Canada
I wish i could do this , had a tooth yanked today . :laugh:

Big baby, here you go

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ledge man is quick to recall that this is how they started last year, but I bet not many of you remember that they hobbled out of the gate, bleeding shot share at the start of '17/'18, too.

Classic Jets slow start. See where it goes.

(And, as @AlphaLackey already pointed out, raw numbers don't mean a lot at this stage)

I'm kinda just holding on to the hope that we started out 17/18 as pretty turrible as well.

Some did :laugh:

Reactions: Evil Little

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Blame Laine if you like, but the fact is that Little has not been an effective 200' ft player for several years.

Edit: You talk about his linemates as though they were rookies. Ehlers is in his 5th season, Laine his 4th and Connor his 3rd +.

With the right players, he can be a very effective player - not sure what several years includes but I don't remember him being as bad as you make it sound other than the last 2 with Laine. I'd rather not blame Laine but he played a role in Little's rep as a ineffective 200' player.

I talk about his linemates as if they are young players - because they are - especially when referenced in the same sentence at Little.

I look forward to Little returning and playing well with this young wingers - that's what this was all about. I'd have rather have kept Laine out of the discussion but when the discussion leads to Little "drowning" in his own end, maybe other factors will get pulled in -

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If we can ever pull off a 3rd scoring line, I'm fully with you on this -
We've struggled with that due in part to our inability to find a center that can drive a 3rd scoring line -

And around we go -

He's better at wing than our current crop of 4th line wingers - I'd like to see someone else fill in that 4c role and see if we can finally get that elusive 3rd scoring line.

Who's that new Swede that looks like he can skate, defend and also just happens to be a center? :nod:

You think Gus looks like he can skate? I mean, even if he can skate he sure doesn't look like he can skate.:laugh:
Seriously, I think skating is his weakness. I hope he works on it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
With the right players, he can be a very effective player - not sure what several years includes but I don't remember him being as bad as you make it sound other than the last 2 with Laine. I'd rather not blame Laine but he played a role in Little's rep as a ineffective 200' player.

I talk about his linemates as if they are young players - because they are - especially when referenced in the same sentence at Little.

I look forward to Little returning and playing well with this young wingers - that's what this was all about. I'd have rather have kept Laine out of the discussion but when the discussion leads to Little "drowning" in his own end, maybe other factors will get pulled in -

It goes back at least 3 years. I think it predates Laine and it applied during those brief periods when Laine wasn't on his line. He just isn't the player he was 5 years ago.

Yes they are young. They are also pretty experienced. Experience makes players better. I don't believe age does.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Blame Laine if you like, but the fact is that Little has not been an effective 200' ft player for several years.

Edit: You talk about his linemates as though they were rookies. Ehlers is in his 5th season, Laine his 4th and Connor his 3rd +.

Your point? and all are bad in the D zone. Thats a lot to cover for. Yes they are getting better. But lets not pretend Connor and Laine are anything but bad in our own zone. Been on full display. Our whole top 6 as a whole is bad in our zone..... Little has always been strong 2 way when he played with Ladd/Frolik/Perreault/Wheeler. I would measure him more off that then with Laine and Connor and Ehlers lol. Decline in speed/ quickness/ offense sure. But most guys dont just take a steep decline i. 1-2 years in the D zone when that was always a strength

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Your point? and all are bad in the D zone. Thats a lot to cover for. Yes they are getting better. But lets not pretend Connor and Laine are anything but bad in our own zone. Been on full display. Our whole top 6 as a whole is bad in our zone..... Little has always been strong 2 way when he played with Ladd/Frolik/Perreault/Wheeler. I would measure him more off that then with Laine and Connor and Ehlers lol. Decline in speed/ quickness/ offense sure. But most guys dont just take a steep decline i. 1-2 years in the D zone when that was always a strength

I agree that our top 6, apart from Ehlers, is weak defensively. My point is simply that Little is included in that. He hasn't been good defensively for several years. Laine and Connor probably have contributed to that. But people here keep insisting he is good defensively based on a reputation from several years ago that just isn't true anymore.

Little may have played a lot of the time with our weakest defensive W but he has also spent about the same time with our strongest defensive winger. Edit: That is strongest among the top 6.

Reactions: hn777

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It goes back at least 3 years. I think it predates Laine and it applied during those brief periods when Laine wasn't on his line. He just isn't the player he was 5 years ago.

Yes they are young. They are also pretty experienced. Experience makes players better. I don't believe age does.[/QUO

They are young and still learning - I think they might have more to learn.

I never said Little is playing at the same level as 5 years ago - I'm simply stating he is not drowning in his own end as some feel the need to state.
Little is coming back to play as our 2nd line center - and I think he's the best man for the job.
That's pretty much all I have to add Mort.
GJG

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

@LowLefty
Agree that Little will be 2C. I don't think there is any doubt about that. But Roslovic has been good enough at 3C to have earned a shot while Little remains out. Copp has been tried. I wouldn't say he has failed. But I wouldn't call him a roaring success there either. He has had enough games for the trial to be meaningful. Give Roslovic a shot and see what happens. If he doesn't take off and run with the opportunity then put him back between Perreault and Appleton. That has been our best line much of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad