Tidbits: Game Cancellations and Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
That would never work. Bruce Willis is still alive
I honestly was in a better mood as I imagined a Texas sized rock hurtling toward the earth at 1.5% the speed of light. You had to ruin that for me reminding me that I’d be listening to Aerosmith and trying to decide if Liv Tyler was really hot or not all while Bruce Willis saved our Pejorative Slured smooth brained species from what we deserve. Thanks a lot

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Minneapolis and St.Paul to require proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test for Restaurants, Bars, Entertainment venues etc (including Stadiums and Arenas - so this WILL affect Wild games).

Minneapolis, St. Paul to require vaccine proof to get into bars, restaurants
Minneapolis and St. Paul will require customers to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to enter restaurants, bars and other entertainment venues, among the most aggressive steps the Twin Cities have taken to date to curb the spread of COVID-19, mayors from both cities announced Wednesday.
The new restrictions — which will apply to businesses where food or beverages are sold for on-site consumption — will go into effect for most businesses on Jan. 19. Patrons can provide either proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken under medical supervision within the last 72 hours. Booster shots are not required.
The requirement would apply to stadiums, movie theaters, bowling alleys, convention centers and other venues that serve food or drink. St. Paul's mandate will apply only to businesses that are licensed by the city.
Children under the age of 2 are exempted from the policy. Those between the ages of 2 and 5 — who have not yet gotten the green light from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to receive their shots — will be required to get tested.
"Our expectation is that the vast majority of businesses will comply, will participate and will see this as an opportunity to keep their business open, to keep their employees working and to keep our whole community moving forward together," St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter said at the news conference.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Minneapolis and St.Paul to require proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test for Restaurants, Bars, Entertainment venues etc (including Stadiums and Arenas - so this WILL affect Wild games).

Minneapolis, St. Paul to require vaccine proof to get into bars, restaurants

Despite the vaccine being seemingly ineffective against stopping the spread of the Omicron variant, vaccinated don’t need to provide a negative test? If I owned a bar, restaurant, or venue I’d tell the city to f*** off. Not their job to be the COVID police.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Despite the vaccine being seemingly ineffective against stopping the spread of the Omicron variant, vaccinated don’t need to provide a negative test?
Nope. One or the other needed. Not both.

So now this is added to the already added mask mandate.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Nope. One or the other needed. Not both.

So now this is added to the already added mask mandate.

Attendance is going to drop quite heavily from this I’d imagine. I feel bad for the Xcel employees that are going to have to deal with all of this extra shit.

On the bright side, probably cheaper tickets available now.

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
According to Russo, it doesn't go into effect at the X until the 26th, so no January game is affected.

Of course the Strib is saying it does take effect prior to the game on the 22nd... so yeah...

Minneapolis, St. Paul sports venues will now require proof of vaccination or negative test
The new rules will go into effect on Jan. 19. The next night the University of Minnesota women's basketball team faces Iowa at Williams Arena at 7 p.m., the first game that would be impacted by the change.
Xcel Energy Center would be the first professional sports venue to enforce the new rules on Jan. 22 when the Wild face the Chicago Blackhawks in a Saturday night matchup. The Wild has had seven of its previous 12 matches postponed due to COVID-19 infections around the NHL.

Last edited:

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
Why would proof of vax matter at all after months of evidence showing the vaccine has no effect on contraction or transmission?

Ive spent my last dollar in the twin cities. No more. I love going to games at Target Field and the X along with concerts at the Armory but never again.
They won’t miss you.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well this thread was obviously a mistake on my part.

Discuss game cancellations in Wild General or Around the NHL. Leave the Covid talk on the Covid forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad