GDT: [Game #9] Dallas Stars vs. New York Rangers - 1:00 PM CT (BSSW)

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Well that was a waste of time. Need to mix up those middle two lines and get Blumel in the line up over Gurianov.

Suter is a #6 dman playing top pair minutes.

Reactions: Elysian

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
i was ~joking, i wish he hadnt fallen so far these last couplefew seasons :\

(oops, re Jamie)

And I think Wedgewood was serviceable til goal 4-5, his D hung him out to dry and who knows why else he came out so far— totally cratered this one

It’s just one game, but we need a couple people to come back into the lineup who play some extremely important roles

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
He had that epic game against Hurricanes last season. He seems to unravel after giving up bad goals, granted he wasn't supposed to play tonight. When the going gets tough the tough get going? I don't pretend to be able to understand goaltenders anyways.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
He had that epic game against Hurricanes last season. He seems to unravel after giving up bad goals, granted he wasn't supposed to play tonight. When the going gets tough the tough get going? I don't pretend to be able to understand goaltenders anyways.
One good game does not a Wedgewall make :sarcasm:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Someone here said Otter had a shoulder injury, PDB says he caught his skate on the goal post. I hope that wasn't what Bishop was coaching him on, LOL, because that is a Bishop special. Maybe it is a hazard of being a big goalie.

Wedgewood is a competent backup, probably going to have a save % on either side of .900. Dobby backing him up? Ouch, we are now subpar at goalie.

This will be a tough stretch without our best two players out. Hopefully, not for long! Hopefully, this shellacking will be a wakeup call that they need to get back on track.

PDB also mentioned our "reckless sticks" in the post game presser, but there were no stick fouls today, just tripping and interference calls, as usual, with the Delly and Benn roughing minors thrown in. I'm still stuck on all the interference calls against them, not all of which have been warranted, IMHO. BTW, did that one angle on the JRob tripping call looked like his stick actually missed the player, and Razor noted that too. I'm sure the reasons for their number of penalties is more legit than I as a typical fan think, but I also took the two late calls to make the game calls look more even as evidence that the refs knew they weren't calling them equally.

I also wonder if there is a problem like we had when we traded Ott and Ribs, i.e., they had given the Stars a rep for complaining, which just led to more calls, not less. Anyway, I will enjoy it when all the penalties come back to even with a few games where the Stars get 6-7 power plays to 1-2 for the other team.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Someone here said Otter had a shoulder injury, PDB says he caught his skate on the goal post. I hope that wasn't what Bishop was coaching him on, LOL, because that is a Bishop special. Maybe it is a hazard of being a big goalie.

Wedgewood is a competent backup, probably going to have a save % on either side of .900. Dobby backing him up? Ouch, we are now subpar at goalie.

This will be a tough stretch without our best two players out. Hopefully, not for long! Hopefully, this shellacking will be a wakeup call that they need to get back on track.

PDB also mentioned our "reckless sticks" in the post game presser, but there were no stick fouls today, just tripping and interference calls, as usual, with the Delly and Benn roughing minors thrown in. I'm still stuck on all the interference calls against them, not all of which have been warranted, IMHO. BTW, did that one angle on the JRob tripping call looked like his stick actually missed the player, and Razor noted that too. I'm sure the reasons for their number of penalties is more legit than I as a typical fan think, but I also took the two late calls to make the game calls look more even as evidence that the refs knew they weren't calling them equally.

I also wonder if there is a problem like we had when we traded Ott and Ribs, i.e., they had given the Stars a rep for complaining, which just led to more calls, not less. Anyway, I will enjoy it when all the penalties come back to even with a few games where the Stars get 6-7 power plays to 1-2 for the other team.
The Robertson penalty was a bad call, but it only hurts worse because of all of the deserved dumb penalties the Stars were also taking. I'm glad DeBoer is taking about penalties because they are a big cause for the team's skid.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
I think it is safe to say that Wedgewood is as big a liability as Benn. Guaranteed to give up 3 goals per game. That was pathetic. Send his ass somewhere and maybe Dobey can limit the opposing team to 2. I am so pissed

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Is calling up Dobby even possible with his cap hit? I mean he’s washed up so I personally don’t care.

Reactions: Elysian

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I think it is safe to say that Wedgewood is as big a liability as Benn. Guaranteed to give up 3 goals per game. That was pathetic. Send his ass somewhere and maybe Dobey can limit the opposing team to 2. I am so pissed

Dobby is terrible now.

Wedgewood is a quality back up. But a back up he is. He should have done better on the 4th and 5th goal. Hopefully Otter and Miro are back sooner than later.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Dobby is terrible now.

Wedgewood is a quality back up. But a back up he is. He should have done better on the 4th and 5th goal. Hopefully Otter and Miro are back sooner than later.
I'd be shocked if W3dg3wood won 5 games this season. He falls apart as soon as a single goal goes in.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I've really not been impressed the last few games. The two gimmes against Smashville really set our bar high but now they're playing teams that can pass hit and score and aren't jetlagged from a trip to Europe.

There wasn't even one guy on that team that was crapping themselves defensively, because the goals were scored basically against 6 different lines. The Rangers top scorers are some of the hottest players in the league right now.

What I don't like is the lack of physicality and basically letting the opposing teams just beat the crap out of them every night. It's cool that they're ok at playing hockey but play a team that's willing to throw down a little harder and has production across the lineup and game over.

The Rangers just ran right over the Stars all night because they looked completely disorganized, much like the Leafs game the other night. There was no control whatsoever. Another game of beer league passing and zero enthusiasm for trying to keep it together. It's tragically bipolar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad