Post-Game Talk: Game 9: 10/30 , Anaheim Ducks @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 4pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I hate the fact that they play always play gibby against Pitz.. It never works.
I almost feel like, this is the game we’re giving him to at least keep up with dostal as far as who will be getting the important starts going forward. I can see a world where Gibson plays poorly tonight, and loses the net until the next time we play back to back games…

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Your numbers look right. It was probably just the last 4 games against pit rather than Gibbys last 4. I went to Dobbers frozen tools and they do 5 game samples and Gibby is 15 goas against at 3.22 GAA(probably left one of those games) and a .916 sv%. It should be noted that up until last season he was 5 goals in 3 games with a .932 sv%

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Ya I think I mixed up 1 of his games with another, so my point isn't as strong, but I still think his struggles against PIT are a bit overblown just because he's from there.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Ya I think I mixed up 1 of his games with another, so my point isn't as strong, but I still think his struggles against PIT are a bit overblown just because he's from there.
Maybe a little, but he genuinely has struggled against Pittsburgh throughout his career. He has a career .898 save percentage against them, which is 6th worst for him (5th if we don't count Seattle, whom he's only played five times). He does have a 3.58 GAA against them, which is second worst (again, behind Seattle, whom we should probably exclude). I seem to recall some clunkers, especially in Pittsburgh. But you're right that it's not horrendous. He's 5-7-1 against them all time.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Team is definitely smart to suit carlsson up in a game to try and sweep a road trip and to get a taste of Sidney Crosby and malkin. We can sit him next game v a coyote team we should beat witu or without him

Reactions: Trojans86

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Quick somebody wake up Leo for the pregame

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    994.9 KB · Views: 1

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I wonder if Verbeek finally realized shuffling the deck every two games on a first line that is playing amazing yet failing to convert is bad for chemistry.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wonder if Verbeek finally realized shuffling the deck every two games on a first line that is playing amazing yet failing to convert is bad for chemistry.
Verbeek likely has zero input on line combinations unless Cronin asks his opinion while getting a beer at the bar after a game

I do agree though that I like the fact that Cronin is so far allowing lines to gain chemistry together before shuffling the deck

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Carlsson will get next game off, and his next game will be against vegas. This week, big Leo will gain 2lbs of muscle alone

Reactions: SmokeyDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad