1 Ghost
1 Rasmussen
1 Holl
1 Seider

Spacegoat Total

1 Petry
1 Copp (+1)
1 Perron

3 stars and 1 scapegoat. All redwing players. Not difficult.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
to call them stars is more than they deserve but...

Veleno
Raymond
Czarnik

Spacegoat: Ras

Copp could be as well but he has the offensive instincts of a love child between Kris Draper and Darren Helm. It's frustrating but less surprising. But Ras looked like he was playing his first NHL game. So soft on the puck. Blowing easy passes, including a zone entry where he somehow messed up a 2 foot pass.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I say not difficult but for a game like this it is kinda difficult.

1. Veleno
2. Walman
3. Husso

SG. Larkin

1. Seider
2 Czarnik
3. Joey

HM: Ray and Kostin battled hard.

Spacegoat: Just pick from the Buffet. Moose was the worst

An absolute f*** fest. Haven’t been this mad with the team in forever. I hope it was fatigue or the flu. If not, then hire Vader as motivational speaker and mental strength coach.

00105260-85BA-4C9C-BF33-E033A3B4783A.gif

I‘m more mad than I thought I’d be. That was shameful. Night , boys

Last edited:

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I regret bumping the Compher thread saying I was wrong and he was good. Hasn't been on the score sheet since. Being with no offense Copp is clearly part of the problem, but I have to take my share of the blame too. Sorry guys, my bad.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Veleno
Czarnik
Raymond

Spacegoat: Copp. He’s an offensive black hole. Sound defense so put him on the 4th, but stop letting him drag down better offensive linemates. The dude cannot convert on scoring chances.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Star:
1. Veleno. Dude was out there giving it his all. Every time I saw him with the puck, I knew he'd at least put in some effort.
No second or third stars.

Goat: Everyone else. Seriously. I don't know what's going on with the boys right now, but they've gotta find a way past it. After five straight wins where we went in and dominated our opponents despite sleepwalking through a period, we're now finding it difficult to string together 20 whole minutes of consistency. More than just a little frustrating.

Final thoughts: Shake it off -- all of it -- and get ready for the Isles on Monday.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Didn’t watch (at work)…Sounds like the team has regressed.
I wouldn't call it regression. From what I've seen, I think the team is trying to continue playing the way they were early on despite the fact that teams seem to be keen to the game now. The boys were all talking up the possibility of playoffs... if they actually want that, if they believe they can do it, they need to be quick to adjust. Taking three games to make an adjustment is ~2.67 games too many. The boys have gotta learn to adjust a whole lot faster than that if they wanna make it to the second season.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Veleno
Czarnik
Raymond

Spacegoat: Copp. He’s an offensive black hole. Sound defense so put him on the 4th, but stop letting him drag down better offensive linemates. The dude cannot convert on scoring chances.
He’s a third line center playing second line wing. We’re seriously short on top six forwards at the moment. I only count three and they’re all on our top line. This will be our problem as the season goes on.

Reactions: Realgud

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
1. Veleno
2. Czarnik
3. Kostin

SG: Ras

Not a great effort. I feel like they don't have that extra gear yet. They have the "oh hey, we can win games and hang in games with regular effort" gear but they don't have the "gotta dig deep and get to that loose puck at all costs" gear.

Our disorganization on D is something that needs to be addressed soon. I feel like we're just winging it (no pun intended) most of the time and it kind of works against some teams...

Also, what happened to playing mean? I loved us mixing it up and taking no shit. And then we go up against the big bad Bruins and decide we can't go toe to toe with them? I mean, maybe not. Maybe we can't. But playing on this side of the line didn't win us the game either. Maybe playing up to the line or even over it might have generated a spark.

Reactions: flychairman
Oct 18, 2006
1. Veleno
2. Seider
3. Kostin

Veleno is playing with so much confidence. He wants the puck. He wants to make plays, and what’s to bring the puck up ice with speed. It’s awesome to watch. And his FO skills have some around also. Trending towards our 2C at this rate because those above him haven’t shown much.

SG: Copp. I’m dangerously close to being done with him. Infuriating watching him get so many minutes for so little production. No offensive instincts, no shot, no passing ability, how many years left?

Ras had a poor game but let’s be real, he’s coming back from a very serious injury. He doesn’t have the speed/jump he had last season. Give him time.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Ras had a poor game but let’s be real, he’s coming back from a very serious injury. He doesn’t have the speed/jump he had last season. Give him time.
Sure, but he's been good the first half-dozen games already. It seemed like an off night for him. It happens.

Reactions: Filppula

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1 - Veleno
2 - No one else

Spacegoat

Team and Petry

We played like crap for 53 or so minutes of this game.

Reactions: Realgud

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
SG: Copp. I’m dangerously close to being done with him. Infuriating watching him get so many minutes for so little production. No offensive instincts, no shot, no passing ability, how many years left?

Imo, Copp was the best from the bullzoder line. He was getting and creating chances. Compher totally invisible and Ras took that stupid penalty.

They just have to breakup that damn trio. They are wasting Compher now totally as a defensive roles. He just goes overdefensive, when at pre-season we saw how he could create nice offence at offensive role, without lacking defence.

Give Compher his own line to play offence and put Copp to 4th. Bring Berggren in.

Cat - Larkin - Raymond (or Ras - Larkin - Cat)
Ras - Compher - Berggren (or Berggren - Comp - Ray)
Perro - Veleno - Sprong
Kostin - Copp - Fischer

So Czarnik out and Berggren in. Also could try Rasmussen at 1st line and put the Berggren - Raymond together with Compher.

That changes the whole team to Top9 offence from Top6/Bottom6 formation, which is losing a team formation.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I missed the game, but looks like it's not worth watching.

From what I gather, Boston's still good, Copp's still bad, and "you don't win many games when Joey is your best player". None of that really surprises me much.

3 game losing streak, I expect Lalonde to shuffle the lines for the next game.

Also, the Wings are now 8th worst in goals allowed. Husso is 43rd in SV% and 48th in GAA. Recent castaways Ned, Comrie, and Mrazek all have better stats.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I missed the game, but looks like it's not worth watching.

From what I gather, Boston's still good, Copp's still bad, and "you don't win many games when Joey is your best player". None of that really surprises me much.

3 game losing streak, I expect Lalonde to shuffle the lines for the next game.

Also, the Wings are now 8th worst in goals allowed. Husso is 43rd in SV% and 48th in GAA. Recent castaways Ned, Comrie, and Mrazek all have better stats.

Boston was still fine (annoyingly), but I think last night was more we sucked then they were really good. Husso is becoming more and more a guy who lets in some weak goals. Neither of the first 2 were totally on him, but still they weren't unstoppable either.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Husso (90% on 10 PP shots)
Veleno
Seider

Spacegoat: lots to choose from but I'm going with Gostisbehere. I didn't like his weak stick work when McAvoy went to the net.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Boston was still fine (annoyingly), but I think last night was more we sucked then they were really good. Husso is becoming more and more a guy who lets in some weak goals. Neither of the first 2 were totally on him, but still they weren't unstoppable either.

Yeah, there were several people here who thought Boston was gonna suck after losing their top 2 centers. They still have a good defense and goalie, and know how to take advantage of the opponent's mistakes. Sucking does not help.

I watched the highlights. Agree Husso needs to make those saves. Aren't goalies suppose to squeeze their pads together when they lose track of the puck in their equipment?

That Joey highlight.... he absolutely schooled Carlo. That made it worthwhile to watch the 3 min highlights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad