Tidbits: Game Cancellations and Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

As a Florida fan good news for hockey fans. We played with 5D last night and only Weegar was a regular. Had to play AHL D Chase Priskie 25 minutes on the third game of a back to back to back for him due to lack of RD

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'll sure be pissed if the Winter Classic is postponed.
Well, they can make a pretty good argument that transmission of the disease is slowed in the outdoors, but I can't see how they have people sitting cheek to cheek. Maybe with staggered seating ?

The Chinese have to be tearing their hair out, too. All that money invested in the Olympics, and this comes up 1 1/2 mos. before. Maybe they'll have to skip a year, like the summer Olympics(Japan)?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Well, they can make a pretty good argument that transmission of the disease is slowed in the outdoors, but I can't see how they have people sitting cheek to cheek. Maybe with staggered seating ?

The Chinese have to be tearing their hair out, too. All that money invested in the Olympics, and this comes up 1 1/2 mos. before. Maybe they'll have to skip a year, like the summer Olympics(Japan)?
I thought the US was going to boycott the Olympics anyway? There have at least been rumblings.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
How are all these teams getting hammered with COVID?

A month ago Minnesota was the hot spot for COVID in the US and we haven't had anywhere near the issues so many of these teams are having.

Our only run-in this year was Zucc and Pitlick and it seemed to be contained without any issues(while traveling together on the road).

Are we just getting lucky? Better immunity because of our breakout last year?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
How are all these teams getting hammered with COVID?

A month ago Minnesota was the hot spot for COVID in the US and we haven't had anywhere near the issues so many of these teams are having.

Our only run-in this year was Zucc and Pitlick and it seemed to be contained without any issues(while traveling together on the road).

Are we just getting lucky? Better immunity because of our breakout last year?
I'm going with lucky. MN is doing a reasonably good job at dealing with Covid, but no better than some other jurisdictions.

Maybe our team is doing a better job than most of being careful, but I don't see it. All teams are vaxxed, and boosted, I would guess.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm going with lucky. MN is doing a reasonably good job at dealing with Covid, but no better than some other jurisdictions.

Maybe our team is doing a better job than most of being careful, but I don't see it. All teams are vaxxed, and boosted, I would guess.

I wont say their names here, but my son and his friend had more than a few cocktails with two very prominent members of the Wild last night at a popular seafood restaurant in Minneapolis. I was still getting text messages past 1 am....so I know of at least two Wild players who arent being extra careful...at least they weren't last night. :)

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I wont say their names here, but my son and his friend had more than a few cocktails with two very prominent members of the Wild last night at a popular seafood restaurant in Minneapolis. I was still getting text messages past 1 am....so I know of at least two Wild players who arent being extra careful...at least they weren't last night. :)

Must be Mats & Kirill :D

At least they attended a wrestling show a few days ago.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

That’s mighty presumptuous of you lol

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just put on the tinfoil hat for a sec. NHL is being extra careful just to get out of letting players go to the Olympics because they will need that blocked off time for makeup games. :popcorn:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not being contrary. I just need explanation. If they show no symptoms and are vaccinated what is the problem? I’m in a city of 100,000
2 have died.
More die in a day of many many other things yet life goes on.
Not being contrary, just don’t understand when healthy elite athletes show no symptoms, nearly all vaccinated, yet they want to shut everything down?
An infected, asymptomatic person can spread a disease as well as a symptomatic person. Over 800,000 people have died from this disease in this country. Life isn't going on for those people. One such person lived on my tiny little block...he was only 56 yo. Sometimes it needs to strike close to home before it seems real. Hospitals are filled as we speak with people infected with, and some dying of, Covid.

I would far rather be talking about hockey than Covid, but you can't just pretend it's not there, and hope it will go away. We tried that.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
An infected, asymptomatic person can spread a disease as well as a symptomatic person. Over 800,000 people have died from this disease in this country. Life isn't going on for those people. One such person lived on my tiny little block...he was only 56 yo. Sometimes it needs to strike close to home before it seems real. Hospitals are filled as we speak with people infected with, and some dying of, Covid.

I would far rather be talking about hockey than Covid, but you can't just pretend it's not there, and hope it will go away. We tried that.

its not going away so are we going to shut down the league every winter??

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The topic's unavoidable since we've seen, and will likely continue to see, games postponed due to Covid. Try to keep that discussion in this thread and on the rails.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The topic's unavoidable since we've seen, and will likely continue to see, games postponed due to Covid. Try to keep that discussion in this thread and on the rails.
Also, please keep this to the NHL and the Wild specifically, not general COVID talk, there is a COVID forum if you want general COVID discussion.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
There is about 40 games postponed so far. US/Canada border travel games suspended until at least after x-mas.

I'm guessing the Olympics is out for NHL players.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Just cancel the entire world ....we as a species are too f***ing stupid to be allowed to exist. We need an asteroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad