anymore, to say nothing of the fact that my fandom isn't as rabid as it once was. Once we see the pride restored and locate ourselves in the W column more often, I'm sure we'll have no problem finding that next generation of fun GDT makers. But I wouldn't put money down on that any time in the near future.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I used to make a few too. Now I have less free time (working non regular hours sucks, if I'm lucky I get to watch one game a week), and I also don't have a computer and just a tablet which makes it difficult to do image editing.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
This kind of has me wanting to make a GDT for tomorrow since I have a couple days off. But I have no ideas :laugh:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
was it JerkStore who made those insanely in depth GDT threads?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'll get back to it when I get my liking privileges back. :sarcasm:

I didn't even know you could lose the ability to like stuff.

I kinda want to see if I can lose it.

Hey Mods! You smell like stinky cheese that's been sitting in the sun all day, inside an old shoe, that's been farted on.

Boom. Roasted.

Ball is in your court, Mods.

Reactions: Deku

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
This kind of has me wanting to make a GDT for tomorrow since I have a couple days off. But I have no ideas :laugh:

I was thinking something along the lines of man down, since it is remembrance day coming and we have so many out sick with covid or our injured. I know, I know, maybe a bit disrespectful to remembrance day, but I think we need a funny one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00